Chicken is always a crowd pleaser and this recipe for Chicken with Balsamic Vinaigrette is no exception. With or without the head, balsamic vinegar works wonders for flavor. Factor in some garlic and fresh herbs and you have yourself a simple roast chicken dinner that will impress your guests.
The chicken was moist and tender, the balsamic vinaigrette was sweet and delicious, and we ate every last bite. I can see why this recipe has been pinned over a million times!
Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Make the EASIEST Balsamic Grilled Chicken with this recipe. Simply toss chicken breasts in a balsamic vinaigrette to marinate and then grill.
Balsamic Grilled Chicken Is The Perfect Summer Meal Prep Addition
In the summer I do everything I can to cook meals outside. This includes making some of my meal prep on a grill like this balsamic grilled chicken.
This balsamic chicken is perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps and grain bowls. I like to pair this with a simple caesar salad or a strawberry quinoa salad or even a mediterranean orzo salad.
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
- Grill or grill pan
- Cooking brush
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this balsamic chicken with just two basic ingredients.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- balsamic vinaigrette
What Should I Use For A Balsamic Chicken Marinade?
You can use any balsamic dressing or balsamic vinaigrette to marinate your chicken. I like to use my homemade creamy balsamic vinaigrette, but a store bought dressing is a perfect balsamic grilled chicken marinade.
How To Make Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Step 1: Prepare And Marinate Chicken Breasts
To begin, slice chicken breasts in half longways so you have 2 thinner pieces. Then, add to a large mixing bowl and pour one cup of balsamic vinaigrette into the bowl.
Toss to coat chicken completely. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to marinate.
Then, marinate the chicken for at least one hour, but up to 8 hours.
Step 2: Grill Marinated Balsamic Chicken
Next, remove marinated chicken from the fridge and preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high. Remove chicken from the marinade, but save the marinade on the side.
Then, place chicken on a hot grill. Grill on one side for 2 minutes then flip and baste the chicken with extra marinade.
Grill for another 2 minutes. Flip and baste again and grill for 2 more minutes. Flip one final time and grill for 2 minutes. Close the grill between each flip.
The chicken will be on the grill for a total of 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Finally, allow the chicken to rest on a cutting board or plate for a few minutes before enjoying.
How Should I Store This Balsamic Chicken?
Once prepared, allow the chicken to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This is the best Balsamic Chicken Marinade you’ll ever make! Flavorful with balsamic vinegar, garlic and Italian season, it’s perfect for BBQs and healthy dinners!
This is my favorite Balsamic Chicken Marinade with the best flavor depth from olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and, of course, balsamic vinegar.
It’s an essential recipe not only for summer, but all year long for us (it makes for a great Baked Caprese Chicken)! Whenever I buy chicken breast in bulk, I freeze some of it right in the marinade for extra quick dinner prep.
Having marinated chicken on the ready makes dinner time easier on busy weeknights – and you only need a few simple ingredients to pull it together, too!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here is a visual overview of the ingredients in the recipe. Scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post for quantities!
- Chicken: Use any chicken cut – chicken breast is my favourite, but boneless thighs or even wings work great here, too.
- Brown sugar: Feel free to replace the brown sugar with honey or maple syrup for a natural sweetener. You can also leave out the sugar if you prefer, the marinade will be a little more tart.
- Garlic: If you don’t have any fresh garlic on hand, feel free to use ¼ teaspoon dried garlic powder instead.
- Dijon mustard: I love Dijon mustard in this recipe; but a simple yellow mustard or a whole grain mustard are great, too.
How to make Balsamic Chicken Marinade
1.Start by combining all marinade ingredients in a large measuring jug.
2.Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over it. Remove as much air from the bag as possible, then zip it closed.
As a little tip, I like to massage the marinade lightly into the chicken to make sure it’s completely covered.
3.Refrigerate the sealed bag or container for at least 15 minutes, and up to overnight.
4.Once ready to cook, remove the chicken from the bag. Discard the bag and any excess marinade. Cook the chicken your preferred way until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Rest the chicken 5 minutes before serving.
- you can cut the chicken in strips or in pieces, or pound it, before marinating
- freeze the freshly marinated chicken for up to 3 months – defrost in the fridge overnight before using
- leftover chicken keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days, add it to salads for easy lunches!
- use about 2 pounds of chicken with this amount of marinade for best texture and flavor
- If you want to avoid single-use plastic, you can also marinate the chicken in a glass or stainless steel container with a lid. Just make sure the chicken is covered in marinade! You may need to double the marinade depending on the size of your container.
- You should always discard used marinade for food safety reasons, do not reuse it.
- If you’re using defrosted chicken, it is recommended you do not re-freeze it.
How to freeze marinated chicken
Simply place the chicken in the marinade in a freezer-friendly bag or container that seals well, making sure the chicken is evenly coated.
Label your container with the name and use-by date (freeze for up to 3 months) and place in the freezer.
To defrost, place the bag on a plate to catch any drips and thaw in the fridge overnight.
BALSAMIC CHICKEN (4 INGREDIENT MARINADE)
BALSAMIC CHICKEN – 4 INGREDIENT MARINADE RECIPE
Balsamic Chicken marinates in an easy, 4 ingredient marinade of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, salt, pepper, and garlic cloves.
Prepare it earlier in the day and let it marinate in the fridge until dinnertime! This chicken can be baked in the oven or our favorite way is to grill it.
HOW TO MAKE MARIANTED GRILLED BALSAMIC CHICKEN
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts – I prefer to cook with this meat but if you prefer chicken thighs then feel free to use those instead.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Be sure and use one that you love the flavor of. I really like the Ken’s Steakhouse brand but there are lots of options in the store so pick one you like.
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes – If you want some heat then add some red pepper flakes (start at ¼ teaspoon). I have never added it but I know some people want some spice so that’s why I included it in the recipe.
EASY MARINATED CHICKEN RECIPES
One of my favorite dinners to make during the summer is grilled chicken recipes that marinate for hours! Marinating chicken infuses so much flavor into it, and it’s an easy way to prepare dinner ahead of time and then throw it on the grill when you’re ready.
We love eating marinated grilled chicken with a loaded salad like this simple tossed green salad (I cut the dressing recipe in half when I make this) or this recipe for that good salad —> I don’t use the kale when I make this and instead use a bag of butter leaf lettuce.
BALSAMIC CHICKEN (4 INGREDIENT MARINADE)
Balsamic Chicken with an easy & simple 4 ingredient marinade! Full of flavor, moist, juicy, and so delicious grilled or baked in the oven.
PREP TIME5 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
MARINADE TIME4 hrs
SERVINGS4 chicken breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing I like Ken’s Steakhouse brand
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ crushed red pepper flakes optional, if you want some heat
- Place chicken breasts into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag (or a mixing bowl with a lid will work). Add in the balsamic dressing, garlic cloves, and salt & pepper.
- Let the extra out and zip the bag shut. Shake the bag and use your hands to mix everything together and make sure the chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- You can either grill this chicken OR bake it in the oven.If grilling, remove chicken from bag and grill over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side or until it reaches the temperature of 165°. We prefer this chicken grilled!If baking the chicken, heat the oven to 400° and place chicken breasts into a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the extra marinade over top the chicken. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches the temperature of 165°.
Use anywhere from 3-4 chicken breasts with this recipe. I normally use 3 larger chicken breasts and then cut each one in half (lengthwise) so I end up with 6 thinner pieces of chicken breasts.
For the garlic cloves you can use fresh cloves that you mince or press. Use garlic paste from a tube. Or you can use chopped garlic from the jar.
Marinade this chicken from 1-4 hours. I always do 4 hours and we love the flavor! But if you only have 1 hour then that’s fine too.
I have never added the crushed red pepper flakes because…. kids! 🙂 But feel free to add it if you some heat/spice to the chicken.
Calories: 383kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 30gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1277mgPotassium: 536mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 43IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 18mgIron: 1mg