The 7-day oats diet plan is one of the best and most effective diets on the market. It combines the low-carb and low-fat regimes to help you lose weight quickly and efficiently. Is this really possible? Absolutely! This 7 days oats diet plan is actually well studied, so you don’t have to worry…
The 7-Day Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss
Humans across the globe, in general, are concerned about their body image and weight at least once. The steady rise in obesity has only added to this concern.
Excessive intake of junk food, lack of physical exercise, and sedentary lifestyle are majorly responsible for this obesity menace.
This unhealthy diet and lifestyle will invite several health issues like hypertension, cardiovascular ailments, impaired glucose metabolism, sleep apnea, and depression to name a few.
In this article, we discuss ways to tackle overweight-related health hazards and how to manage weight through an oatmeal diet. Before applying this diet, you must also know the advantages and risks involved in the oatmeal diet.
Let us see how it helps you counter the ill-effects and achieve a healthy weight.
Further, you come to design and learn about the illustrative 7-day oatmeal diet plan that will help you to lose fat much quicker than any other method
Feel good factor with weight loss:
If you aspire to lead a long and healthy life, there is no better option than to shed some excess weight. You will feel better both physically and mentally.
Even reducing 5 to 10 percent of your excess fat in the body can benefit you remarkably. You will find your blood pressure easing, and your sugar metabolism and sleeping pattern improving significantly.
What is Oatmeal?
Oatmeal is a porridge prepared from oats, a much-preferred breakfast food by many. The chief constituent of oatmeal is oats which is a gluten-free whole grain with loads of dietetic benefits.
You can also add fruits, berries, and nuts to your oatmeal. Adding these will enhance its taste, improve its nutritional value and will satiate your stomach.
As the name suggests, oatmeal is the major meal you will be consuming in an oatmeal diet.
The longer you stick to the oatmeal diet, you will experience significant weight loss along with other health benefits. The good news is, similar results can be achieved with a 7-day oatmeal diet too.
In an oatmeal diet, you will also eat other healthy foods to make the diet wholesome.
You can break your oatmeal diet plan into two stages to achieve a slow, steady, and sustainable weight loss.
- Stage I: Initially you eat oats for all three meals daily for a couple of days. It need not be in the form of oatmeal. You can also eat meals prepared using oats accompanied by some fruits.
- Stage II: On completion of Stage I, you can eat oatmeal for one or two meals a day and include meals consisting of low-fat foods like lean meat, chicken, or fish. You must consume more fruits and vegetables at this stage.
As an alternative, you can skip Stage I and opt for the Stage II method for the entire duration of your oatmeal diet regimen.
How to make an oatmeal diet a success?
Make sure your entrée is oatmeal for at least two major meals. This makes the diet more effective.
The normal recommended serving size of oatmeal is half a cup. Add cinnamon for flavor and consume some milk and fruit. Have a small helping of low-fat yogurt. This will aid in digestion. For dinner, consider foods like grilled chicken, fish, or a small lean steak.
Health benefits of oatmeal diet
The nutritional value of oats makes it a dietary powerhouse.
The multiple nutrients obtained from a half cup of rolled oats cooked in water are:
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 1.5 grams
- Sugar: 0 gram
- Calcium: 2% of the recommended amount per day
- Iron: 6%
Oats is a nutrient-dense food and it is also amazingly filling. The abundantly present beta-glucan present in oats is a soluble fiber that slows down the process of digestion as they are lower in glycemic index.
It also binds with cholesterol to flush it out from the body, thus reducing the incidence of heart disease and management of cholesterol levels in the body.
Whole oats are also loaded with many essential vitamins and minerals such as Folate, Vitamin B1, and B5; Manganese, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Zinc, etc. They are rich in antioxidant compounds like phytoestrogens that help in reducing the body’s internal inflammation.
This is an ideal breakfast cereal as it suppresses appetite and in turn, prevents unhealthy snacking throughout the day. Oats take very little time to cook and are easy to swallow.
However, one must pick whole oats than the highly processed instant oats that are available in the market.
Regular consumption of oats will help you to reduce the risks of blood pressure, cardiac diseases, etc.
Some studies suggest that consumption of oats may reduce the risk of bowel diseases, however, the results remain inconclusive.
Is there a risk in the oatmeal diet?
Though oats offer numerous health benefits, one cannot ignore the disadvantages of eating only oats for a period of time.
The prolonged consumption of a very low-calorie diet may leave you fatigued. Likewise, an oats-only diet can result in an imbalance in your healthy nutrition intake.
Let us enumerate the possibilities:
- Since oats are extremely low in calories; you may feel tired and undernourished at the end of the day. To overcome this shortcoming, you can eat additional vegetables and fruits to restore balance.
- The oatmeal diet is a very restrictive diet that excludes other healthy foods. This may impact your metabolism. Tweak your diet plan in such a way that it is less restrictive. This will help you keep up with the diet.
- Eating oatmeal every single day will bore you and after a point in time, you will start to detest your diet. You can avoid this by cooking oats in different ways and including other healthy foods.
Seven-day oatmeal diet plan
Here is a seven-day oatmeal diet plan for you by our health coach Darshita Thakkar.
A glass of warm water in the morning just before breakfast is a good way to launch your oatmeal diet. It not only helps to detoxify but also aids in healthy bowel movement.
Begin the first four days of your diet with a glass of lukewarm water and shift it to lunchtime from the fifth day onwards till the end of the week.
- Breakfast: Half cup oatmeal with one-fourth cup of skim milk. Top it off with half a banana and 4 chopped Almonds
- Lunch: 1 bowl salad, half cup oatmeal along with one-fourth cup of skim milk, and finally a single peach.
- Snack: 1 glass of Buttermilk
- Dinner: Keep it light with a vegetable chickpea salad followed by half cup oatmeal topped with skim milk.
- Breakfast: Half cup oatmeal with one-fourth cup of skim milk and a dash of half teaspoon cinnamon. Top it with chopped apple pieces.
- Lunch: 1 bowl of vegetable soup; only half cup oatmeal along with a similar amount of low-fat yogurt and one apricot.
- Snack: 5-6 strawberries with 4-5 walnuts.
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken (less oil) with 1 cup sauteed vegetables; followed by half cup oatmeal and topped with one carrot, which is a good weight loss friendly food.
- Breakfast: You can have the luxury of a cup of tea or coffee on the third day. Have your customary half cup oatmeal. Top it with one tbsp of peanut butter, half a cup of skim milk, and a few raisins.
- Lunch: Keep your lunch light with the usual half cup oatmeal cooked with 2 tbsp skim milk, one-fourth cup water, steam vegetables, Indian spices, and salt to taste.
- Snack: Low-fat yogurt with sliced fruits & nuts.
- Dinner: To end the day, have steamed fish fillet with 1 cup of brown rice and stir-fried vegetables. It is important that you keep your dinner very light every day.
- Breakfast: Begin with half cup oatmeal, half cup skim milk, one poached egg and enjoy it with a cup of coffee.
- Lunch: For the main course eat half cup oatmeal with the same amount of skim milk followed by 2 pieces of Tandoor Paneer & steamed veggies.
- Snack: Handful of roasted peanuts.
- Dinner: Chicken Soup, Vegetable Fried Rice ( cooked in less oil) will end your day on a positive note.
- Breakfast: A plate of oatmeal with 5-6 chopped cashews and pistachios s is your staple to begin the fifth day.
- Lunch: Half cup oatmeal cooked with boiled chicken, Indian spices, and salt to taste will make you the biggest meal of the day.
- Snack: Green tea and dried fruits.
- Dinner: Make your oatmeal with only a glass of warm water and grilled vegetables.
- Breakfast: Start with half cup oatmeal with half cup non-fat yogurt or milk and finally top it up with 5 chopped walnuts and 2-3 tsp of flaxseeds.
- Lunch: For the main meal of the day you have your regular half cup oatmeal, half cup milk with broccoli florets.
- Snack: A handful of almonds and 1 orange.
- Dinner: Make this meal flat with one glass of warm water to start with, followed by 2 whole wheat vegetable rolls.
- Breakfast: On the last day of the diet, again have your half cup oatmeal accompanied by a little amount of peanut butter and a cup of tea.
- Lunch: Have your usual half cup oatmeal, with chopped beans and carrots.
- Snack: 5 walnuts l with 1 cup papaya.
- Dinner: For the final meal of the seven-day diet plan, start with a glass of warm water and follow it with Grilled chicken (low oil) and sauteed vegetables.
You are free to tweak this effective 7-day oatmeal plan with variants. This will help you to sustain the oatmeal diet plan for a longer period.
Furthermore, your oatmeal diet before and after is what you should consider in the long term, to retain the healthy weight obtained by you in the first place.
Talk to your doctor about this diet regimen. Choose your oatmeal diet plan with suggested adjustments.
The choice of an oatmeal diet plan as part of a healthy diet to reduce weight is ideal. It is itself a low-calorie food item, cost-friendly with several nutritional properties.
Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss: All You Need To Know About This 7-Day Diet
Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss: Oats can provide you with healthy fibre and a load of nutrients. Here’s how you can lose weight by eating oats for at least two meals per day!
- Eating oatmeal may help you lose weight quickly
- Oatmeal is rich in fibre which halts absorption of fat
- Oats idli, oats uttapam are some healthy oats recipes for weight loss
Oats are a popular breakfast food around the world. They are easy to cook and also incredibly versatile. You can use them in smoothies, milkshakes, porridges and even in desserts like cake, cupcakes, muffins and cookies. Oats come with a number of health benefits, weight loss included. Did you know that you can eat oats for all three meals of the day in order to lose weight? That is because oats are rich in satiating fibre, which prevents hunger pangs and eliminates the need for you to snack between meals. Although it is not advisable to restrict your food intake to just one food type or food group, but if you want to lose weight fast, the oatmeal diet could be perfect for you. However, it is important to remember that oatmeal isn’t some miracle food that you can eat to lose weight, but it may bring you results when consumed as part of calorie-restricting diet, along with other nutritious foods.
Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss
There are a number of different variations of the oatmeal diet, which different people follow for different periods of time. There is one which is extremely restrictive and where people only eat oatmeal for all three meals of the day, with calories for all meals coming to a total of 1,300 calories per day. This is followed by reducing it to just two meals a day. In another one, two meals of the day consist of oatmeal while dinner consists of a lean protein like chicken or fish along with salad or cooked vegetables. The second version is healthier from a nutritional standpoint as it provides you with more micro nutrients like essential minerals and vitamins as well. The components of the meals can be changed according to your own convenience, given that the calorie count is constant.
Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss: There are a number of different variations of the oatmeal diet
Facts About Oatmeal Diet For Weight Loss
To follow this 7-day diet, people start off with eating just oatmeal for all three meals of the day for the first two days, followed by eating oatmeal for at least two meals of the day for the next two days. Finally, dieters consume oatmeal for just one meal of the day for the remaining three days. This plan is more sustainable and the calorie count progression in the three phases of the diet is as follows- 100-1200 calories in first two days, 1200-1400 calories in the next two days, 1400-2000 calories in the remaining three days. Oats work by providing the body with fibre, which is great for digestion. Moreover, the fibre in oats can also bind with fat in the intestine, preventing the absorption of fats.
Healthy Oats Recipes For Weight Loss
Here are five healthy low-calorie recipes made from oats that you can consume while following the oatmeal diet for weight loss:
1. Oats Khichdi: A healthier version of the popular Indian food khichadi is the oats khichdi. The savoury dish is easy-to-make and filling.
Oats Diet for weight loss: Oats Khichdi
2. Oats Uttapam: A delicious and healthy variation to the south Indian favourite, oats uttapam makes for a good, filling breakfast.
3. Oatmeal Porridge with Fried Egg: A breakfast dish that can also double up as a lunch recipe, oatmeal porridge with fried eggs has the right amount of fibre and proteins to keep you going.
4. Oats Idli: This recipe takes the health quotient of idli to the next level, by replacing semolina with oats.
Oats Diet for weight loss: Oats Idli
5. Oats and Chicken Porridge: A comforting and nutritious dish fit for any meal of the day, oats and chicken porridge is the perfect combination of taste and health.
Other Health Benefits of Eating Oatmeal:
1. Protects Heart: According to Dr. Manoj Ahuja, “oats are brimming with antioxidants that prevent cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, the dietary fibers in oats are known to lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) without affecting the good cholesterol (HDL).” Additionally, oats comprise plant lignans, which are also known to protect against heart disease. Therefore, adding oatmeal to our daily diet may help reduce our cholesterol levels and keep our heart healthy.
Oats Benefits: Having oatmeal daily may prevent heart-related diseases.
2. Regulates Bowel Movements: As we now know that oats are packed with fibre (both soluble and insoluble), having them daily may prevent constipation and eases bowel movements. Adding oats in your daily diet can keep the issue of constipation at bay. Make them as part of your breakfast meal.
3. Controls Diabetes:Oats are known to stabilise blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of type-2 diabetes. If you are a diabetic, you must include oats in daily diet. The high fibre content and complex carbs in oats help slow down the conversion of this whole food to simple sugars, and beta-glucan delays the fall in blood sugar levels before meals and slows the rise after a meal.
Oats Benefits: Consuming oatmeal regulaly may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
4. Prevents Hypertension: People with high blood pressure must consume oatmeal as a daily dose of this humble food may help combat this problem and in turn, lower risk of hypertension. You can follow oatmeal diet to keep your blood pressure level in control.
5. Protects Skin: Oats have been used as a soothing agent to relieve itch and irritation while also providing an array of benefits for the skin. According to The American Academy of Dermatology, “Oatmeal is able to normalise the skin’s pH. It also helps moisturise and soften the skin.”
Try The 7-Day Oatmeal Diet Plan to Flatten Your Belly
Oatmeal, made up of dry oats, could be a favorite breakfast for many folks, particularly those making an attempt to shed many kilos to slim down. Full of healthy carbs and fibre, oats are a full grain food that’s claimed to offer many health benefits. Studies have shown that oats and oatmeal can help people lose weight, lower blood glucose levels and scale back the chance of heart disease and cancer. In fact, supporters of the oatmeal diet arrange claim that the favored diet will help people lose up to 4 pounds (1.8 kg)in only 1 week.
Oats are whole grains and may be a part of a healthy diet. They can be made a lot of appetizing and wholesome by adding healthy fruits and veggies. But, if you’re searching for how to jumpstart your weight loss journey, the oatmeal diet could be the perfect eating plan to help you get a flat tummy within a short span of time. But, what exactly is that the oatmeal diet? Is it healthy, can it very assist you to reach your weight loss goals? Read on to find out what the oatmeal diet is and whether or not you try to attempt it for yourself.
What is the oatmeal diet and how does it help with weight loss?
As the name suggests, the diet could be a weight loss programme that involves substitution your daily meals with oatmeal, that is high in fibre but low in calories. Basically, the oatmeal diet plan is separated into 3 phases, with the primary part being the most restrictive.
In phase 1, dieters only eat oatmeal for all three meals each day for the first week. They can only eat whole oats and not instant oatmeal. Some people include fruit in this phase.
In phase 2, dieters eat oatmeal for three meals a day and add one-half cup of fruit or raw vegetables to each meal. They can also eat instant oatmeal in this phase.
In phase 3, dieters can resume a regular, healthful diet, but stick to one meal of oatmeal each day. They can also add fruits, nuts, and natural flavorings to the oatmeal to enhance its flavor, but should limit fat intake while on this phase of the diet.
The counseled serving size for oatmeal is ½ cup. Apart from some fruit and veggies, the diet does not allow you to add or have a small amount of skim milk as well as low-fat yogurt on the side. You can also flavor your oat with some spices, like cinnamon, flavoring, etc. Advocates of the oatmeal diet claim that the diet has the potential to deliver serious results, whereas additionally providing nutrients, like fibre, vitamins, and calories an individual must maintain energy whereas losing weight. Dieters claimed losing up to five pounds within the initial week. Besides serving to your turn, oatmeal can even facilitate lower pressure, reduce cholesterol and aid in digestion.
Tips for optimal weight loss on the oatmeal diet
1. For optimal fitness results, follow the diet as outlined or instructed by your dietician.
2. Know the right way to prepare and at oatmeal.
3. Do not go over the recommended calories or cheat on the diet.
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
5. Avoid alcohol or other empty calories.
6. Stick to your fitness regime.
7. Get adequate sleep each night.
Risks of the diet
While oats and oatmeal are very filling and may help you lose weight, it’s a really restrictive eating plan and doesn’t give the nutrients that an individual wants on a daily basis. The diet could be a terrible obesity diet which will not be safe for everybody to take care of a healthy diet.
Like any other fad diets, the oatmeal diet can be dangerously restrictive, mainly because it focuses on a single type of food – oatmeal. Moreover, the tedium of eating it for one or more meals each day can make it hard for people to stick to the eating plan, which is again another hurdle when it comes to losing weight. Hence, the diet is not recommended for long-term weight loss.