If you are looking for The Best Vegetarian Recipes for Christmas Dinner, this list may be the one for you. We have selected the most popular, tasty and easy-to-make vegetarian recipes for your best holidays ever.
No one likes to be left out at Christmas. For the vegetarians in your life, why not create a beautiful vegetable arrangement for them? Inside you will find some tips and ideas for what’s needed and potentially some more inspiration for how to make the best vegetarian recipes for Christmas.
Vegetarian Christmas recipes
Enticing meat-free recipes for the festive season, including starters, main courses and snacks. Enjoy a variety of pies, soups and vegetable bakes.
- Root vegetable tatin with candied nuts & blue cheeseA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.12 ratingsMake this vegetable tatin with nuts and cheese as a Christmas showstopper. Perfect for a veggie family, it also makes a great Boxing Day buffet centrepiece
- Squash & chestnut crackersA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.8 ratingsImpress veggie guests this Christmas with these butternut squash and chestnut puff pastry crackers. Serve with vegetarian gravy and plenty of trimmings
- Beetroot, stilton & kale wellingtonsA star rating of 0 out of 5.0 ratingsServe up a stunning vegetarian wellington for a Christmas main, wrapped in puff pastry and filled with beetroot, stilton, kale and pine nuts
- Nut roastA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.282 ratingsBake a satisfying vegetarian loaf with lentils, chestnut mushrooms and cheese to go with all the classic roast dinner trimmings.
- Mini nut roasts with candied carrotsA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.5 ratingsServe these lovely mini nut roasts as a vegan dish at Christmas. You could also serve the recipe as one large nut roast, too – just use a larger loaf tin
- Squash, winter herb & crispy butter bean pieA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.33 ratingsMake this hearty squash pie to serve as an alternative vegetarian Christmas centrepiece. It’s festive and contains plenty of herby flavour
- Spinach madeleine tart with cheesy pastryA star rating of 3.7 out of 5.7 ratingsTry this tart as a veggie course at Christmas or other celebration. With cheesy pastry and a cheese and spinach filling, it’s sure to be a crowdpleaser
- Vegetarian wellingtonA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.29 ratingsCreate a vegetarian centrepiece with this meat-free wellington with beetroot, mushroom and butternut squash wrapped in pastry. It’s ideal for a celebration
- Cranberry & lentil bakeA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.21 ratingsDouble or triple the quantities of this festive cranberry and lentil bake to serve more people, if you like. You can make it up to two days before serving
- Melting middle onionsA star rating of 4 out of 5.1 ratingImpress dinner guests with these veggie cheese-stuffed onions. Packed with mozzarella, pine nuts, breadcrumbs and herbs, they’re full of flavour
- Moroccan spiced pieA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.114 ratingsThe perfect showpiece to your Christmas Day meal – and it’s suitable for veggies
- Sizzled sprouts with pistachios & pomegranateA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.10 ratingsAdd a deliciously different side dish to your Christmas spread with these pan-fried sprouts and juicy pomegranate seeds, drizzled with pomegranate molasses
- Sprout, comté & walnut tartA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.5 ratingsMake the most of seasonal sprouts this winter with this tasty tart. It combines comté cheese and walnuts in a wonderful spelt and pumpkin seed pastry case
- Beetroot & squash wellingtons with kale pestoA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.43 ratingsPut some welly in your Christmas dinner. Make these vegan wellingtons ahead of time for a less stressed Christmas dinner. Even the meat eaters will love them!
- Honey roast beetroot & Wensleydale tart tartineA star rating of 5 out of 5.1 ratingEnjoy this showstopping beetroot and Wensleydale tart as a veggie centrepiece at Christmas. With its stunning deep red colour, it’s a perfect festive dish
- Butternut, sage & hazelnut quicheA star rating of 4 out of 5.17 ratingsHosting a veggie dinner party? Try our autumnal quiche with butternut squash, plus sage and hazelnut for a festive flavour – ideal for a meat-free Christmas
- Smoky sweet root vegetablesA star rating of 0 out of 5.0 ratingsCook these root vegetables for a special roast dinner. A sweet butter glaze contrasts beautifully with a subtle charred flavour – perfect for Christmas Day
- Roasted winter vegetables with smoked mayoA star rating of 0 out of 5.0 ratingsRoast winter vegetables and serve them with a wonderful smoky mayonnaise for a tasty side dish. It’s also hearty enough to work as a main
- Honeyed squash & nut roast cakeA star rating of 0 out of 5.0 ratingsWow guests with this stunning honeyed squash and nut roast cake. It makes a crowd-pleasing veggie centrepiece for a celebration – perfect for Christmas
- Parsnip, feta & butter bean pieA star rating of 4 out of 5.7 ratingsLooking for a showstopping veggie dish? Packed with parsnips, feta and butter beans, this pie makes the perfect Christmas centrepiece
- Cheese & onion rollsA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.14 ratingsTry this take on the classic sausage roll for veggies. Making your own flaky pastry is well worth the extra few minutes, and is surprisingly easy
- Cauliflower, leek & cheddar pie with mustard & thyme pastryA star rating of 2 out of 5.1 ratingEnjoy this comforting cauliflower, cheese & leek pie. With homemade mustard and thyme pastry, it’s a great veggie main course for any occasion
- Easy vegan nut roastA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.4 ratingsEnjoy this easy nut roast as a show-off veggie Christmas main course. With pomegranate, cranberries and chestnut mushrooms, it’s filled with festive flavours
meat-free menu ideas for your Christmas lunch
Whether you’re vegetarian yourself, have vegetarian guests coming or just want some amazing vegetable-based recipes in your festive cooking arsenal, we’ve got you covered with our best meat-free menu ideas. Here’s 50 recipe ideas for a vegetarian Christmas!
Roast mushrooms with charred onion
Shannon Bennett’s mushroom medley will add hearty flare to any meal as a stunning side dish.
Whole roasted cauliflower with romesco sauce
Vegetarians rejoice! Shannon Bennett’s whole roasted cauliflower can be enjoyed as a main or a side.
Baked cauliflower with haloumi, burnt honey and za’atar
If you’re entertaining, this side dish from Ben Sears is a necessity.
Gluten-free eggplant parmigiana lasagne
Gluten-free, vegetarian friendly, guilt-free and utterly, utterly delicious.
Pumpkin nam jim skewers
These hearty vegetable skewers are bursting with flavour and can easily be made vegetarian friendly.
Jamie Oliver’s roasted brassica salad with lentils and haloumi
Jamie Oliver’s hearty salad is the perfect combination of warm, roasted veg with haloumi and lentils – the crowning side to any family feast, or a meal on its own.
Spelt margherita pizza with ‘pepperoni’ chickpeas
Mouth watering Italian flavours spring to life in this healthy, vegetarian pizza recipe by Phoebe Wood. Introducing: spelt margherita pizza with ‘pepperoni’ chickpeas.
Tandoori cauliflower, my way
These tandoori cauliflower make for a filling and flavour-packed vegetarian dish. Who said vegetables had to be boring? This recipe is an extract from I Love India by Anjum Anand (Quadrille Publishing, RRP $39.99). Available in stores nationally now.
Broad bean and pea salad with freekeh and yoghurt sauce
Fresh and filling, this vegetarian salad is a great go-to dinner. This recipe is an extract from Salads and Pickles: Vegetables with more taste and less waste, by Alex Elliot-Howery and Sabine Spindler of Cornersmith (Murdoch Books), $39.99.
Summer vegetable lasagne
Shannon Harley’s lasagne is a vegetarian tweak on the meaty original. It’s delicious, easy to make, and always welcome at the dinner table, even by hardened carnivores.
Best Vegetarian Christmas Dinner Ideas the Whole Family Can Enjoy
Best Christmas Vegetarian Recipes
From quiche to crepes, these Christmas vegetarian recipes will bring cheer to both meat-eaters and non-meat-eaters alike!
Meats such as ham and turkey are usually the centerpieces of the Christmas feast. But does that mean vegetarians can’t get in on the fun? Of course not!Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we’ll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
There are tons of holiday-worthy recipes out there that also happen to be vegetarian.
This list features 30 of them, and they’re all so impressive, they might just steal the spotlight!
If you’re vegetarian or have vegetarian friends over for Christmas lunch or dinner, I have you covered, from appetizers to sides to dessert! SaveSimple Vegan StuffingMinimalist Baker
Just because you can’t eat turkey doesn’t mean you should miss out on the stuffing, too!
This recipe is hearty, scrumptious, and 100% vegetarian.
It’s crisp on the outside and ridiculously delicious in every bite. It’s so good, you won’t miss the meat!
It uses veggie broth, lentils instead of meat, and flax seeds instead of eggs.
Thanks to these simple swaps, this stuffing is for everyone to enjoy.SaveVegan Butternut Squash SoupLoving It Vegan
2. Butternut Squash Soup
This soup is velvety, beautiful, and outrageously tasty, too!
The secret to the most flavorful soup is roasting the butternut squash beforehand.
It releases the natural sugars in the squash, giving it an even deeper, more robust flavor.
3. Hasselback Potatoes
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with baked potatoes. But if you care to make things more interesting, here’s the recipe for you.
Hasselback potatoes are just like baked potatoes, except the spuds are sliced very thinly to give them crispy edges, nooks, and crannies when baked.
4. Cranberry Sauce
Give your vegetarian stuffing an extra tasty point with this cranberry sauce.
The wonderful combo of sweet and tart complements any savory dish.
Best of all, this crimson delight only requires a few basic ingredients and 15 minutes of your time.
Why opt for store-bought if you can make something a hundred times better at a fraction of the cost?SaveRoasted VegetablesDamn DeliciousRoasted Vegetables – Damn Delicious
5. Roasted Vegetables
Rustic roasted vegetables are perfect either for an intimate meal or a fancy celebration.
The colors alone will get you into the Christmas spirit!
You can use whatever veggies you like, although this recipe calls for broccoli, butternut squash, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions.
Throw in some cremini mushrooms in there, too, to add a rich and meaty flavor.
Make the veggies even more delightful with garlic, thyme, and balsamic vinegar.