Baked crusted chicken with sweet potatoes is a super delicious and inexpensive meal for the whole family. Ingredients: There are so many ways to cook chicken, and so many combinations of ingredients that you can use. And if you really want to wow your family, add sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes compliment chicken very well. And by cooking them together in the same dish, you end up with some super tasty food!
One-pan Roasted Chicken And Sweet Potatoes
for 1 serving
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 cup green beans(360 g), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to season
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to season
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Add the sweet potatoes, lemon slices, green beans, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to a large bowl (or parchment paper-lined sheet tray) and toss until fully coated.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and place the chicken breast on top of the vegetables (if you tossed your vegetables in a bowl).
- Bake until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Baked Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Recipes – 7 Delicious Ideas!
A hearty, inexpensive team is made up of chicken and potatoes! For your next ideal meal, read on for 7 delectable baked chicken and sweet potato dishes.
I don’t know about you, but all of the hearty comfort food throughout the fall and winter is one of my favorite things. When I can prepare a meal that is incredibly economical as well, I feel like I win big.
sweet potatoes and chicken are now present! These ingredients are really cheap to stock up on, and there are countless ways to prepare them to satisfy a hungry crowd. For more scrumptious inspiration, keep reading!
FAQ About Sweet Potatoes
Are sweet potatoes healthy?
Sweet potatoes contain a high amount of dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and weight loss. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals. Especially the orange and purple varieties are rich in antioxidants.
Are sweet potatoes carbs?
Sweet potatoes are considered to be a high-carb food.
Are sweet potatoes keto?
Sweet potatoes are naturally high in carbs, so they are excluded from keto diet plans.
Are sweet potatoes fattening?
Sweet potatoes are not fattening. They are considered a healthy alternative to normal potatoes and can help in achieving weight loss.
Can sweet potatoes go bad?
Sweet potatoes last 4 weeks sitting in the pantry and approximately 12 weeks when stored in the fridge.
Can sweet potatoes be eaten raw?
Sweet potatoes can be eaten raw, but digestive issues may occur so consume with caution.
Best Ways To Serve Chicken
- Baked, Roasted or Grilled – Throw chicken breasts or chicken thighs in a hot oven or on a grill with marinade, olive oil, lemon juice, bbq sauce, seasonings or rub of choice for the perfect simple star of the meal. Serve solo with a side of mashed potatoes, rice or veggies.
- Sheet pan dinner – Toss chicken pieces with red potatoes and chopped veggies. Spread in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and fresh herbs over the top and roast everything together for one of the easiest complete meals you can make.
- Rotisserie – Throw a whole chicken into your Instant Pot to create a savory rotisserie chicken. The chicken cooks quickly and evenly every time.
- Soup – Turn it into chicken broth as a base for any soup. Chicken vegetable soup is easy and delicious!
- Sandwiches – Spoon hot, shredded chicken into hamburger buns or slices of bread to create the perfect sandwich. Don’t forget the barbecue sauce, pickles or relish! Consider a cold chicken salad sandwich for lunch or a lighter dinner.
- Tacos – Pull out flour or corn tortillas and pile cooked shredded chicken inside, creating the perfect taco. Top with sour cream, red onion, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Nachos – Place tortilla chips in a single layer, followed by a layer of shredded chicken and topped with toppings of your choice such as sharp cheddar cheese, jalapeno slices, guacamole and taco sauce.
How Long Do Cooked Sweet Potatoes Last
If you have leftovers and you are wondering whether to toss or eat.. read this article for information about how long cooked sweet potatoes last, and so much more!
How To Make Baked Sweet Potatoes in the Microwave
The only downfall to making potatoes is the wait! Don’t let this stop you from enjoying this perfect side dish. You can quickly and easily prepare a baked sweet potato recipe in the microwave.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
What To Serve With Sweet Potatoes
The great thing about this type of potato is that it contains a natural sweetness that tastes great with just about any other type of food. There are lots of options for pairing this side with other types of food. See this comprehensive list of recipes to serve with sweet potatoes for even more ideas!
- Meat – Pork, chicken and beef all taste great alongside sweet potatoes.
- Fish – Salmon, walleye, halibut, cod and mahi mahi pair well with sweet potatoes.
- Vegetables – Just about any veggie on the planet accompanies sweet potatoes perfectly. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, zucchini, collard greens, carrots, cauliflower, green beans and bell peppers are great choices.
- Salad – A fresh, leafy green salad tastes great after a bite of sweet potatoes. A fall salad that contains fall veggies pairs perfectly, as well!
- Beans – Baked beans and black beans pair well with potatoes.
- Soup – Any variety of soup accompanies this tasty side perfectly.
BAKED CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, and white wine are the main ingredients in this simple roasted chicken recipe. Simple, cozy, and delectable!
My youth will always be associated with roast chicken. We would eat rice pilaf, a Syrian salad, and chicken grilled with cinnamon at least three nights per week. And each time, it was flawless.
Since I now take care of my own family as a mother, I enjoy updating the meals I grew up eating. This dish for roast chicken with sweet potatoes and white wine is a perfect illustration of how I take a simple cooking technique and make it my own,
Because it gives a crisp acidity that counterbalances the fat and salt from the roast chicken and the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, white wine is a fantastic accompaniment to roast chicken. Do you prefer not to drink? Replace with apple cider or chicken broth instead. As usual, season the chicken and vegetables thoroughly with salt and pepper. (You could even add some cinnamon, like my mother used to do!)
As the red onions cook they begin to caramelize turning tender and sweet by the time they come out of the oven. If you don’t have sweet potatoes on hand feel free to swap out with butternut squash, red or Yukon gold potatoes. Truly any root vegetable will work even parsnips!
To serve, garnish with fresh parsley. Fresh herbs are a great way to brighten a dish that has been cooking for a while. This trick holds true for all dishes including stews, pastas, soups and more.
How do you tell when chicken breasts are done cooking? You can tell the chicken is done when the juices are clear. Utilizing a meat thermometer, you can determine when the chicken is finished cooking when the internal temperature hits 170 degrees.