To imbue your kids’ menu with cheap easy kids friendly vegetarian recipes is one of the things that could make you get worried or apprehensive. Yes, as a mother, you must agree with me that serving foods tends to appear improbable, especially if you have got vegetarians as kids. Aside from this, you might require the service of easy vegetarian recipes for kids to let yourself off the hook of making meals for very long minutes or hours, especially after working throughout the day.
Hence, do not despair as this article has got you covered. This, it has done, by highlighting some major healthy vegan kid friendly recipes that are tested and trusted. These vegan kid friendly recipes are cheap, quick and easy, and of course affordable. Shall we take a look at these healthy vegetarians recipes for kids?
Healthy Vegetarian Recipes For Kids
The first meal on this list of cheap easy kid friendly vegetarian recipes is the sheet pan pancakes. It is easy and very nutritious. Sheet pan pancakes are taken as breakfast due to its simple process of making. The following are the ingredients;
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 150g mixed berries, chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- To make pan pancakes, one of the best healthy vegetarian recipes kid recipes kid friendly meals, start by preheating the oven to 200c.
- Get a baking tray with parchment paper and spray it with a little oil.
- Then add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, milk, eggs and honey to the processed bowl.
- Cover with lid and then insert the blender motor. Blend well until the batter is smoothened.
- Then pour the batter in a tin and sliced banana and chopped berries to it.
- Afterwards, bake in the oven for 15 minutes and make sure the pancake is solid to hold.
- Cut into slices of your kids and let them enjoy the glitz in one of the best vegan kid friendly recipes, the sheet pan pancakes.
Another of the easy vegetarian recipes for kids is the lentil sauce. Lentils are sure meal your kids will love and will continue to yearn for. Besides, lentils are high in fibre and also a rich source of B vitamins. Get the following to prepare this meal;
- 35 oz passata
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 5 oz dried red lentils
- Salt and pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- In a large saucepan, add passata, lentils, vegetable stock and oregano together.
- Boil this mixture, covering it with a lid slightly.
- Then let it simmer for 12 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Then blitz the sauce with a blender until it is smoothened.
- Do make sure it does not appear too thick and bulky.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then mix the sauce with cooked pasta.
- Serve your kids and let them enjoy!
Of course, you might argue that salad seems too boring for kids. That is if you have not stepped up your ways of presenting it for your kids. Try this new method with tortilla and you will resurrect your kids’ dead appetite for salad. Tortilla salad is one of the best healthy vegetarian recipes for kids. The ingredients are as follows;
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- 1 large piece of cucumber
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 grated peppers
- Grated cheese
- 1 large tomato
- 1 piece of carrots
- To start with, preheat the oven to 200c at least.
- Then carefully grease a saucepan with oil.
- Then transfer the tortilla wrap into the saucepan and bake for 12 minutes.
- While the tortilla is baking, chop the salad ingredients.
- These are cucumber, grated cheese, carrot, lettuce, tomato and pepper.
- When the tortilla is done, remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- After this, remove the tortilla from the hot saucepan and add chopped salad ingredients to the converted tortilla bowl and top with some grated cheese.
- Sit back and watch your kids debut this new style.
- They definitely would not regret it!
If you guessed a meal that would make this list of vegan kid friendly recipes, then guess right to include the super-nutritious food. It is one of the easy vegetarian recipes for kids that I recommend to concerned parents. These are the ingredients;
- 200g mushroom, sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 200g granary bread
- 1 tablespoon seasoning
- 300g can bean, drained and rinsed
- Burger buns, lettuce, tomato
- 100g cheddar
- 2 leeks, sliced
- Start by heating 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Then tip in vegetables, seasoning and soy sauce and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then tip vegetable into a food processor, alongside cheese, bread and beans.
- Season and beat it to a bulky paste. After this is done, mould mix into burgers as many as you want.
- You can preserve these burgers for 2 days or more before you wish to fry in heated oil until crispy.
- You can serve with toasted buns.
Chickpea And Coriander Burgers
High in fibre, chickpea and coriander burgers are on another level. Making this list of cheap easy kid friendly vegetarian recipes, they are very tasty, delicious and nutritious. Do ensure you give this meal space in your menu of healthy vegan kid friendly recipes. Below are the ingredients;
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, half diced, half sliced
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Chilli sauce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 small wholemeal buns
- 1 egg
- To prepare this meal, start by whizzing chickpeas, lemon juice, lemon zest, half the coriander, egg, cumin and some seasoning in a large food processor.
- When this is done, scrape into a bowl and mix with soy of the breadcrumbs and the onion.
- Make 4 burgers and press the remaining breadcrumbs unto both sides.
- Then chill for about 10 minutes to 12 minutes.
- After chilling, fry burgers in a hot frying pan for about 3 minutes, turning each side to heat well.
- When done, serve by slicing each burn and fill with sliced tomato, burger and the remaining coriander.
- Add a dollop of chilli sauce, some cucumber slices, a few red onion slices. It’s excellent!
Mac And Cauli Cheese
Combining cauliflower cheese and macaroni will perhaps be an exciting moment for you and your kids.This combo boasts of a deceived space in this list of vegan kid friendly recipes as it is rich, tasty and delicious. Consider it as one of the easy vegetarian recipes for kids and easy your burden forever.Get the following to prepare;
- 300g macaroni
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Small bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 140g extra cheddar, grated
- 600ml full-fat milk
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Hear the grill on a high heat and boil salted water in a large pan.
- Cook the pasta in the water for 5 minutes after which you add the cauliflower to cook for another 8 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 100ml of the cooking water.
- While cooking, melt the butter in a pan over the low heat and stir in the flour.
- Add milk, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Then add the cheese and the reserved cooking water to it.
- Then top the pasta and cauliflower into a large dish and stir through the cheese sauce.
- Together, mix the garlic, thyme, breadcrumbs into the combined cheese sauce.
- Then grill for 3 minutes.
Creamy Potato Soup
As a mother of your kids, make it a responsibility to plan creamy potato soup in your cheap easy kid friendly vegetarian recipes. Get the ingredients and prepare to make for your kids one of the quickest healthy vegetarian recipes for kids. Below are the ingredients;
- 50g butter
- 1-litre hot vegetable stock
- 125ml single cream
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 kg potato, peeled and chopped
- Fry half of the butter and onions in a large saucepan for 4 minutes until onions start to soften.
- Then put potato and stock and boil.
- Then let it simmer for about 12 minutes until the potato starts to soften.
- Then remove from heat and blend the soup until it is smoothened.
- Add the cream and the remaining butter.
- Stir well and serve.
- Easy, right? Yeah! It is indeed a trusted member of the vegan kid friendly recipes.
The Bottom Line
Having explored the relevance of the best choices of healthy vegetarian recipes for kids, it is, however, important to regard these foods as the way out when you face the hurdle of planning easy vegetarian recipes for kids.