For those looking for deliciousness, I’ve got you covered. Check out this Bacon Wrapped Chicken With Cheese. The cheese-parmesan mixture surrounding the chicken will make your taste buds dance on the good foot with joy. Best part? You can eat this with no regrets and feel great knowing that you’re eating good!
BACON WRAPPED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
This recipe for bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast with roasted potatoes is a quick and easy one pan meal that’s sure to please any crowd! The chicken is stuffed with an incredible combination of three cheeses, garlic and herbs.
Love bacon? I do too. I often make bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon deviled eggs and this amazing stuffed chicken dish.
As you already know, I’m a big fan of one pot and one pan meals. While those type of meals are awesome in almost every way, it can sometimes be difficult to create one pot meals with boneless chicken breasts because the meat can get dry while you’re waiting for the other components of the meal to cook. This bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast is the solution to the dry meat issue. The creamy three cheese filling provides plenty of flavor and moisture on the inside of the chicken and the bacon on the outside keeps the chicken from drying out. Everyone in my family cleaned their plates when I served this meal!
HOW DO YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST?
Have you ever stuffed a chicken breast before? It’s actually quite easy. The first step is to cut a slit along the side of the chicken breast with a small, sharp knife to create a pocket to hold the stuffing. You can either use a spoon to fill the chicken or put the filling into a large plastic bag and snip the tip to create a makeshift pastry bag to squeeze the filling into the chicken. After your chicken is stuffed, tightly wrap it in bacon so that minimal stuffing will leak out during the baking process. Place the chicken breasts on a pan along with some potatoes, then bake the until the chicken is cooked through, bacon is crispy and potatoes are tender. Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
TIPS FOR STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- A little bit of the stuffing may leak out during the cooking process – that’s normal and will just add more flavor to those potatoes that are already roasting away in the bacon drippings!
- The filling for the chicken can be made up to 3 days in advance. You can also stuff the chicken and wrap it in bacon, then put it in a covered container for up to 8 hours before you plan to cook it.
- Do not use thick cut bacon for this recipe, as it will take longer to get crispy in the oven.
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST VARIATIONS
There are so many different ways to customize this recipe to your personal tastes!
- Stuffing: Try adding other flavors to the stuffing such as chopped spinach, sun dried tomatoes or diced artichokes.
- Vegetables: In addition to the potatoes, add other veggies such as carrots, broccoli or cauliflower.
- Potatoes: Swap out the red potatoes for sweet potatoes or even cubed butternut squash.
My picky eaters keep requesting this bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breast, that’s how you know it’s a good one! I love that everything cooks together on one pan for less dishes, and who could ever say no to all that bacon and cheese?!
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken is super easy to make for everyday family dinners yet fancy enough for company. Filled with melty cheese and a smoky flavor, it’s juicy, tasty, and sure to be a family favorite.
Chicken breast, being a very lean cut of meat, is prone to drying out quickly during cooking, especially when prepared without any kind of sauce.
Wrapping it in bacon deliciously solves the problem as the chicken absorbs the glorious fat rendered by the bacon while they both roast in the oven. And stuffing it to the brim with cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture is just plain heaven.
This baked bacon-wrapped chicken breast is easy to make for an everyday family meal yet fancy enough for company. It requires simple ingredients you probably already have on hand and is ready for the oven with minimal prep.
- Chicken– use boneless, skinless breasts
- Bacon– use thin-cut so they cook and crisp up congruently with the chicken
- Cheddar and Cream cheese– you can substitute favorite soft cheeses like feta, provolone, or Swiss.
- Herbs and seasonings– the recipe calls for paprika and fresh parsley. Feel free to experiment with your choice spices such as garlic powder and Italian seasonings.
- Freeze the cheese. Form the cheese mixture into small logs and then pop them in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before stuffing into the chicken. This way, it melts congruently with the roasting chicken and bacon so you get creamy pockets of cheesy filling instead of a gooey mess that oozed out on the pan.
- Broil. Crank up the oven to broil during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking time to crisp up the bacon a little.
- Pre-cook bacon. If you want a super crispy bacon, you can pre-cook the rashers just until limp.
How to make ahead
This cheesy baked chicken breast is not only delicious, but it’s also a great addition to your meal planning. It freezes well for future use so double the recipe and enjoy stress-free weeknight dinners!
- Prepare chicken according to the recipe an arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Freeze until firm and transfer to a resealable bag or airtight container when frozen. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- Thaw overnight and bake in a 400 F oven to until thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F. For frozen, bake in
Cheddar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
You can’t go wrong with this recipe for Cheddar Bacon Wrapped Chicken. It’s a super simple, tasty dinner idea with only three ingredients!
A while ago I was looking for a recipe I thought that I had posted a few years back for Cheddar Bacon Wrapped Chicken and couldn’t find it anywhere! Then I remembered I had this idea to share a monthly recipe in my newsletter that was for that audience only.
Great idea, but it really wasn’t very convenient since I couldn’t find recipes easily. And of course those of you who don’t subscribe to my newsletter (which I send out once a week ) never saw them at all.
It was a real shame too because I had some pretty tasty recipes in those newsletters. So I decided to pull them all out of “hiding” and will be posting those recipes here on the blog so they can be easily found once again. To start with, I took one of our favorites…Cheddar Bacon Wrapped Chicken.
For years, I rarely ate bacon because I used to get really bad migraines from the nitrates commonly found in cured pork products. Honestly, I think I just poisoned my system when I was in college and used to eat platefuls of bacon topped with maple syrup. Live and learn I guess.
Anyway, now that you can purchase uncured bacon, I no longer seem to get the debilitating migraines I used to. I also usually only allow myself to eat bacon no more than once a week; which I’m sure helps too.
One night I was in a hurry to make dinner and had taken out some boneless chicken breasts. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to make with them and starting rifling through my refrigerator for ideas.
Shredded cheddar cheese and bacon popped out at me at once and to make a dinner using only three ingredients was definitely a bonus in my book!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHEDDAR BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN?
Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees; then cut the chicken in half horizontally and flatten with a meat tenderizer until the pieces are uniform in size.