Peas are one of the most widely and popularly consumed vegetables in Canada, especially during the winter months. Peas are nutrient-packed and full of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients that help protect against illnesses such as asthma, allergies and even some forms of cancer. As a parent-led company we believe choosing the right food for your child is crucial to them growing up healthy.
Baby Food With Peas
Don’t get caught up on what you think pea baby food is going to taste like.
Store-bought brands can be thick and lumpy with a strong acidic taste of overly cooked peas. Don’t even get me started on the smell! 🤢
But this homemade pea puree is exactly the opposite! And trust me; it tastes nothing like you expect.
I’m telling you… this pea baby food is beyond delicious. It’s heavenly!
Smooth and creamy with a mild taste and a hint of minty freshness, it’s also bright and appetizing to look at.
It will actually put a smile on your and your baby’s faces! 😁
REASONS TO LOVE THIS PEA BABY PUREE
- great baby food for 4-6+ months
- starter puree
- 3 simple ingredients
- super smooth and creamy
- delicious green puree
- easy to make — requires less than 10 minutes
- organic – can easily (and cheaply) use organic peas and zucchini
- can use fresh or frozen peas
Make sure to read the recipe card below for the full ingredient list and instructions!
- Peas: They are high in fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, and K, and are a good source of protein. They also help promote healthy digestion and may protect against cancer.
- Zucchini: While this is a 2-vegetable starter puree, zucchini allergies are very low, so I added it to this recipe to give the peas a mild taste and a smoother, creamier texture. You can completely leave it out if you prefer. Just steam the peas as directed below.
- Mint: This is an ideal herb to add to baby food because it helps soothe an upset stomach, improves digestion, can help improve mental awareness and focus, and is rich in nutrients. However, adding mint to this puree is entirely optional.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEAS
- A good source of protein
- Contains a high amount of fiber, which helps with digestion
- Contains an array of micronutrients, such as thiamine, folate, manganese, vitamins K and C
- A good source of antioxidants