You’re more than welcome to try my recipe for Cherry Clafoutis Mary Berry from The Great British Bake Off . This recipe is based on the original one from Mary Berry. Clafoutis are traditionally made with cherries. The round shallow dish comes from the Limousin region of France. The French term “clafoutis” roughly translates to “a mess” or “crowded” (referring to the way the fruit was originally packed into it before baking). It literally means “flip-flop,” which resembles the way this recipe is made.
A delicious family meal is clafoutis. This dish should be easy for anyone to prepare. Your kids, spouse, and friends will love you a thousand times more for it because it is so simple to prepare. The clafoutis will be the perfect temperature when served if you put it in the oven shortly before you sit down to eat; just warm is ideal.
- 700g ripe pitted cherries
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 10g vanilla sugar
- Cherry stems should be removed before washing and drying on paper towels.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 190°C/375°F and butter the clafoutis dish.
- Butter should be melted in a pan.
- Beat the eggs and egg yolks in a big bowl, then whisk in the salt and caster sugar. To create a thick, smooth batter, mix in the flour and vanilla extract consistently. Stir well after adding the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the batter on top of the cherries in the dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top. After cooking, take the baked goods out of the oven and top with the vanilla sugar. Warm up before serving and top with creme fraîche.
Make your life into a bowl of cherries as it already is! the ideal marriage of taste and elegance! It is intended to be served warm and dusted with powder sugar. It has the consistency of a flan and a highly distinctive flavor. incredibly common in France. Consequently, if you enjoy cherries and are seeking for a particular dessert, this is it!
- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar (separated)
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (for spreading around tart dish)
- powdered sugar for garnish
Set the oven’s temperature to 375. a 9″ or 10″ glass tart pan with butter. Cherry pits and rinse them. Three tablespoons of sugar and the cherries should be combined in a bowl before being left aside.
The milk, 1 cup of sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and eggs should all be thoroughly blended and smooth in a large basin.
Put the cherries in the tart pan flat, then pour the batter on top of them. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees, or until the top is lightly browned, the edges are browned, and the center is firm. Powdered sugar should be sprinkled on top after it has cooled for about 20 minutes on a rack to reach room temperature. Serve hot.