Chicken with Garlic sauce Chinese Take Out is great for a quick dinner or lunch. The Chicken With Garlic sauce Chinese Take Out is flavorful and easy to prepare! Made from high quality ingredients, each bag has 8 ounces of product. Chicken with Garlic sauce is substantial and tasty enough for a meal. It’s an excellent choice for dinner, lunch, or a snack. Traditional Chinese Take Out Chicken with Garlic Sauce recipe
Takeout Style Chinese Garlic Chicken
Chinese Garlic Chicken Stir Fry is a takeout favorite! Tender chicken in an easy-to-make Chinese garlic sauce – this delicious recipe is a dish the whole family will love!
The sauce is made with easy-to-find ingredients, plus I share my secret to getting the best and most tender chicken at home. It is a stir fry game changer!
You can have this Chinese Chicken with Garlic Sauce on the table in well under 30 minutes. It is easy to make at home and tastes better than takeout. Serve it with some rice and stir-fried veggies for a delicious, easy weeknight meal.
What is Chicken with Garlic Sauce?
Chicken with Garlic Sauce is also known as Chinese Garlic Chicken or Chinese Chicken with Garlic Sauce.
It is a delicious chicken stir-fry with a thick garlicky sauce. The sauce is super savory and has that unique taste and texture that get with all takeout dishes.
This easy stir fry consists of chicken, beansprouts, spring onions/green onions, and plenty of garlic.
The sauce is made with ingredients that are easy to find in your larger grocery store – Chicken broth, cornstarch, Chinese cooking wine (see below for more details), soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil.
Chinese Garlic Chicken Ingredients
Chicken: Chicken breast is perfect for this recipe; it cooks quickly and is tender and lean. Perfect for a stir fry!
Baking Soda: This is also known as bicarb of soda, bicarbonate of soda, and sodium bicarbonate. Don’t get it muddled with baking powder!
Spring onions/green onions: These add a unique and authentic Chinese taste to the dish. They are chopped into chunky lengths and are used as a vegetable and an aromatic.
Garlic: The garlic is the star of the show here, so it is well worth using fresh garlic and slicing it yourself. It will taste better.
Chicken Broth: Use a low sodium broth to avoid an overly salty sauce. It also wants to be cold so that the cornstarch dissolves smoothly without lumps. You can sub in veg broth.
Chinese Cooking Wine: Chinese Cooking Wine is also known as Chinese Rice Wine, Shaohsing Rice Cooking Wine, Shaoxing wine, or Shaoxing Cooking Wine. But don’t get it confused with rice wine vinegar; that will not taste good!!!! You can find it in most grocery stores in the Asian section, on Amazon, or your local Asian grocery store. If you can’t find Chinese Cooking Wine, just use dry sherry or sake.
Oyster Sauce: This is easy to find these days; most grocery stores will stock it near the soy sauce.
Cornstarch/Cornflour: This helps to thicken the sauce and give you that classic Chinese takeout sauce consistency. Without it, the sauce will be watery and thin. If you prefer a thinner sauce, you can add half the amount.
Why You’ll Love this Chinese Garlic Chicken!
- You can get it on the table in under 30 minutes.
- It’s a healthier version of a Chinese takeout favorite.
- It’s easy to add a little heat (see recipe adaptions below)
- Perfect for the whole family, kids love the tender chicken.
- Add extra veg: You can add carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, Asian greens, asparagus, or sugar snap peas to this recipe.
- Add some spice: You can add a teaspoon of sriracha or chili paste to the sauce for those who love heat in their stir-fry. Or stir fry some fresh chili along with your sliced garlic.
- Add sweetness: Add a teaspoon of honey to your sauce for an extra level of sweetness.
- Substitute the meat: The chicken breast can be substituted for sliced skirt steak or pork tenderloin. Both can be tenderized in the same way.
CHICKEN WITH GARLIC SAUCE CHINESE
Chicken with Garlic Sauce Chinese – quick and easy simple and traditional style Chinese chicken with garlic sauce ideal to have in your Chinese takeout menu. You can quickly make this delicious Chinese recipe within 5 to 10 minutes if you have already marinated the chicken.
Whenever I want to make something to serve with fried rice or butter rice then the first idea of this recipe comes to my mind. The unique taste of marinated chicken with garlic brings deliciousness to my table. I love it to make and my family loves to eat.
Traditional & most popular Chinese recipe, Chicken with Garlic Sauce is a quick and easy chicken blended with a flavor of garlic and soya sauce. Mouthwatering dish to serve with rice.
CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE CHINESE
You can make this recipe with Chicken wings, thighs, or breasts.
Here I prepare this by slicing 2 chicken breasts.
Chicken breast slices dipped in soya sauce and vinegar with garlic powder and black pepper give it a significant flavor and aroma while cooking. Then freshly chopped garlic with green chilies makes a perfect combination to saute chicken in light vegetable oil. I used capsicum and onion to neutralize the flavor with chicken but if you want you can add some more options.
In Chinese food or cuisine, the flavor of soya sauce or Sheng Chou (生抽) and vinegar brings a quality taste with the thickness of cornstarch. I personally love it not because of the taste but also love the aroma while cooking.
WHAT IS CHICKEN IN GARLIC SAUCE?
It’s a stir fry marinated chicken prepared with the flavor of garlic, soya sauce, and vinegar. Super delicious in taste and one of the most demanding Chinese takeout dish in a restaurant. Served with rice or noodles.
5 TIPS TO MAKE BEST GARLIC CHICKEN
These tips will help you to make perfect garlic chicken:
- The addition of garlic powder along with fresh garlic makes it more strong in a garlicky taste and flavor.
- A combination of vinegar, garlic powder, and soya sauce creates a perfect taste in the sauce.
- Cook the marinated chicken on high heat makes it tender and juicy.
- Capsicum and onion neutralize the flavor with chicken and garlic sauce to make it more scrumptious.
- You can also add sesames at the top while serving. This is optional!
HOW TO MAKE?
- Chicken (Sliced) – 2 Breast
- Dark soya sauce – 2 Tsp
- Vinegar (Synthetic) – 1.5 Tsp
- Salt – ½ Tsp
- Black Pepper – ½ Tsp
- Garlic Powder – ½ Tsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 Tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Chicken Broth – 1 Cup (Use water if you don’t have)
- Onion Sliced – 1 Medium
- Capsicum Sliced – 1 Medium
- Green Chilies – 3
- Cornflour – 2 Tsp
- Slice the chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, add soya sauce, vinegar, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Now add chicken and give it a good mix.
- Marinate chicken for 01 hour.
- In a pan, add oil (Vegetable/sesame) and heat it up.
- Add grated garlic and green chilies.
- Saute until it changes color and gets aromatic.
- Now add marinated chicken and cook on high heat until the chicken changes its color.
- Now add onion and capsicum slices and stir fry with chicken.
- Add chicken broth and cover the lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes to tender the chicken. (If you are using thick chicken pieces then give it more time to get tender).
- In the meanwhile, prepare cornstarch mixture and chicken broth.
- Add in chicken after 5 minutes.
- Stir quickly and cook for 5 more minutes on low medium heat to settle the chicken sauce thickness.
- Now the chicken is ready to serve.
Tasty and delicious Chinese “Chicken with Garlic Sauce” is ready to eat.