Baked Chicken With Pasta Sauce is simple, quick, and delicious recipe that you can make in no time. The best creamy chicken pasta bake recipe is made with just a few ingredients and really adds a lot of flavor to the chicken. You can use any kind of pasta that you like, but I recommend using something like penne or shells so that they will hold up well in the sauce. This dish is great served with a side of green beans or broccoli.
This recipe is a great way to get a delicious, healthy and filling meal on the table.The chicken is moist and tender, and the pasta sauce is flavorful. You can serve this dish with a side of salad or steamed vegetables for a complete meal. so you’ll be able to enjoy your family time and not stress about getting everything done at once.
This easy recipe for baked parmesan pasta recipe is a delicious way to prepare baked chicken and pasta in the same dish, and it’s the perfect way to use up leftover chicken. The sauce is hearty and rich, but not overly heavy. The pasta absorbs all of the flavors from the sauce, and the chicken stays juicy.
Baked Chicken With Pasta Sauce
This baked chicken with pasta sauce is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. It has all the flavors of your favorite Italian dish, but it’s so much easier to make. Plus, it comes together in just one pot! This recipe for baked chicken with pasta sauce is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. It’s easy, it’s healthy, and it tastes great!
- Level: Easy
- Total: 55 min
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Yield: 4 servings
1 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup cubed chicken breast (1-inch cubes)
1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon butter, plus more for buttering the baking dishAdd to Shopping List
- Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over high heat, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Stirring occasionally, add the pasta and cook for for 5 minutes, or until just al dente. Pasta is drained into a big mixing bowl.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes after adding it. Cook the chicken for an additional 5 minutes after adding the onions and garlic, stirring to mix the ingredients. Place the cooked pasta and the chicken mixture in a bowl. Add the parsley, mozzarella cheese, canned tomatoes, salt, and pepper. To blend, stir. Put the mixture in an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish that has been greased. Combine the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a small bowl. On top of the pasta mixture, sprinkle. Small pieces of butter should be placed on top. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Best Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
The best creamy chicken pasta bake recipe is a delicious way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken and create a filling meal your whole family will love.The crust on this chicken pasta bake is made with crescent rolls, which are baked until golden brown and crisp. Then, they’re topped with a creamy sauce made from tomato sauce and sour cream. The sauce is mixed with shredded cheese and cooked until bubbly.
The best kind of comfort meal is this baked pasta. penne pasta, diced tomatoes, and bits of chicken, all covered in a rich cheese sauce. Make this in advance and bake it before dinner.
Your family will enjoy this wonderful casserole and be satisfied.
I’ve revised the recipe! The quantities have not changed, but the recipe now yields one 7×11″ casserole dish as opposed to the prior two.
Simply choose the 2X button in the recipe below if you want to prepare two for a large gathering or so you can freeze one for later. For you, the ratios will adjust automatically!
Creamy Pasta Recipes With Chicken
Making sure your sauce is thick enough so that it won’t run off your fork when you dip it into your bowl of creamy pasta dishes with chicken is all there is to this really simple recipe. This dish can also be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator until another mealtime.
This chicken pasta bake is fantastic—I adore baked pasta dishes!
Spaghetti is a comfort food, and this chicken and cream sauce pasta recipe is no exception. It’s perfect delight, with bits of chicken and all that cheesy bliss. My family enjoys this dish very much.
I enjoy offering hearty, flavorful meals that are simple to make. If you have any leftovers, they taste just as good the next day when warmed!
The best part is that this spaghetti dish may be put together in advance and baked when it’s time for dinner.
- Pasta – penne pasta or other hearty pasta
- Chicken – cooked and dice. This is a great dish to use leftover chicken!
- Cheese – Monterey Jack and parmesan cheese
- Diced Tomatoes – use canned peeled tomatoes that are drained from the juices. I use my homemade canned tomatoes!
- Milk – whole milk makes the creamiest sauce
Step by step directions
- Over medium heat, add flour, garlic, and olive oil to a saute pan. For a few minutes, stir.
- Add seasonings and stir in milk gradually.
- Allow milk to simmer, but do not let it boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and keep cooking until sauce thickens.
- After removing from heat, mix in the cheese and thoroughly toss it until it melts.
- tomato and chicken additions
- Put the cooked, drained pasta in.
- Place in a greased 7×11-inch casserole dish.
- Add the remaining parmesan cheese on the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees until brown and bubbling.
- After 5 to 10 minutes of rest, serve hot.
- With fresh parsley as a garnish
- While your pasta is cooking, prepare your sauce.
- Make sure to completely drain your pasta.
- Use whole or diced tomatoes from a can. If necessary, fully drain and chop.
- After adding the cheese, turn off the heat. This will lessen the likelihood of your sauce splitting.
- Pasta – any hearty pasta; ziti, fettucini, or thick spaghetti
- Cheese – pepper jack, colby, or gouda. Smoked gouda would also be delicious
- Meat – leftover turkey or cooked Italian sausage
- Veggies – add 1 cup of cooked broccoli, peas, mushrooms or asparagus
- Caesar salad
- Garlic Breadsticks
- Cheesy Pesto Bread
Baked Parmesan Pasta Recipe
One of the best ways to cook pasta in your kitchen is with this baked parmesan spaghetti recipe. The dish just takes a few minutes to prepare and is very simple to follow. The finished dish will be wonderful and leave your family begging for more.
Everyone seems to enjoy this recipe because it is so simple. Everything can be made from scratch or with shortcuts so that it can be put together quickly. This sauce tastes too fantastic to be this simple since baking gives it a depth of flavor. Though it is!
Here are some quick fixes that enable you to put this wonderful sauce together in just a few minutes.
- Use rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, or leftover turkey (a wonderful way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving!)
- Make use of a quality marinara sauce.
- Use cheeses that have already been shredded. Since freshly grated mozzarella melts better than pre-shredded, I usually do this. However, pre-shredded cheeses are the best option if you’re in a rush.
Step 1. Assemble the ingredients.
- Marinara sauce (or any red Italian pasta sauce)
- olive oil
- cooked chopped or shredded chicken or turkey
- mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Grate the two cheeses, if you didn’t purchase them already shredded. For Parmesan cheese, use the fine shred side of a grater, and for Mozzarella cheese, use the large shred side.
- Add a little olive oil to the mushrooms and sauté them.
4th step: assemble.
Cooking spray should be used to coat a 9×13 baking dish before adding the following ingredients in that order: marinara sauce, chicken, and mushrooms. The top should be uniformly sprinkled with Parmesan cheese before being covered with a final layer of mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until everything is bubbling and the cheese is just beginning to brown.
Take a bite of this cheesy, gooey sauce right away. It tastes amazing with a thick coating of melted cheese on top of the savory sauce. You may put it over any type of spaghetti you like. If you like, add some fresh basil. This goes well with my Garlic Bread and Regular Italian Salad. And that’s a lunch, too!
Serve the sauce over a bed of steamed vegetables for a lower carb/calorie option. Here, I combined it with asparagus. Yummy!
Variations to try:
- Add 1-2 cups of partially cooked broccoli together with the chicken, mushrooms, and sauce before baking.
- Replace the chicken with turkey, little meatballs, or sliced Italian sausage.
- Replace the chicken in the recipe with all veggies for a vegetarian option. Try kale, broccoli, spinach, eggplant, and mushrooms.
NOTE: More sauce may needed to be added as more ingredients are added.
Benefits Of Baked Chicken With Pasta Sauce
Benefits of baked chicken with pasta sauce is a healthy, easy and delicious meal. It can be made in less than 30 minutes using simple ingredients that are very affordable. The sauce is made using tomatoes and mushrooms which are both rich in antioxidants and vitamins. The dish contains lean protein from the chicken breast and carbohydrates from the pasta noodles which makes it an ideal meal for people who are on a diet or just want to eat healthy.
Chicken makes a fantastic substitute for red meats. A great source of protein, the meat has been linked to a variety of health benefits:
- Stronger Bones and Muscles
The chicken’s lean protein is a fantastic source of amino acids. Amino acids are used by our bodies to create muscular tissue, which is especially crucial as we age. Increased protein consumption has been linked to maintaining bone mineral density, according to studies. Consuming chicken can lower your chances of injuries and diseases like osteoporosis by promoting healthier bones and stronger muscles.
2. Weight Management and Heart Health
According to research, adding 25 to 30 grams of protein to each meal may make us feel more satisfied. Meals high in protein can help us feel satisfied even when we eat less, which supports healthier weight management. An increase in a healthy weight improves heart disease risk factors like high blood pressure and lipid levels. Chicken, a protein-rich food, can assist with weight management and lower the risk of heart disease.
3. Better Mood
Tryptophan, an amino acid found in chicken, has been associated with greater brain levels of serotonin (the “feel good” hormone). Although chicken doesn’t contain enough tryptophan to instantaneously make you feel happy, studies show that when combined with other factors, it may assist to increase serotonin levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is chicken pasta bake healthy?
This dish will never be the most nutrient-dense in the world since it is cheese pasta. But we’ve kept the serving size reasonable, used less cheese, and added some vegetables to give it a little extra flavor. You may easily omit the cheese and increase the number of vegetables.
2. How to store chicken pasta bake?
If you have leftovers of this, then you can store it in an air tight container for up to 2 days in the fridge.
3. Can pasta bake be frozen?
Yes, it can and this is a really good batch cook meal to save you time in the week. Just let it cool fully and then portion it out in to containers and freeze.
It will keep in the freezer for around 3 months, or you can keep leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
4. How to reheat chicken pasta bake?
Defrost thoroughly and reheat in a frying pan. Add a tablespoon of water before reheating just so it doesn’t dry out.
5. Can you make chicken pasta bake in advance?
Yes, you can prepare this beforehand. Pasta and chicken can be cooked together, and once everything is combined and cooled, it can be stored in the refrigerator until later that day, when you’re ready to bake it. If it was stored in the refrigerator, you might need to extend the cooking time in the oven by 15 minutes.