Today we’re making beef for stir fry recipe. I’ll be using beef cubes, and I’ve set aside some onions, a handful of beansprouts, some mushrooms and carrots, some cabbage, and a bag of rice noodles to complete it. If you have anything similar in your fridge/cupboard that you want to use up, that’s great. Let’s get going!
EASY BEEF STIR FRY RECIPE
This easy beef stir fry is a perfect dish to whip up on a busy weeknight. It is packed full of veggies yet delicious. It is a simple and quick recipe you can have from your kitchen to the table under 30 minutes.
Chinese beef stir fry is perfect with boiled rice, noodles or salt and pepper chips.
EASY BEEF STIR FRY RECIPE
Learn how to make easy beef stir fry at home from scratch without breaking the bank or placing an order over the telephone. I love easy and quick recipes especially for dinner, I’ve found myself making different meals every weeknight and it doesn’t seem to bother me. With easy recipes such as this stir-fries, weeknight dinner is a breeze.
Not only is this beef stir fry easy, it is packed full of vegetables. More importantly, you may already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Right, you can say goodbye to your Chinese takeout and make the best fakeaway stir fry out home.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is super affordable especially if you get the flank steak from the butchers. The beef doesn’t have to be anything expensive but feel free to splurge out if you want.
- The vegetables are easily customisable to suit your taste.
- This is a quick and easy recipe that would give your takeout a run for its money.
- Ok, not a fan of beef, swap it for chicken and you can even use tofu to make this a vegetarian stir fry.
- This recipe is great for meal prepping as it keeps well for up to 3 days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE IT
Bell peppers: I used a mixture of red and green bell pepper
Ginger and garlic: because your stir fry is not complete without this duo
Brown sugar: this can be substituted with honey
Salt and black pepper to season.
Chopped green onions
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STIR FRY
Make the stir fry sauce: to a bowl, add soy sauce, oyster sauce, chicken stock, sugar and mix to combine
Start by seasoning the beef strips with salt pepper and mix to combine. Add cornflour to the seasoned beef and stir combine
To a heated wok (high heat), add vegetable oil and heat until hot, carefully add the beef and stir fry until brown and there is no blood. This process should take about 3 minutes, remove the beef from the wok and set aside.
Add more vegetable oil to the wok and heat, quickly add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and stir fry for about 1 minute. Then add the vegetables, broccoli and mixed bell pepper and stir to combine. Continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes but be sure to keep an eye so it doesn’t burn.
Now, add the seared beef strips back into the pan, stir to combine. Lastly, add the stir fry sauce and stir to combine. At this point, if the sauce is not thick to your liking, make a slurry with ½ tbsp of cornflour and 2 tbsp of water and add it to the sauce. Stir to combine so that the sauce coats the beef and veggies well. Finish it off with chopped green onions, serve immediately with some steamed rice. Enjoy
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BEEF STIR FRY
It is important to prep the ingredients ahead of time. Because you move quickly from start to finish, you want to make sure you have all ingredients handy otherwise you risk burning your dinner.
For get the perfect meat slices for the stir fry. Remove any visible white membrane and cut the beef across the grain lengthwise thinly.
HOW TO STORE
As I mentioned earlier, this recipe is great for meal prep and it store well too in the fridge.
To store in the fridge, allow the stir fry cool down completely and transfer to an airtight container. It will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge but personally, I do 3 days at most.
Easy Beef Stir Fry
Easy Beef Stir Fry is the perfect Chinese-restaurant-inspired dish that you can make at home. To get delicious flavor use lots of been, your favorite vegetables, and of course a great sauce.
Serve this beef stir fry with white rice, egg noodles, or next to fried rice!
Beef for Stir Fry
So, what kind of beef is best for stir fry? I use either sirloin or flank steak in my beef stir fry recipe because it is tasty, affordable, and can be easily tenderized. You can use chuck steak as well. The secret to making the best beef stir fry using flank steak is all in how you slice the meat. Thin slices, across the grain is the key. Here’s how to do it:
- Trim away any silver skin, or other tough connective tissue that often surrounds a cut of beef.
- Look at the way the grains are running, you will see long lines of muscle.
- You want to slice across the long lines (across the grain) for the most tender meat. I cut 1/4 inch thick.
Now you’re ready to marinate and/or tenderize.
How to Make Beef Stir Fry
This dish requires a little more prep time than many recipes, but it’s so worth it! Prep your veggies ahead of time and place them in a container in the fridge. To make things super easy, our grocery store sells stir fry veggies cut and prepped.
- Cook the beef in batches in an oiled pan or wok about 2-3 minutes and then remove and set aside (overcrowding the pan causes the beef to steam, not fry).
- Cook the vegetables in a hot oiled pan or wok 4-5 minutes. They should still be crunchy. Set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer and thicken with cornstarch. Add the beef and veggies back to the pan and cook until heated through.
Making Beef Tender
You know how Chinese food always has the most tender pieces of beef and chicken? They use a technique called velveting which makes the meat so … velvety!! This involves tossing the beef (or chicken) with cornstarch and usually rice vinegar/soy sauce and egg white and let it marinate a while. It’s then usually cooked in either oil or water to complete the process and then it’s used in stir-fries.
I always toss my beef (or chicken for chicken stir fry) with cornstarch while I prepare the rest of the ingredients. While it’s not the exact same velveting technique as found in Chinese restaurants, it does change the texture of the meat and tenderize it. The little bit of cornstarch on the outside also gets a nice crust and helps thicken the sauce. Win-win-win!
Easy Beef Stir Fry
Beef stir fry is the perfect stir fry recipe to make at home.
prep time20 minutes
cook time30 minutes
total time50 minutes
- ▢2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- ▢1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- ▢2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ▢4 cups mixed vegetables
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ▢⅓ cup orange juice
- ▢⅓ cup water
- ▢¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ▢3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ▢1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ▢1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Season steak with salt & pepper. Toss with cornstarch and set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan or wok. Cook the beef in 2 small batches over medium high until browned, about 2-3 minutes (beef does not need to be cooked through). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the pan and cook about until tender crisp, 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside with the beef.
- Combine sauce ingredients except corn starch in a bowl and stir well.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the sauce. Bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water (or broth) and add it the sauce a little bit at a time while whisking to reach desired consistency. Let simmer 2 minutes. Add vegetables, beef (and any juices) to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve with noodles or over rice.
Easy Beef stir-fry with bell Peppers
Easy Beef stir-fry with bell Peppers – This savory, seasoned stir fry will quickly fill a home with an aroma that can only be exceeded by the flavor of the dish. It’s the perfect mix of fresh and filling!
Easy Beef Bell Pepper Stir Fry
The combination of beef and vegetables in this stir-fry makes it a healthy, filling, and colorful dish, and you can have this delicious beef dinner on your table in under 30 minutes. The secret is to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you turn on the stove. It comes together fast!
Tip: The beef can be cut into strips or sliced and marinated ahead of time, making the meat even tastier. Serve on top of cooked white or brown rice.
How to make Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry?
If you like a delicious stir-fry with lots of sauce like I do, then this is for you.
- Slice the beef or cut into strips
- Season the beef marinate – quick marinade. About 5 minutes.
- Sear in a hot pan then toss in loads of bell peppers and onions
- Add sauce – the mixture of chicken stock, minced ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, and cornstarch
Every bite is juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying.
How long to make Easy Beef Stir Fry?
It takes about 20 minutes to make this stir-fry from start to finish.
What cut of beef for Easy Beef Stir Fry?
Just about any cut will work, but sirloin is always a safe bet.
What to serve with Easy Beef Stir Fry?
Serving this dish with rice, pasta or bread to soak up the savory flavor is always a good idea.
Can you reheat Easy Beef Stir Fry?
This stir fry can keep in the fridge for up to one week if desired!
Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry – This savory, seasoned stir fry will quickly fill a home with an aroma that can only be exceeded by the flavor of the dish. It’s the perfect mix of fresh and filling!
Servings: 5 People
- 1½ Cup broth
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- ½ tbsp Ginger minced
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ lb Beef
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Seasoning powder
- 1 large Onion cut into half-moon
- 2 Bell peppers Any color – cut into strips
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Slice the beef and season with salt, seasoning powder, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine the 1.5 cup broth, minced garlic cloves, minced ginger, soy sauce, cornstarch, and black pepper. set aside
- Heat the oil in the large pan. Add the meat in a single layer and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side till done.
- Add the sauce and let the sauce simmer on low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. The sauce should thicken up nicely.
- Stir in the bell peppers, onions, and chili pepper flakes. Let it simmer for two more minutes.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1791mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1641IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg