Whether you’ve never made a single course meal or this is your first attempt at Chicken with Alfredo Sauce recipe, there are some important ingredient and preparation tips to keep in mind when creating this recipe. The following list includes some of these essential tips.
I’m going to share with you my personal chicken with alfredo sauce recipe. The ingredients that you need are the following:
- prep time: 20min
- total time: 35min
- serves: 4people
- calories: 5141 serving
Our Alfredo sauce turns chicken and pasta into something special with this incredibly easy Chicken Alfredo – a recipe full of creamy deliciousness yet so simple you can have it on the dinner table in no time flat! To get this on the table even faster, start with cooked chicken breast strips.
cost per recipe: $9.25
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- halves, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar (14.5 ounces) Prego® Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce
- 8 ounces (1/2 of a 1-pound package) fettuccine pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preparation Shortcut: You may substitute 2 packages (about 9 ounces each) refrigerated cooked chicken strips for the fresh chicken and omit step 1.See more
- Step 1Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Step 2Stir the Alfredo sauce in the skillet and heat through. Add the chicken and fettuccine and toss to coat.
- Step 3Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
EASY CHICKEN ALFREDO PASTA
We love this chicken Alfredo recipe for dinner when we’re craving a bowl of creamy, delicious pasta. The pan-fried chicken is juicy and perfect with the homemade alfredo sauce and fettuccine.
Alfredo sauce is the easiest, most delicious pasta sauce recipe and adding golden, seasoned chicken makes it the perfect weeknight family dinner. The chicken can be seasoned with any of your favorite seasonings but I like using Italian seasoning and a dash of garlic powder.
- Chicken breasts. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs will also work.
- Olive oil.
- Dried Italian herbs or Italian seasoning.
- Garlic powder.
- Fresh garlic cloves.
- Heavy cream or whipping cream.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper.
- Pasta of your choice. I used fettuccine but any shape you have works.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ALFREDO
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta or noodles of your choice then cook until al dente (usually 9-12 minutes). Reserve half a cup of pasta water and drain.
- How to cook chicken for chicken Alfredo: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a chopping board and carefully slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create two thin cutlets. Drizzle each piece of chicken with olive oil then season generously on both sides with 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat then add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the Alfredo sauce: In the same pan over medium heat, melt a few tablespoons butter and add the crushed garlic. Scrape the bottom of the pan to bring up any golden bits from the chicken (this is a serious flavor bomb and tastes great in the finished sauce). Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the cream and add the remaining Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine then season with salt and pepper.
- Combine: Slice the chicken with a sharp knife into thin strips then add to the Alfredo sauce. Combine the sauce and chicken with cooked pasta along with a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and extra Parmesan cheese.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD?
Alfredo sauce is always best freshly made and because it takes only minutes to make, I wouldn’t recommend making it in advance. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheeat in a pan set over medium-low heat with a splash of water or chicken broth (stock).
Rich and creamy! I have found that Parmesan cheese doesn’t melt well, and often substitute Gruyere cheese.
Creamy Alfredo Sauce
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Original recipe yields 4 servingsIngredient Checklist
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.
I Made It Print
Read our picks for the best garlic presses to make cooking your favorite recipes that much easier.