Chicken With Cheese Recipes: Most of my recipes are on the healthier side (but definitely not boring!) and include a photo. The ingredients are easy to find, and most are common items that you probably already have in your fridge or pantry. I love to cook, so this blog will be a great resource for adding fun to any dinner and giving you some new ideas. Plus, my family is on a tight budget, and eating out all the time gets expensive quickly.
BAKED CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS (+ VIDEO)
Cheesy chicken breasts have two kinds of cheese and a crunchy breadcrumbs exterior and are baked in the oven for an easy weeknight family dinner!
We’ve got some cold(ish) weather and lots of rain coming our way here in N.C. for the next 5-6 days. Can’t say I’m really looking forward to that. (If it were snow, that would be something else!)
BAKED CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS
Baked Cheesy Chicken Breasts
When you’re already stuck at home – for months and months and months now – it seems especially rough to also be unable to get outside and get some fresh air. Looks like we’ve got some more board games, puzzles, reading and movie nights coming up.
And it’s Valentine’s Day, so we’ll be doing some fun crafts and making some fun goodies for that. I’ll take whatever I can to break up the monotony! 😂
OK, let’s move right along to the food today.
Previously, I’ve shared my easy baked Parmesan chicken, which is great for a last-minute family dinner that has great flavor and a delicious crust.
Today, it’s a different version of that, and it’s a recipe that comes from my aunt. She gave me a packet of her favorite go-to recipes years ago and this one definitely drew my attention.
These cheesy chicken breasts have a combination of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese and they are buttery and crunchy and delicious.
They take just 10 minutes to prep and then bake in the oven for a hands-off dinner. You can focus on getting the sides ready, or grab a glass of wine.
Plus, they are super family-friendly, even for younger kids. Cheesy chicken is magic like that. 😂
So let’s get cooking.
Now, I’ve got some notes, tips and substitutions coming up on how to make baked cheddar chicken. Just tryin’ to be helpful.
If you want to jump on down to the recipe, simply scroll right on through the rest of the text. The recipe card is near the bottom of the page, above the comments section.
NOTES ON MAKING CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS:
- The recipe calls for regular plain dry breadcrumbs. You could also try it with Panko breadcrumbs. Or even use crushed butter crackers if you prefer.
- We love sharp white cheddar, but yellow cheddar would be fine too.
- Make sure your chicken breasts are a similar size so they cook in the same amount of time. (You can pound some out so they are an even thickness if needed.) Larger chicken breasts will take 40-45 minutes. If you have small or thin ones, check for doneness starting around 30 to 35 minutes.
Now you’re ready to eat, so let’s round out the rest of the meal. 👍
SERVING IDEAS FOR CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS:
– Serve this chicken with steamed rice, creamy polenta or easy Instant Pot mashed potatoes. Or serve alongside some baked or roasted potatoes.
– Add a simple side salad or some steamed broccoli, asparagus or green beans for an easy vegetable side dish.
– You can also slice this chicken and serve it over a big salad or in a wrap or grain bowl for a lighter meal. Drizzle everything with your favorite sauce or dressing and yum!
I love doing that last one with the leftovers for lunch later in the week. 👍
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS:
– This chicken is best eaten as soon as it’s ready, due to the crunchy breadcrumb exterior. However, you can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
– I recommend you slice the chicken before reheating — so it doesn’t dry out as it warms through.
– It also helps to reheat this chicken on a pan in the oven on low broil. It’ll help some of the crunch come back so it’s not a soggy breading. In my oven it takes about 8-10 minutes to warm back through.
– I do not recommend freezing this chicken. The breading won’t stand up to the freezing and thawing process.
So there you have it.
Next time you have a few chicken breasts and you don’t know what to make with them, give these cheesy chicken breasts a try.
Oh, and have a happy Valentine’s Day this weekend, even if you are just staying in with your kids for the 1,609,432nd night in a row. (No? Just feels that way? Hmm…)
Garlic Cheddar Chicken Bake
- Prep10 Min
- Total60 Min
Loaded with chicken, rice and plenty of cheddar cheese, this easy casserole is the definition of cozy comfort food. Plus, it’s not hard to make! It only requires 10 minutes of prep time before going into the oven.
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1package (14 oz) chicken tenders (not breaded), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix melted butter and bread crumbs until well mixed. Set aside.
- 2In baking dish, mix chicken, rice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until well mixed.
- 3Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bread crumb mixture evenly over rice mixture. Bake about 5 minutes or until crumbs are light golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Tips from the Pillsbury Kitchens
- Tip 1For best results, be sure to use regular long-grain white rice instead of instant rice since it will lose its texture when baked.
- Tip 2Don’t have garlic powder in your pantry? You can use fresh garlic, too. Substitute one clove of chopped garlic for every 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder. Of course, you can adjust the amount of garlic to your taste. Add more or less depending on your family’s preference!
- Tip 3If you don’t have any parsley on hand, you can also garnish this chicken bake recipe with fresh oregano or thinly sliced basil leaves.
- Tip 4Serve this delicious main dish with a fresh garden salad or cooked broccoli.
640 Calories, 29g Total Fat, 41g Protein, 53g Total Carbohydrate, 1g Sugars
Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken
Looking for easy baked chicken recipes? Well, go no further than this Bacon, Cream Cheese, Cheddar Chicken! What’s great about this recipe? It uses basic ingredients that just about everybody loves! Everything is baked together in one casserole dish. Chicken and 2 kinds of cheese. Try it and see for yourself! This chicken bake is low carb, high fat, KETO friendly, gluten free recipe.
Perfect recipe for those nights when you don’t have much time on your hands to fiddle with too many complicated ingredients. This recipe is very similar to my popular broccoli bacon cheddar chicken. Baked chicken recipes these days often include some sophisticated ingredients and complicated cooking techniques, but not here. It’s a KETO friendly, low-carb, and gluten free recipe.
This Bacon, Creamy Cheese, Cheddar Chicken is simple and delicious, with the minimum prep, and everything is baked in 30 minutes, just like in this ranch chicken bake! And, if you want to make your chicken bake with ham instead, you can make ham and cheese chicken.
And, in all of these recipes you use good old casserole dish.
- The recipe uses chicken breasts. You can also use skinless boneless chicken thighs and follow the recipe as is.
- The recipe uses shredded Cheddar cheese. You can use also use Colby Jack cheese (combination of Colby cheese and Monterey Jack cheese).
- Use small chicken breasts. If you purchased large chicken breasts, slice each one in half horizontally, to make it thinner. Or, purchase thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. The thinner the chicken breasts are, the quicker the dish will cook. On average, the chicken should be done in 20-30 minutes.
- Bake the chicken uncovered, so that the cheese on top gets crispy.
What makes this chicken KETO friendly recipe
- This recipe contains cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon. All these ingredients have high fat, low sugar content.
- This recipe contains foods that are high in protein but low in carb, such as chicken breasts.
- There is no flour, no grains, nothing with gluten in this recipe.
Steps to make this easy baked cream cheese cheddar chicken recipe:
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. Then, add chicken breasts.
Next, sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Top with cream cheese.
Next, top with chopped cooked bacon.
Finally, top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
Oozing with cream cheese, this bacon cheddar chicken is so good! I hope you enjoy it and leave your review!