Chicken With Angel Hair Pasta Recipes: I should consider myself lucky. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I use a recipe as an outlet for my creativity, more than for making something to eat. So it’s probably due to this that my idea of “happy cooking” and my husband’s idea of “cooking” are two very different things.
Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
This “comfort food worthy” chicken pasta broccoli dish with pancetta recipe is loaded with flavor and ready in 30 minutes. Make this angel hair pasta with chicken breast and broccoli for an easy family-style one pan dinner. Let’s cook…
Why this angel hair pasta with chicken recipe is so good…
- It’s delicious! Family comfort food at it’s finest!
- Ready in about 30 minutes.
- Similar to a chicken piccata recipe (it has a Cheesecake Factory menu vibe).
- You’ll learn to make a simple light cream sauce.
- Load it up with any vegetables you’d like (try spinach or tomatoes, too).
- New to one pan pasta dishes? See my video for beginners (scroll to bottom of page).
Here’s what you need to make this angel hair pasta dish.
For the chicken breast
- Chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- Dried Italian seasonings
- Olive oil
For the pasta, pancetta, broccoli, and sauce
- Angel hair pasta
- Diced pancetta
- Broccoli florets
- White wine
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Roasted red pepper (marinated in the jar)
How to cook angel hair pasta with chicken and vegetables
Now I’ll walk you through it…
Quick look at this recipe
- Cook chicken breast and angel hair pasta.
- Cook pancetta in the same pan as the chicken.
- Make the light cream sauce for angel hair pasta.
- Garnish and serve pasta with parsley, parmesan, and roasted red peppers.
Detailed steps when you’re ready to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a large pot of salted water on the stove top, covered with a lid. You can bring the water to a boil now or wait until it’s closer to time to cook the pasta.
- Prep chicken breast. Assuming you’re starting with full 3”thick chicken breasts, I recommend cutting them in half, lengthwise. Using thinner pieces of chicken helps them cook faster and evenly. You can also pound them thin to get a similar effect.
- Season chicken. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings all over chicken breast.
- Sear chicken breasts. Place a large oven safe pan on the stove and set the burner to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and once hot, add the chicken breast. Sear each side for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Oven bake chicken. Transfer lightly seared chicken to the oven to bake at 400 degrees F until an internal reading meat thermometer indicates the chicken has reached a temperature of 165 degrees. In the Sip Bite Go video demonstration, this took about 10 minutes. Once done, remove cooked chicken breast from the pan (set it aside to rest 5-10 minutes on a cutting board) and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Boil pasta. Add angel hair pasta to boiling water and cook until just under al dente (about 2 minutes less than the package recommends). Strain pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Do not rinse pasta in water or add olive oil.
- Cook the pancetta. Add the large skillet pan back to a burner on medium high heat with the diced pancetta. Stir as it cooks for 2 minutes, then add the broccoli and cook while stirring for an additional 2-4 minutes minutes until the pancetta is fully cooked and the broccoli softens. During this time, slice the cooked chicken breast into smaller bite sized pieces or strips.
- Make the light cream sauce for the chicken broccoli pasta. Add white wine to the pan with the pancetta and broccoli. Reduce the heat of the burner to medium-low and let the wine simmer for 1 minute. Add cream and butter, stirring regularly for 1 minute as the sauce thickens. Add in the angel hair pasta, reserved pasta water, and sliced chicken. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- Garnish and serve pasta with fresh chopped parsley, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and diced roasted red peppers.
What else can you add to the sauce?
For extra flavor, try adding freshly minced cloves of garlic, a squeeze of lemon juice or zest, a little chicken broth, or a tablespoon of salty capers.
What are good substitutes for pancetta?
While pancetta is delicious, it’s not exactly an everyday item most people have in their fridge. You can substitute bacon or diced ham for a similar effect. I use deli ham in a variety of recipes to use it up, like in this stuffed chicken breast dish.
What can I serve with this pasta dish?
Chicken and broccoli pasta recipes like this one pair well with an appetizer like my blueberry summer salad or serve a bowl of chilled zucchini soup.
How many minutes do you boil angel hair pasta?
For most brands of al dente angel hair pasta, boil for just a few minutes (2-5).
Spicy Chicken w/Angel Hair Pasta
|A mildly spicy sauce complements this simple chicken and pasta dish that is sure to be a family favorite!|
|Preparation Time: 30 minutes|
|1 cup onion, finely chopped1 Tbsp minced garlic4 cups broccoli florets1 Tbsp olive oil½ lb (8 oz) chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into ½ inch strips1 jar (26 oz) pasta sauce, low-sodium¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta|
|In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. While the water heats, chop onion, mince garlic and cut broccoli into tiny florets. Set aside. In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil until very hot. Add the chicken. Cook and stir until lightly browned on both sides (approximately 5-8 minutes). Place chicken on a clean plate and cover to keep warm. Set aside.|
Coat pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir onion for approximately 3 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan. Add entire jar of pasta sauce, cayenne pepper and salt. Gently mix to blend ingredients. Cover and simmer until chicken and vegetables are warmed through (approximately 4 minutes). Drop pasta into boiling water. Cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 2 minutes. Drain. Divide pasta onto four dinner plates. Top each with 1/4 of the chicken and sauce mixture. Serve.
|2 Cups of Fruits and Vegetables per Serving|
|Nutrition Information per Serving:|
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
% of Calories from Fat: 15%
% Calories from Sat Fat: 2%
Dietary Fiber: 9g
|Each serving provides: An excellent source of vitamins A, B3, B6 and C, fiber, potassium and selenium, and a good source of folate, calcium, manganese and phosphorous.|
Angel Hair Pasta With Chicken And Veggies
PREP TIME: 25 Min
Ingredients For Angel Hair Pasta With Chicken And Veggies
- 2 Tbspolive oil
- 2boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg(10 oz) package frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 2 clovegarlic (minced)
- 1 pkg(12 oz) package angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cfresh parmesan cheese
- 3 lgcarrots (sliced)
- 2/3 cchicken broth
- 1 tspdried basil
How To Make Angel Hair Pasta With Chicken And Veggies
- 1Heat 1 Tbl oil in skillet and cook chicken pieces. Once cooked, set aside.
- 2Heat remaining oil, add carrots and cook for 4 minutes. Then add broccoli and minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3Add cooked chicken pieces, chicken broth, basil and parmesan cheese to vegetable mix and stir and simmer for 4 minutes.
- 4Cook pasta according to directions on package and drain.
- 5Top noodles with chicken and veggie mix.
- 6*If mixture is too dry, you can always add more chicken broth.