Chicken With Cumin Recipes is a collection of mouth-watering chicken recipes with cumin. If you love cooking and chicken, you will enjoy this app. The best thing about the recipes is, they are made in few minutes.
Chicken and cumin is a delicious combination! These chicken with cumin recipes will make you want to taste more chicken with cumin.
Cumin Baked Chicken Thighs
Fragrant and slightly spicy, these cumin-spiced chicken thighs are wonderful served with basmati rice
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Step 1Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3In a large bowl combine the olive oil, ground cumin, soy sauce and garlic. Toss the chicken in the marinade.
- Step 4Lay the chicken on the lined baking sheet skin side down. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and then bake for another 10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Step 5Garnish with cilantro and serve.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH CUMIN, PAPRIKA AND ALLSPICE
- 1(6 lb) roasting chickens
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1teaspoon ground allspice
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1large lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place chicken on rack in large roasting pan.
- Stir oil and next 7 ingredients in small bowl to form paste.
- Rub spice paste all over chicken.
- Roast chicken 1 hour.
- Squeeze juice from lemon halves over chicken, place lemon halves inside main cavity.
- Continue to roast until chicken is cooked through and thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175, about 1 hour longer.
- Transfer to platter, let stand 15 minutes.
Cumin Chicken with Rice Recipe
This one pan Cumin Chicken with Rice Recipe is topped with an easy Avocado Pineapple Salsa! This family-friendly meal is made with simple pantry seasonings yet it’s packed with bold flavor! Ready in 30 minutes or less, it is perfect for busy weeknights!
Hi friends! Happy Monday!? Before you give me that side eye, I know there is no such thing as a happy Monday… unless it’s a holiday of course!
Before we get to today’s amazing recipe I want to quickly say thank you to those of you who left beach suggestions in the NC and SC area on my last post! You guys rock! And, you also have fabulous taste, because every city looked amazing!!
0 seconds of 28 secondsVolume 0%
I’m thinking I should take a sabbatical and hit every destination you guys recommended. If only life and reality would stop getting in the way. Those two can be a real buzz kill. 😉
Cumin Chicken Recipe
This skillet chicken dinner has got it going on, my friends. Not only is it seriously scrumptious, but it’s also a cinch to throw together – requiring just 30 minutes! Plus, everything – the cumin chicken and fragrant white rice – all cook in the same skillet! Minus the salsa of course, that simply requires you toss a few ingredients together in a bowl. Easy-peasy!
This chicken and rice dish is a delicious mix of sweet and savory. The chicken is tender, and fantastically flavored with earthy cumin, warm coriander and zesty lime; while the rice is studded with fragrant yellow onions and smoky green chilies. All that gets topped off with a tropical, fresh avocado pineapple salsa.
The end result is a dish that is packed with flavor, yet a breeze to throw together. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a relaxing weekend where you don’t feel like slaving over dinner!
What is cumin chicken?
Cumin chicken is a fragrant, zesty chicken dish made of chicken breasts, or thighs, seasoned with various spices such as cumin, coriander and garlic. Cumin chicken can either be sautéed, roasted or grilled. It’s quick and easy to prepare and perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
This easy cumin chicken recipe is accompanied by green chiles studded long grain rice and pineapple salsa. It’s made entirely in one pan on the stovetop and ready in 30 minutes!
How much cumin to use for chicken?
The exact amount of ground cumin to use to season chicken will depend on the recipe. Generally, you should use 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin per chicken breast or thigh. Or, 1-2 teaspoons of cumin for a recipe that serves 4.
This one pan cumin chicken recipe uses a heaping 1/3 a teaspoon of cumin per chicken breast, or 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin for four.
How to customize cumin chicken recipe?
Cumin chicken is easily customizable! It can be seasoned with as much or as little flavor as you like! Mix and match seasonings to create a cumin chicken recipe that is perfect for you and your family!
Seasonings to use with cumin marinated chicken:
- Onion Powder
- Ground Coriander
- Ground Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Lime Juice
- Honey or Agave
What to serve with cumin powder chicken?
This easy cumin chicken recipe is cooked right on top of long-grain rice and served with an easy, refreshing homemade avocado pineapple salsa. While I used basamati rice, you can use any variety of long-grained rice you would like.
Looking to serve a crowd or a hungry family? Here are some delicious side options that pair well with cumin chicken:
- Black beans
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Tomato Salad
- Roasted, Grilled or Sautéed Broccoli
- Grilled or Sautéed Bell Peppers
- Salsa Verde
- Pico de Gallo or Picante Sauce
- Roasted Corn Salad or Salsa
How to serve cumin Carribean chicken?
Tender, zesty cumin chicken is perfect for having on hand and can be served in a variety of ways!
How to use cumin flavored chicken:
- Slice chicken and use it in tacos or enchiladas
- Chop chicken and use it on nachos
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add it to soups such as tortilla soup
- Thinly slice chicken and add it to salads
- Sauté your favorite vegetables and serve chopped cumin chicken on top
How to make Cumin Chicken easy at home?
Cumin chicken is easy to prepare and can be made in just one pan! This simple recipe can be ready and on the table in 30 minutes!
Tips for the best one pan chicken with cumin rice
- As with all marinades, you can let the chicken sit for as little as 30 minutes, or as long as overnight. Obviously I recommend you let the chicken sit overnight because this will produce more flavor. But whatever you do, make sure you turn the chicken over occasionally so the marinade evenly coats the chicken.
- Use long grain rice here. Long grain rice contains less starch, which means the grains are more separate and not sticky. This isn’t sushi or risotto, so stick with the long grain variety. I used Basamati, but any long grain rice will do.
- The salsa will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but it tastes the best on the day it is made. It only takes a few minutes to dice up the ingredients and toss them together. You can do it while the chicken and rice are cooking, so I highly recommend you make the salsa on the day you are going to eat it. If you want to make it in advance, do not add the avocado until ready to serve.
- I like my food spicy, especially when it is a little somethin’-somethin’ spicy in a sweet dish. Therefore I used all of the jalapeno, seeds and ribs, in my salsa. But by all means, if spicy just isn’t your thing, remove and discard them. No harm, no foul. I don’t judge.
Transport your taste buds to the tropics – and give your dishwasher a break while you are at it – with this super easy Chicken and Rice.