This will be the best apple crisp recipe 9×9 pan that you ever taste. It also happens to be easy and inexpensive. The family will love it, as applesauce and oatmeal combine to make a hearty filling, which is then sprinkled with brown sugar before popping in the oven. When they smell it they won’t believe how delicious it is. A sweet streusel topping adds extra flavor and texture.
A simple brown sugar coating is placed on top of tender apples in the one and only Apple Crisp Recipe you’ll ever need. This Apple Crisp recipe is my favorite fall treat, if you ask me to choose one. since it is a classic. since it’s comfortable. And because I always enjoy the combination of cold vanilla ice cream and warm fruit crisp.
Overview of Apple Crisp Recipe
Apples: Apple cider, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla are mixed with thinly sliced apples. The apple mixture is thickened with a couple tablespoons of flour before being put in a baking dish that has been buttered.
Oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter make up the crisp topping. My preferred fruit crisp topping is this. Crumble it over the apples after stirring it up. The brown sugar offers a depth of sweetness, the oats give it heartiness, and the melted butter gives each mouthful a crunchy, buttery texture.
Baking: I like to start this apple crisp off in a foil-covered pan. As a result, there is no danger of the topping overbrowning and the apples starting to soften. Remove the foil and allow the crisp to continue cooking uncovered for another 20 minutes or so. Our topping will become crisp by uncovering the apple crisp. It’s done when the juices are boiling, the topping is golden, and the apples are soft.
Which apple kind should I use?
Utilize your preferred baking apples. My top three picks for this dish are Fuji, Pink Lady, and Honeycrisp. Use Granny Smith apples for a less sweet apple crisp if you like.
Make sure to cut the apples very thinly—no more than a quarter inch. They bake consistently evenly and tenderly this way.
An apple crisp should, in my opinion, be served warm but not hot. The temperature ought to be warm enough to start melting that substantial scoop of vanilla ice cream that I will certainly add on top.
Pouring caramel sauce on top is optional. Alternatively, you could simply ladle some of the enticing apple-cinnamon juices from the bottom of the baking dish onto the crisp.
possess leftovers? They should be put in the fridge. The leftovers can be heated up in the microwave or eaten cold, straight from the refrigerator (for breakfast of champions).
A simple brown sugar coating is placed on top of tender apples in the one and only Apple Crisp Recipe you’ll ever need.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8
- ▢6 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples, see note
- ▢3 tablespoons orange juice, apple juice, or water
- ▢⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ▢2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ▢¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ▢⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ▢⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ▢⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- ▢½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ▢vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, for serving
- Set the oven to 350°F. A 9 12 inch deep dish pie plate or a 9×9 square baking dish should be greased. Place aside.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon to make the topping. Melted butter should be added, then mixed. Place aside.
- Combine the apples, juice, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a sizable basin. Gently stir everything together. Enter the prepared baking dish with the mixture (and any fluids that have gathered). Crumble the mixture over the fruit with your fingertips, occasionally gathering some of it into clumps.
- Apply nonstick spray to a sheet of foil and drape it loosely over the baking dish. a 20 minute bake. Once the topping is golden brown, the apples are soft, and the juices are bubbling around the edges, remove the foil and bake for a further 25 to 30 minutes. With vanilla ice cream, serve warm.
The Perfect Apple Crisp
- Prep15 MIN
- Total45 MIN
- 5cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 3-4 apples)
- 1/3cup white sugar
- 1/2tablespoon flour
- 3/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon nutmeg
- 1cup quick cooking oats
- 1cup brown sugar
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup butter, melted
- 1cup pecans, chopped
- Set the oven to 350°F.
- Put the apple slices in a pan measuring 11×17 or 9×9 inches.
- Sprinkle apples with a mixture of white sugar, a half-teaspoon of flour, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon.
- Oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and melted butter should all be combined. On top of the apple mixture, crumble uniformly.
- Bake the crumble at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add vanilla ice cream to the dish.
- You don’t have time to peel apples yourself. Just mix the cinnamon and nutmeg into two (21 ounce) cans of apple filling. As usual, add the crumble on top.
Best Easy Apple Crisp
The BEST simple apple crisp is made with ooey cinnamon and buttery sugared apples, topped with a brown sugar, cinnamon, and oat topping with a tiny bit of sea salt.
Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 35 MINUTES
Total Time: 45 MINUTES
Servings: 6 SERVINGS
- ▢5 medium apples – peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ▢¾ cup brown sugar
- ▢¼ cup sugar
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢⅓ cup flour
- ▢⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- ▢½ cup brown sugar
- ▢½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢6 tablespoons cold butter
- ▢course sea salt – (optional)
- ▢vanilla ice cream – (for serving)
- Grease a 10-inch circular baking dish or a 9×9-inch square baking dish and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a big basin. Add the apples and combine. In the prepared dish, add the apples and any extra cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Mix the flour, oats, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in a medium bowl. When the flour mixture is crumbly, add the butter, which has been cut into small cubes. Mixture over apples, sprinkle.
- Bake the apples for 35–40 minutes, or until they are soft and the topping has browned.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt (optional).
Pro tip: Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Calories: 430 kcal, Carbohydrates: 83 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 147 mg, Potassium: 255 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 69 g, Vitamin A: 584 IU, Vitamin C: 7 mg, Calcium: 60 mg, Iron: 1 mg
EASIEST APPLE CRISP
In this Easy Apple Crisp recipe, tender honeycrisp apples topped with a simple and delicious oat topping. Served best warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and homemade caramel sauce.
prep time:25 MINS
cook time:35 MINS
total time:1 HR
FOR THE APPLE CRISP:
- 4 medium honey crisp apples, cored and sliced 1/4 an inch thick
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup salted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing baking pan
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- An 9×9 (or 9-inch cake pan) should be butter-greased and the oven should be preheated to 375°.
- Combine the sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the chopped pecans and stir to incorporate.
- Use a pastry blender to mix everything together after adding the softened butter.
- Place the apples in an equal layer in the baking dish that has been prepared.
- Place the oatmeal mixture on top of the apples in a pinch or a scattering.
- For thirty minutes, bake on the middle rack (see notes).
- Warm apple crisp with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce poured on top is how we like our apple crisp served.
*We like our apples tender but with a little bit of firmness. For more tender apples you may want to bake for longer in the oven, cover the top of the crisp with foil to avoid burning.
serving: 1g, calories: 385kcal, carbohydrates: 58g, protein: 3g, fat: 18g, saturated fat: 7g, polyunsaturated fat: 3g, monounsaturated fat: 7g, trans fat: 1g, cholesterol: 27mg, sodium: 99mg, potassium: 243mg, fiber: 5g, sugar: 40g, vitamin a: 387IU, vitamin c: 6mg, calcium: 47mg, iron: 1mg