Baked chicken with broccoli and rice is a healthy, delicious one pan dish. This stir-fry is made up of juicy chicken pieces marinated in soy sauce, ginger and garlic, a simple sauce of oyster sauce, honey and ketchup for some sweetness and broccoli florets that can be cooked to your liking (crisp or tender soft). It’s a very easy chicken meal – the chicken pieces are baked while the rice is made separately with some minced garlic to give it an extra flavor.
Baked Chicken, Broccoli & Rice
- prep time:10min
- total time:55min
- calories:3071 serving
This dump-and-done Baked Chicken, Broccoli & Rice is a whole meal in one dish- chicken, rice and veggies, baked in a creamy sauce for super easy comfort food. Just 2 steps- assemble and bake. The cream of broccoli soup is what brings it all together, and what’s also great is that this Baked Chicken, Broccoli and Rice recipe will work with other flavors of condensed cream soup and other vegetables, too! It’s foolproof!
cost per recipe: $7.79
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen broccoli florets (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 small or 2 large cut in half lengthwise for thinner pieces)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you’re using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
- Step 1Heat the oven to 375°F. While the oven is heating, stir the soup, water, rice and broccoli in an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the rice mixture. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika. Cover the baking dish.
- Step 2Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done and the rice is tender. Season to taste before serving.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake
This Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake requires very little prep and is mixed and baked all in one dish. This easy casserole is an excellent choice for a busy day.
Classic recipes like this easy Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake have stood the test of time for good reason. This family-friendly chicken dinner requires just 10 minutes of prep, is prepared and baked all in one dish with no mixing bowls to clean, and is reliably tasty.
Just slice some French bread and you’ll have a hearty, complete meal with minimal cleanup. When you are short on time and energy, this recipe is just the ticket!
- Cream of Chicken Soup – The one, the only!
- Chicken Broth – Be sure it’s low sodium.
- Rice – Long grain white rice, like Jasmine rice.
- Broccoli – Fresh broccoli is best.
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Seasoning – A combination of all-purpose seasoning like Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, garlic powder, paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Green onions
- Cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar.
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake
- Add the soup and chicken broth to a 13- x 9-inch dish and whisk until smooth. Scatter the rice evenly over the top and then the broccoli. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture (don’t stir).
- Sprinkle the casserole with the seasoned salt, garlic powder, paprika, and freshly ground black pepper (be sure the pieces of chicken get seasoned).
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
- Remove the foil and stir.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top and then top with the shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serve this Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake with some warm, sliced French bread for a stress-free meal.
DUMP-AND-BAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
With just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep, this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is an easy dinner that cooks in one dish! There’s no need to pre-cook the rice, pre-cook the chicken, or pre-cook the veggies, making the cozy, family-friendly meal a simple option for busy nights!
You know what’s even better than creating my own new dump-and-bake dinner recipes? Having awesome readers send me their favorite dump-and-bake dinner recipes!
I initially met Rachel when she participated in my free 5-Day Meal Planning Challenge (you can still join the free challenge HERE if you’re interested). Rachel was very active in the Facebook group, where she was kind enough to share a number of different meal ideas.
This Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is one of Rachel’s favorite easy dinner options, and after one look at the short ingredient list I knew that it would be a winner in my house as well!
Not only does it taste delicious, but Rachel’s Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole could not be easier!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
You start by whisking together a can of Cream of Chicken Soup with some water in your dish.
Add the raw chicken, frozen broccoli florets (yes, still frozen!), and uncooked rice. I used baby broccoli florets because they’re the perfect size for my kids to eat without even cutting them!
Season it all with salt and pepper, give it a stir, and cover the dish tightly with foil. That’s it!
The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top, the end result is a one-pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole that looks (and tastes) like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove!
The meat is juicy, the broccoli is tender, and the dish is like a giant, comforting hug on a cool evening. Best of all, you only have to spend about 5 minutes dumping the ingredients into your pan. That’s a major WIN!
DUMP-AND-BAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
A delicious, easy, healthy and comforting casserole made with chicken, broccoli and rice.
Keyword chicken broccoli casserole, chicken broccoli rice
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast or tenders diced
- 1 (12.6 oz) bag frozen baby broccoli florets (or cuts)
- Optional topping: ½ cup grated cheddar cheese*
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add cream of chicken soup and water to the prepared dish. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Stir in uncooked rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccoli. Season with about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir again.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until the liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through. If desired, sprinkle the top of the casserole with grated cheese and return to the oven for a few more minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square pan!
*Rachel’s original recipe did not include the cheese. I just think it’s a nice addition on the top, so add as much (or as little) cheese as you like — it’s certainly not necessary!
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 6.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 995mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 2.7g