Choosing the best kids vitamins with iron can be a challenge, especially when there are so many options available. Kids need extra nutrients from their daily diet to stay healthy, which is why it’s important for parents to find the best vitamin with iron options for their children.
Best Kids Vitamins With Iron
The Healthiest Children’s Multivitamins With Iron
- Children’s Best Organic Gummy Vitamin
- Children’s Best Complete Multivitamin (you can learn more here)
- Raise Them Well (formulated with methylated B vitamins to provide maximum absorption, contains more than double the recommended daily amount of Folate for brain development, contains Vitamin K2 which helps with Vitamin D absorption, vegan, gluten free, and can be used from 4 years of age)
- Yumi for Kids Ages 2-4 and Yumi for Kids Aged 4+ (includes 15 organic fruits + veggies!)
- Renzo’s Kids’ Multivitamin with Iron (does include sugar alcohols, can be used from age 2 onwards)
- Zarbee’s Naturals (this comes in liquid form and can be used from 2 months of age)
- Zarbee’s Naturals Gummies
- Natures Plus
- Vitamin Friends Gummies
- Bluebonnet Super Earth
The Healthiest Children’s Multivitamins Without Iron
- First Day
- Hiya Vitamins
- Ritual Essential Kids Vitamin
- Llama Naturals Organic Gummies
- Klaire Labs
- Garden of Life (note: This is sweetened with “Organic Stevia Leaf” which is the only form of Stevia I’m ok with – also can be listed as “organic whole leaf stevia” or “whole leaf stevia extract”. What I do avoid is “rebaudioside a or stevia extract” which could literally mean anything and have anything added to it.)
- Mary Ruth’s Gummies (note: this is sweetened with organic stevia leaf extract)
- Garden of Life Gummy Vitamin
- Mega Foods Kids Daily Multivitamin Booster – a powdered form of their vitamin.
- OLLY Kids Super Foods Multivitamin – Note: if you’re looking for a probiotic + multivitamin in one, OLLY Kids has this option – but it does have gelatin in it so it’s not vegetarian friendly.
When buying a multivitamin, what should you look for?
Kids multivitamins generally come in two groups: 1) With Iron and 2) Without Iron. You should buy a multivitamin that doesn’t exceed 100% daily value of most of the vitamins for your child’s age group – primarily Vitamins A, E and K (that will be indicated by the label on the back). The exception here is for Vitamin C and other water-soluble vitamins. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin but is ok to have at more than 100% of the daily value because most people are deficient (including kids) and Vitamin D isn’t toxic unless it’s in exceptionally high doses which wouldn’t be in a daily vitamin. If the vitamin does have more than 100% of A, E and K then I would just give your child half the dose on the bottle.
So what should you buy? What’s the healthiest children’s vitamin out there?
Luckily there are tons of options! Below is a list of my favorites: they all are made with natural ingredients, have no weird preservatives or any of the ingredients above added, and a few even derive the vitamins from organic food sources which I absolutely love because they are better absorbed by the body that way. Most of these will have a tiny bit of cane sugar or fructose added, but as long as it’s less than 4g per serving it’s not a huge issue.
Note: Some of the items below were given to me to review by the manufacturer or as part of an affiliate program. I may receive commissions if you make a purchase through the links provided. I only recommend products I’ve actually evaluated, I believe are the highest quality, and can do the most to help you and your family. By purchasing any of these products from the links below, you help keep this blog running, so thanks for your support! I am not a doctor, so don’t disregard anything your doctor has told you based on what you read here. Please consult with your doctor before starting any new supplements.