Bacon wrapped chicken with brown sugar is one of the most impressive meals you’ll make for yourself. The bacon helps keep the chicken moist, and it has a great flavor. The best way to enjoy bacon is wrapped in chicken and slow cooked in brown sugar right? No? Only when camping? Ok well if you’re ever camping you’ll have to try this out. It’s the perfect fall meal. And you know whats even better, it’s incredibly easy to make.
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon wrapped chicken rolled in brown sugar and baked! I have no words for how delicious and flavorful these little bites of seasoned chicken are! Tender, scrumptious and oh so easy to make! (Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post!)
TGIF! I’m super excited today because I’m headed out to a girls trip in Palm Springs with some of my girlfriends! I get to leave my crazy weekends of baseball and practices behind and enjoy the pool for a few days.
I know, I know. I was just in Palm Springs. Let’s just say that vacation was hardly classified as a vacation. I chased after my kids and had to swim with them the whole time in order to watch them closely in the water. It was pretty exhausting. I’m looking forward to spending some time chatting with the girls and enjoying the sun.
Another reason I’m excited, is because I get to talk to you about something amazing that Truvia has been a part of. Truvia’s Sharing a Sweet Future charitable initiative has partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to combat childhood hunger in Bolivia.
With nearly 40 percent of the Bolivian population unable to afford adequate food for a healthy life and 65 percent of all rural households unable to afford the minimum recommended caloric intake, the Truvia® brand launched its “Sharing a Sweet Future” initiative to help improve these communities.
As a result of this partnership, nearly $1 million in contributions from the Truvia® brand have been used to help reduce childhood hunger in Bolivia, a region of critical need with one of the highest rates of nutritional deficiencies in South America.
With its “Sharing a Sweet Future” program, the Truvia® brand set a goal to help establish self-sufficient communities, by equipping Bolivians with better means to achieve nutrition. They have graciously provided vegetable oil fortified with the highest level of Vitamin A nutrients and micronutrient powders in school meal baskets, to help children combat nutritional deficiencies. They’ve also purchased and installed energy-efficient, cleaner-burning cookstoves for Bolivian schools to use for safely cooking nutritious meals
Through its 3-year partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme, the Truvia® brand has:
- Improved school meals for over 67,000 Bolivian schoolchildren
- Installed 258 energy efficient stoves
- Supplied 130 metric tons of fortified vegetable oil to cook 2 school meals per day.
I don’t know about you, but this sounds pretty amazing to me. I’m really happy to be working with such a wonderful brand. I truly love Truvia and all of its products and I love this “Sharing a Sweet Future” program.
Speaking of Truvia, I’m pretty proud of the fact that I’ve started to branch out more and use the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend in more savory dishes, like this bacon wrapped chicken!
My boys gobbled these up. Seriously, I had to make two batches because they loved them so much. It’s no surprise though, because they’re absolutely delicious! It’s an easy recipe with just a few ingredients. Be ready to get your hands messy!
First you mix the spices up. Then you roll your bacon wrapped chicken pieces in it. Next, secure a piece of bacon around the chicken using a toothpick. Now you roll that bacon wrapped goodness in the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend until well covered. Place on a baking pan (I used a broiling pan so the fat would drip to the bottom of the dish and the bacon would get crispy). Bake and enjoy!
These really are so tender and delicious. You can’t go wrong with bacon, am I right? If you’re looking for an easy dinner, this brown sugar bacon wrapped chicken is for you! And the fact that you’re using Truvia Brown Sugar Blend instead of regular brown sugar, means you’re saving calories too!
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken, The Best Chicken You’ll Ever Eat With Only 4 Ingredients. Sticky, Crispy, Sweet And Garlicky, The PERFECT Weeknight Meal.
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is a recipe we’ve actually been making at home for years but I never thought to post because it is so closely related to this Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin and Brown Sugar Garlic Pork.
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
If I had to guess, I’d say about 10% of the comments and emails I get from readers are in reference to those two posts above and they’re asking if they can use chicken. YES YES YES. I recently posted Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken and wanted to post this oven baked version as well (with chicken breast meat!).
This Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is as simple as it sounds. Yes salt and pepper add flavor too (so technically 6 ingredients?) but even without those two, you’ll still have so much flavor it will leave you literally wanting to lick the plate.
Some notes about this Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken:
- Use a baking pan with at LEAST one inch high sides (my pan is almost 2 inch tall sides). You can see in the pan the sauce gets up pretty high while bubbling, you don’t want it to boil over into the oven.
- If concerned about this, place a baking sheet under your baking pan to catch overflow (better on the sheet than in the oven).
- Check the chicken at 25 minutes, you want to catch this when it is browned but not blackened and with sugar that can sometimes turn quickly.
- Yes, you can absolutely make this meal in the slow cooker (this is coming soon too). Using thigh meat place it in the slow cooker with no added liquids.
- Want it a bit spicier? Add in ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper or a squirt of Sriracha.
- If you want an even deeper caramel flavor, try dark brown sugar.
- Serve with rice or potato wedges and roasted vegetables.
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken, the best chicken you’ll ever eat with only 4 ingredients. Sticky, crispy, sweet and garlicky, the PERFECT weeknight meal.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- ▢2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- ▢3 tablespoons garlic minced
- ▢3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ▢1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ▢6 chicken breasts boneless and skinless (4-5 ounces each)
- ▢12 slices bacon
- In a large bowl add the brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Coat the chicken in the brown sugar mixture.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with two slices of bacon (aim for the end of the bacon pieces to stay under the chicken to prevent unwrapping while cooking).
- Place into your baking pan (with at least 2 inch high sides).
- Top with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Cook at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and browned.
- Careful to not let the brown sugar burn and blacken.
I made 3 in my pan, the recipe calls for 6. This is because I would’ve eaten the other three the next day for breakfast if it were in my fridge! For our family 3 is enough for dinner, but I didn’t want the recipe to be confusing. 🙂
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 971mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts Recipe
Bacon wrapped chicken recipe is a delicious combination of brown sugar and bacon for a dinner no one can resist. The entire dish is so simple and it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe:
Our family goes crazy over this bacon wrapped chicken dinner recipe. The chicken is seasoned with brown sugar and spices then wrapped in bacon. My family loves bacon, so I knew this recipe would be a family favorite.
The recipe look so fancy but it takes just minutes to prepare. No one will believe how little time you spent making this.
We eat chicken a lot at our house. So I am always trying to ways to jazz chicken up. This is the perfect recipe to do so. Sometimes we will add a little smoked paprika to the chicken.
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Give it a try for a delicious meal idea. It is perfect for company and sure to be a hit but simple enough for busy school nights. My family loves anything that I cook with bacon.
Easy Chicken Recipe:
I love recipes that are simple and easy but taste so amazing. Meal ideas that can go from prep to oven to table in minutes are definitely some of our favorites. Easy recipes also help us from being tempted to get take out and we get to enjoy much better food at home.
That is why we love this easy chicken recipe. The combination of brown sugar and bacon is so delicious. Everyone will be so impressed with this recipe. We won’t tell how easy the recipe is.
We love that this recipe is high in protein. When I am wanting to eat low carb, I make this as I know my entire family will enjoy it. I also love that it is a naturally gluten-free meal.
Other ways to make this Chicken Recipe:
If you prefer, you can make this chicken recipe on the grill or in your air fryer. We love using our air fryer. My kids can even make this recipe using the air fryer.
- Air Fryer – If you decide to use your air fryer instead of baking it, then you would follow the same process of wrapping your chicken with bacon and seasoning your chicken. Pre-heat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Air fry your chicken for 10-15 minutes. Use your meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- Grilling your chicken – We love this recipe on the grill. Follow the recipes as it indicates. Grill your chicken for about 20minutes, flipping each side. Make sure to use your meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is done.
Ingredients for Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Onion Powder
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
How do you make Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a baking dish or baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 3-4 slices of bacon. Tuck the cut bacon under the chicken as shown. Place into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, soy sauce, onion powder, cinnamon, olive oil and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour over chicken in pan and spread on top of bacon with a brush.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on thickness of your chicken.
Should you wrap chicken in foil when baking?
When we are cooking chicken, we always cook our chicken uncover. We like the skin of the chicken to get crispy and it also turns a golden brown.
If you find that your chicken is getting to burnt looking but still is not finished cooking, you can lay a piece of foil over the top while it finishes cooking.
How long does it take to cook Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
When preparing your chicken, you want to make sure that the chicken breast are even in size. This ensure that all the chicken is fully cooked at the same time. I cook the chicken for about 30 minutes. It will depend on how thick cut your chicken is.
I like to turn the oven on broil the last few minutes to get the bacon crispy, but this up to your family’s preference.
How to know when Chicken is done:
To make sure that your chicken is done, it is best to use a digital meat thermometer. I make sure that the meat instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees before removing from the oven.
I prefer this method over slicing the chicken. I like to let the chicken rest before serving as this locks in all the juicy flavors.
Tips for the best Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Wrapping Chicken – The key to getting that juicy chicken is wrapping it in bacon. It locks in the juices and flavoring for that yummy brown sugar flavor that taste so good.
- Marinate the Chicken – You can add your seasoning and chicken to a ziplock bag in the morning and bake the chicken when you get home.
- Brining the chicken – Brining the chicken helps also to lock in the chicken. If baked to long, chicken can turn very dry. Make sure to use your meat thermometer to check your chicken.
What to serve with Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- Serve with Quick & Easy Baked Beans and Sweet Honey Corn Bread. Yum!
- It is also delicious with mashed potatoes and microwaved steamed broccoli.
- Rice is another easy and tasty side dish. The brown sugar sauce tastes amazing over the rice.
- It is so easy and helpful for busy weeknights. You can also use brown rice. Learn how to cook brown rice in the microwave for a quick side.
- Other delicious side ideas include salad and Roasted Green Beans.
Try this brown sugar bacon wrapped chicken!
The brown sugar is so rich and decadent and the bacon adds a kick of flavor. The combination is amazing and turns baked chicken breasts into the best meal.