Chicken With Cheese Sauce is a yummy recipe to make and share with your friends, family and kids. It’s great to make in the winter time when the kids are looking for something warm and tasty to fill their bellies with. The Cheese Sauce with Bacon added makes it extra special.
CREAMY CHICKEN CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
Creamy Chicken Cheddar Cheese Sauce – Chicken smothered in a rich and creamy cheddar sauce with parsley is a truly heartwarming, so cozy, and one perfect dinner meal. Very quick and easy dinner recipe idea to make from scratch which only takes you 30 minutes to make.
Where are all my cheese lovers? Oh boy, oh boy, you gonna love it!
If you like me, a proper cheese fan, then this dish will blow your mind!
If only I could, dip and bake and coat and roast and cover, and cook eeeevery dish in cheese. Oh yes, then I definitely would!
Am I crazy? Maybe just a little bit. Crazy about cheese!
Unfortunately, as much as I love cheese, it wouldn’t be the healthiest way to eat on a regular basis. Oh, well …
But hey, it won’t hurt occasionally to make one good cheesy meal. Right?
If you don’t love cheese, then you won’t understand and probably we can’t be friends.
P.S. Don’t have time now? Click on the pink button below to pin the post to your Pinterest Board and save for later!
Ok, ok, just kidding! We can still be friends…
And by the way, this Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese smells SO GOOD, you’ll be getting tons of compliments, for sure!
And everyone will think you spend hours and hours making this recipe, when in fact it will take you less than 30 minutes.
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE RECIPE
I’m all about easy dinner recipes. One-pan dinner recipes are my favorite (especially noodles) but I also like to make a simple sauce with chicken or just veggies and serve it over rice.
Add some freshly chopped cucumber and tomato salad and you’re done, that’s it! Super easy and tasty dinner is ready.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Creamy Chicken with Cheddar Cheese:
chicken breasts, boneless skinless
pinch of salt
For the sauce you’ll need:
a bunch of parsley
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHICKEN WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE
After you make this heavenly cheesy deliciousness it will become a staple in your house. Mark my words.
Moreover, you won’t need to buy a ready-made cheese sauce ever again, once you make it, you’ll never eat the store-bought sauce.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a tissue.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half, and then each piece into 3. Which will make a total of 12 chicken pieces.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat.
4. Season the chicken with salt and transfer to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Leave it aside.
(Cook on high heat, don’t reduce the heat. Cooking this way will result more tender chicken from the inside and slightly crispy from the outside.)
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add cream, take it to a boil, and reduce heat. Don’t boil! Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Then, top with grated cheese and chopped parsley, mixing everything well until cheese is melted.
8. Return chicken to the skillet and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Taste if you need more salt at this point. The cheddar is quite salty itself, so you might skip the salt.
10. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and your delicious dinner is served!
Cheesy Chicken Breasts
Boneless chicken breasts coated in a Ritz cracker crumb coating, pan-fried until crispy, and served with a cheddar cheese sauce. Kids really love these Cheesy Chicken Breasts and they make a wonderful mid-week meal.
Crushed Ritz crackers are one of my favorite things to use as a coating for chicken or a casserole. They cook up crispy and buttery and just give the chicken that extra something. Plus they already come nicely seasoned with salt.
Once coated in a Ritz cracker and flour mixture with a little Parmesan cheese and paprika, the chicken breasts are cooked in a little butter until browned and then finished in the oven.
The cheese sauce is thick and creamy and has plenty of cheese flavor from a cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
White rice and a garden salad make excellent sides for Cheesy Chicken Breasts.
Crunchy buttery chicken. Thick and creamy cheese sauce. It’s simple comfort food made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry and refrigerator..
No doubt about it, this is a meal you will want to cook again and again.
Cheesy Chicken Breasts
Boneless chicken breasts coated in a Ritz cracker crumb coating, pan-fried until crispy, and served with a cheddar cheese sauce.
PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 25 mins
TOTAL: 40 mins
- ▢4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ▢salt and pepper
- ▢2 egg yolks
- ▢2 tablespoons water
- ▢1 sleeve Ritz crackers, about 30 crackers
- ▢1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ▢1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ▢2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ▢1 cup milk
- ▢1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ▢1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢Parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg yolks and water.
- Pulse crackers in food processor until fairly fine crumbs are formed.
- In a pie plate combine cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup flour, paprika, and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture and then dredge in cracker crumb mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan. Add chicken, turn heat to medium-high and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place in baking dish and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for about 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in milk and cook until sauce simmers and thickens.
- Whisk in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese.
- Serve chicken topped with cheese sauce.