Baked Chicken With Salsa is a dish that I have liked ever since I was a child It’s more delicious than it sounds. The main ingredients in the recipe are salsa, chicken pieces and mayonnaise. Sometimes you can add tomatoes to the salsa and make a great pasta marinara. When most people hear the word salsa they probably think of hot spicy salsa. But you can create any kind of salsa depending on what your favorite flavors are…
BAKED SALSA CHICKEN
So incredibly simple, easy and delicious… this Baked Salsa Chicken is always a weeknight favorite. Serve with black beans and Spanish rice and dinner is DONE!
BAKED SALSA CHICKEN
This recipe couldn’t be easier… your favorite prepared salsa and a few other ingredients are all you’re going to need. There’s very little prep work involved so it’s perfect for those back-to-school busy weeknights!
I love recipes that come together with minimal effort and taste like you spent an eternity preparing them… this is one of those recipes!
I shared this dish with my neighbor and she texted me telling me how much she and her boyfriend enjoyed it. LOVE! That’s one thing I’ve always enjoyed is sharing food with friends and family. Speaking of sharing food, I’m getting ready to host the biggest celebration of my life in a couple of weeks feeding 50+ people and couldn’t be more excited (wish me luck!). We’re celebrating the life of our dear friend who passed suddenly, my new house and my friend’s recovery after open heart surgery.
baked salsa chicken
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1–1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1–1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub chicken breasts with taco seasoning on both sides and place in dish. Cover with salsa.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro.
This salsa chicken recipe is very easy and quick! Someone gave me this recipe a few years back, and it has become a household favorite. Depending on your taste, you can use mild, medium, or hot salsa. I usually serve it with Spanish rice and Mexican-style canned corn.
Simple, savory baked chicken flavored with taco seasoning and salsa.
Read the full recipe after the video.
Original recipe yields 4 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (Optional)
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Step 2Place chicken breasts in the prepared dish. Sprinkle seasoning mix on both sides of chicken breasts; pour salsa on top.
- Step 3Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is tender and juicy and the juices run clear, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Step 4Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes more. Top with sour cream and serve.
Easy Baked Salsa Chicken
Perfectly tender and juicy Salsa Chicken baked on a bed of fresh tomato salsa and topped with melted cheese. A low carb, Keto-friendly, scrumptious, and cheesy chicken dinner LOADED with flavor.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts stay juicy baked in this beautiful Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa, getting all the flavors from tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and garlic.
Incredibly simple and SO easy to make, this Baked Salsa Chicken is always the perfect recipe for when you’re short on time, but still want a delicious, homemade dinner.
EASY BAKED SALSA CHICKENPlay Video
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SALSA CHICKEN
This easy recipe needs just a few ingredients and it’s a snap to prepare.
If time allows, start with making your own Salsa. BUT, if you want to use store-bought, that’s cool, too. Just choose your favorite chunky salsa.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Warm some olive oil in a skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with a mixture of seasonings, herbs, salt, and pepper; transfer chicken to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until just browned. For the seasonings; you can also use store-bought or homemade taco seasoning mix.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with salsa. Arrange chicken on top and add more salsa over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Add shredded cheese on top and bake for 4 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SALSA CHICKEN
I like to serve it with just a big leafy green salad for when we’re counting carbs, but if not, Fiesta Rice is the way to go. It’s SO GOOD! Just as well, I can’t forget this Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice – it always hits the spot.
Also, you can shred the cooked chicken breasts, mix everything together, and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Shredded chicken is great for using in tacos, burritos, and on top of salads.
Baked Salsa Chicken
9 9 9
WW Freestyle: 4
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Resting Time5 mins
Total Time45 mins
Perfectly tender and juicy Salsa Chicken baked on a bed of fresh tomato salsa and topped with melted cheese.
Cuisine: American, American/Southwest, Mexican
Servings: 4 serves
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- ▢1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢1/2 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- ▢1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ▢1-1/2 cups Chunky Salsa <– click for Homemade Salsa Recipe (you can also use store-bought Chunky Salsa)
- ▢1 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (I use a mix of white and yellow cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness and season with cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side, or until just browned.
- Spread about 1/2 cup salsa on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange browned chicken breasts on top of salsa and add the remaining salsa over the chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. Use a thermometer to check for doneness – chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.