Are you looking for chicken with cabbage recipes, but are tired of looking? Then you have come to the right place because I have compiled all of my favorite chicken with cabbage recipes for this one easy article.
We all love chicken recipes, especially this easy and tasty Chicken with Cabbage recipe. It’s an excellent source of vitamin A, B vitamins, and minerals. It is something you crave for.
Chicken Cabbage Stir-Fry
3 chicken breast halves, cut into strips
3 cups shredded green cabbage (1/2 head)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ cup water
1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add chicken strips and stir-fry, turning constantly until done.
- Add cabbage and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and seasonings. Add water and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken and cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add bell peppers or carrots to stir fry for color.
- Try stir fry with broccoli.
Chicken-and-Cabbage Fried Rice
One-dish meals make weeknight dinner a breeze, and Chicken-and-Cabbage Fried Rice is no exception. This family meal is ready in only 30 minutes.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups cored and chopped napa cabbage (about 1/4 small head)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated (about 1 cup total)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken, from a rotisserie bird (about 8 oz.)
- Step 1Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering. Add cabbage, onion and white parts of scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add ginger and garlic to skillet, toss to combine with cabbage mixture and stir-fry for an additional 15 to 20 seconds. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl or plate.
- Step 2Warm remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add rice, mix to coat with oil and spread out in pan (but don’t press flat). Let rice cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, then stir. Let cook undisturbed 1 minute longer, then push to edges of pan. Add eggs to center of pan and stir to scramble. Break eggs into pieces and stir into rice.
- Step 3Drizzle soy sauce over rice, add chicken and stir to combine well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer to warm through. Stir in cabbage mixture and half of scallion greens and continue cooking and stirring until warmed through, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining scallion greens and serve.
Spicy Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
BIG stir fry fan right here – but who doesn’t love a satisfying dish that cooks up in 10 minutes??
Whenever I’m pinched for time (or when energy is low!) I typically resort to stir frys because no matter what protein you use, they come together quickly. You don’t have to let something braise for days to get a bowl packed with flavor – Asian ingredients already have so much depth to them! They’re my favorite to use in a jiffy when I’m craving something savory but have little time to spare.
We almost always have chicken in the refrigerator (as so many of us do), along with a variety of pre-chopped veggies that I may have chopped myself or bought cut up for me because I was feeling extra bougie that day 😂 the best part about stir frys is that they are totally customizable based on what you happen to have on hand. After all, it’s allllll about the sauce anyway!
Spicy Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
Spicy, diced chicken, crunchy cabbage and bell peppers sauteéd in a soy-flavored sauce for a stir fry dinner ready in 20 minutes!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME10 mins
TOTAL TIME20 mins
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 1 cup shredded coleslaw mix (cabbages + carrots)
- 1 bell pepper red or orange
- 1 yellow onion diced
- olive oil or avocado oil for sautéing
spicy chicken marinade
- ½ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbs. honey omit for Whole30
- 1 tbs. ginger paste or 1″ piece, peeled and minced
- 1 tbs. sriracha
- 3 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- Combine ingredients for marinade in a plastic bag, then add in diced chicken. Let chicken marinate on counter top for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbs. of olive oil and when warm, add chicken pieces with tongs, shaking off any excess marinade. Let chicken cook for 3-4 minutes without touching, then toss to brown other sides and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in diced onion, bell pepper and coleslaw mix to pan and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Check to make sure chicken has cooked through by cutting through one piece!
- Serve stir fry on it’s own or over cauliflower rice, veggie rice or coconut rice!
Skillet Roasted Chicken with Cabbage
- SERVES: 6
- PREP TIME: 15 min
- COOK TIME: 1 hr
- CALORIES: 629
- GLUTEN FREE
- KID FRIENDLY
- ONE POT
Yet another super smart recipe that combines two of our favorite things—a spatchcocked chicken and homemade taco seasoning—to make a 3-ingredient dinner everyone will adore.
The Simplest Whole Roasted Chicken = The Simplest One-Pan Dinner
What’s easier than a roast chicken recipe? How about a roast chicken recipe that includes a cabbage in the roasting pan—or, in this case, skillet—so that when you pull that roast chicken out of the oven you don’t just have a gorgeous bird, you’ve got an entire, healthy, one-pan supper? If you’ve lived your whole life without roasting a bird, it’s not too late to learn. Few things compare to the ease and luxury of offering your friends and family a whole bird on a weeknight. This particular skillet roasted chicken is one of our very favorite chicken recipes—it’s so simple, and it (brilliantly) uses the delicious juices that drip out of the spatchcocked chicken as it roasts to season and braise the bed of shredded cabbage underneath the chicken. Efficiency, tidy, beautiful, this is a dinner that almost makes itself. In other words, a weeknight cook’s dream.
Wait, A 3-Ingredient Dinner? That’s Actually Delicious?!
Yep! Give us olive oil and salt for free—that seems fair right?—and you’ve got yourself a three-ingredient recipe! The whole chicken is the workhorse here—or should we say work-chicken? You see, a spatchcocked chicken in a cast iron skillet in the oven gets crispy skin on the outside, juicy-tender on the inside. It’s perfection. Because it’s spatchcocked, you can be certain that it’s going to cook really evenly. Cabbage is a perfect partner, it really soaks up all the drippings.
- A whole spatchcocked chicken
- A head of cabbage
- Taco seasoning
How To Make Skillet Roasted Chicken
Our goal with this chicken recipe was to create maximum chicken surface area to cover the cabbage as it roasts in the oven. Basically, you should think of the spatchcocked chicken as a blanket cooking your shredded cabbage to perfection. If “spatchcocking” is not a term you’re familiar with, fear not! Spatchcocking a chicken is not an advanced cooking technique and you can learn how to do it HERE. If you want to turn this one pan dinner into something a little heartier, mix some cubed potatoes in with the cabbage and let the chicken drippings do their work. Here’s how to cook chicken in a cast iron skillet:
- Spatchcock the chicken! Or, if you have a very nice butcher, ask them to do it for you.
- Put the shredded cabbage in large cast iron skillet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Lay the spatchcocked chicken on top.
- Sprinkle a bunch of taco seasoning all over that chicken!
- Roast! It’ll take about an hour, but the best way to check for doneness is to watch for an internal temperature of 165°F.