Baked Chicken With Avocado Recipes is something I like to prepare for my family at least twice a month. This meal is bursting with sweet savory flavors of coconut milk and lime zest. It will bring the best out of your company!
The flavors of chicken and avocado make this an easy to prepare and tasteful dish. It’s great for a weekend lunch with your friends or family served on bread, tortillas or fresh lettuce leaves.
Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls
Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls: Juicy, tender, and oh so delicious baked chicken with fresh, buttery, delicious avocados, and perfectly seasoned and roasted peppers all over rice for a quick, nutritious, and easy meal that will have your taste buds rejoicing. 30 minutes is all you need!
Take a look at this gorgeous bowl and these gorgeous veggies. Add in luscious avocado and you have a killer meal that has a healthy fat, a great source of lean protein, and so much more. Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls is one of those meals that is quick, easy, and that you can feel good about. And because it has so much flavor, the whole family is going to love it!
Ok you guys, let me tell you a story…Once upon a time there was this mother who had so much to get done, all the time. She cooked and she cleaned, she worked and she ran errands, she took care of the kids and she took care of everything else. She didn’t do it alone, but there was always more to get done.
Often times, by the end of the day, this mother would rather let the local drive-through take care of dinner, rather than cook dinner between playing taxi driver to her kids and taking care of life’s all-around business.
In fact, it was happening so often that the mother knew every person in the family’s exact order at 6 different fast food restaurants, down to the sauces each person would want.
It’s not that said mother couldn’t cook, it’s just that she was too busy, or too tired, or too “done” by the end of each day to cook a full blown meal that would take an hour plus of her time and create a million dishes she’d have to add to the to-do list later. It just wasn’t going to happen.
Sound familiar? Well let’s just say the title of this story is “So much to do, so little time.”
Are you that Mother? I have often found myself guilty of being this exact person. Maybe “guilt” is the wrong word? However, whatever the politically correct word is; I have often found myself as the star of this story. Stretched thin, and hitting up the drive through just to get food in my kid’s bellies. I love cooking! I have a food blog! That speaks in and for itself. However, sometimes I just do’t have the time at the end of the day to cook a family meal and clean up after it too.
Enter, Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls made with sheet-pan pepper and lime chicken. I love sheet-pan meals because there are minimal dishes, fast, and delicious. In under 30 minutes I can have a nutritious and delicious dinner on the table. And that is faster than heading out for take-away.
The creamy fresh avocado added to the spicy roasted peppers and chicken is the perfect combination!
You may have noticed I have this ongoing love for California avocados. I grew up in California, my best friends had avocado groves. There is NO avocado out there like a California avocado. They are rich, buttery, perfect, goodness that is amazing on everything. And in everything. Even cake. (Check it out!!!) So obviously if I want the perfect meal, avocado will be involved in some way.
Making the Sheet-pan Chicken:
In my previous sheet-pan chicken posts, I have cooked everything in the oven all at once. However, I have found a couple tricks that I feel speed the process up by half, and deepen the flavors significantly. One is putting a little sear on the chicken before putting it on the pan.
It’s still easy to make, minimal mess, and only takes a couple (well 10, but some of them totally don’t count) quick steps:
- Combine all peppers and onions in a bag and shake them with the oil and lime juice to coat everything well. I found these reusable foodstorage bagsBuy Now!that are safe to use in the fridge, microwave, and the dishwasher. They would be perfect for shaking the peppers and onions in.
- Next bake the vegetables.
- Start your rice on the cooktop.
- When the vegetables have been in the oven for about a dozen minutes, on high heat brown the sides of the chicken in a frying pan.
- Then add the chicken to the vegetables and season everything.
- Now finish roasting it all together.
- Slice your California avocados into thin or thick slices according to your preference.
- Everything should finish cooking all at the same time.
- Finally, serve.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for an awesome home cooked meal that only used 3 dishes and was done in less than 25 minutes!
CHEESY CHICKEN BAKED AVOCADOS
prep time: 15 MINS
cook time: 15 MINS
total time: 30 MINS
These baked avocados are stuffed with a cheesy chicken mixture and drizzled with sriracha yogurt sauce! Super delicious and an easy weeknight meal.
- 5 avocados
- 1 ½ cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup freshly grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
SRIRACHA YOGURT DRIZZLE
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Cut 1 avocado open and scoop all the flesh out. Place it in a large bowl. I like to scoop out just a tiny bit of the remaining 4 avocados to create more of a “bowl” and have more room for the chicken, but it’s not necessary. If you scoop a bit out, add it to the bowl.
- To that same bowl, add the chicken, 1/3 cup cheese, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well until combined, making sure to mash the avocado into the mixture to act as a binder and hold the chicken together.
- Take an ice cream scoop or spoon and place about ¼ cup (or however much you want!) of the chicken mixture into the cut avocados. Sprinkling the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese over top of the avocados.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is warmed through and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle the avocados with the sriracha drizzle. The avocados will get a little dark in color from the baking.
- Sprinkle with extra cilantro and greek onions if you wish. Serve immediately!
SRIRACHA YOGURT DRIZZLE
- Whisk together the yogurt, sriracha and lime juice until combined. You can make this a few hours ahead of time and store it in the fridge!
Baked Avocado Chicken and Vegetables
Avocado is a tasty touch in this simple stuffed chicken dish with veggies.
Prep Time (mins)45
- 1 tbsp Avocado
- 1 tbsp Low-fat cream cheese
- 3 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast – slice to make a pocket
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Cooking spray – olive oil
- 1 cup Zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Onions – chopped
- 3/4 cup Green beans
- 1/4 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes – with juice
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil – drizzle
- Mash the avocado and mix it with the cream cheese.
- Slice the chicken to make a pocket.
- Put the cream cheese/avocado mixture into this pocket and seal with a toothpick.
- Put chicken in a baking tray and spray with olive-oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350º F.
- Spray a skillet with olive- oil spray.
- Sauté vegetables in 2 tablespoons of vegetable stock (more if needed) until crisp tender.
- Add diced tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve the vegetables in a bowl drizzled with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the chicken on a separate dish and enjoy your dinner.