Who doesn’t love a delicious Chicken With Maple Syrup Recipe? Whether you want to simply cook up some Maple Glazed Chicken or learn how to make an easy Chicken With Maple Skewers recipe, we’ve got the best Chicken With Maple Syrup Recipes for you to try! Maple Syrup is an ingredient that appears in many recipes but usually gets a lot of love around Thanksgiving time. I have some more exotic yet delicious recipes here for you to try.
Chicken With Maple Syrup Recipes
- 4-lb. whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Heat the oven to 400°F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven. Place the chicken breast-side down on a chopping board. To get rid of the backbone, cut along both sides of it with kitchen shears. Turn the chicken over and use the heels of your palms to slightly flatten the breasts. The chicken should be seasoned with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, then placed breast-side up in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish (the chicken should fit snugly).
- Whisk together the maple syrup, oil, vinegar, thyme, cayenne, and 1 tsp. salt in a small basin. Over the chicken, evenly distribute the mixture. Add a quarter teaspoon of salt and several grinds of black pepper to the chicken. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the deepest part of the thigh should read 170° to 175°F after 45 to 50 minutes of roasting the chicken. Baste or brush the bird occasionally with the pan juices. (Pay attention to the juices in the pan; if they appear to be burning, add a few tablespoons of water to the pan’s bottom.)
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before cutting it into pieces and serving it right away with pan juices.
Serve with roasted potatoes and sautéed greens.
Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Easy to prepare and sure to satisfy your family and guests is maple-glazed chicken breasts.
To make these amazing Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts, please get high-quality maple syrup. Your completed chicken breasts will taste better the better the maple syrup is. The glaze that is produced by the maple syrup is lovely and delicious. This delectable chicken may be grilled over a BBQ or baked in your oven.
Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts Recipe:
- Prep Time
- 15 mins
- Cook Time
- 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Keyword: Maple Glazed Chicken Recipe
- Servings: 2 servings
- Calories: 204.5 kcal
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh-squeezed (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless or 2 chicken breasts with ribs
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Place the chicken breasts in the bag and turn to coat with the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate chicken for 2 hours, turning several times.
- Cooking Techniques:
- Oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade – see below), and place on a baking pan; cook approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife)
- Barbecue: Preheat barbecue grill (spray grill with vegetable-oil cooking spray). Remove chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade), and place chicken onto hot grill and brush with balsamic vinegar glaze. Cover barbecue with lid, open any vents, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife).
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan an bring to a simmer over medium heat. Let the mixture cook until it reduces by half, approximately 4 to 5 minutes; remove from heat. Pour the marinade over the tops of the cooked chicken before serving.
- Makes 2 servings.
The United States Department of Agriculture, food regulatory authorities in the UK, and other organizations advise against washing poultry. Rinsing chicken won’t significantly reduce or eradicate the amount of bacteria present, and spraying water around the sink can disperse the bacteria present in raw chicken. The most frequent causes of food-borne disease are effectively eliminated by cooking poultry to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
SLOW COOKER MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN
The famous paleo maple mustard chicken dish calls for just 5 ingredients. This simple Instant Pot or slow cooker chicken recipe is also referred to as the finest chicken in the world.
The greatest chicken in the world is reputedly made from this recipe. You can find this recipe all over the internet by searching for “greatest chicken in the world.” This is my slow cooker adaptation. Is it actually the finest chicken in the world? In my view… Although I’m not sure if I can, it’s very awesome. Truly a winning combination, maple and mustard taste even better when cooked with chicken.
WHAT CUT OF CHICKEN TO USE
You can use your preferred cut of chicken for this dish, whether it be chicken breasts, legs, thighs, or wings, as you can with many of my other recipes. The chicken breasts depicted in the images are skinless and boneless. Here are some suggestions for employing various chicken varieties:
- If you use chicken breasts, be aware that white meat is easy to overcook & dry out. When it’s done cooking, I suggest you turn off the appliance or remove the food immediately. Don’t let the chicken sit in the appliance on the warm setting because it will continue to cook.
- If you use skinless chicken meat with the Instant Pot, you do not have to saute the meat first. Add the meat directly to the pressure cooker raw.
- If you use skin-on chicken, whether you’re using the slow cooker or Instant Pot, you have the option to broil the chicken afterwards to crisp the skin. When the chicken done cooking, remove it from the appliance, place it on a baking sheet & then under the broiler for a few minutes.
MAPLE & MUSTARD
At my neighborhood grocery store, I discovered pure maple syrup. Make sure your maple syrup doesn’t include any additional substances if you follow the paleo diet. Of course, honey can be used in place of maple syrup if necessary.
The original recipe for this chicken—the best in the world—is baked, not cooked in a slow cooker or an Instant Pot. Normally, I don’t include baking instructions, but I’ve baked this and it was still delicious. The baking instructions for this chicken with maple mustard are provided below.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and add place the chicken breasts in the dish. Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Make sure each piece is coated.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
I use a 6-quart slow cooker or Instant Pot to make this recipe.
SLOW COOKER/INSTANT POT MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN (PALEO)
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water (for Instant Pot only)
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, maple syrup, and red wine vinegar.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and add to the slow cooker. Pour sauce on top.
- Cook HIGH 2-3, LOW 4-6.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, maple syrup, and red wine vinegar. Add 1/3 cup broth or water if you’re using the Instant Pot.
- If you are using skinless chicken add the chicken directly to the Instant Pot & pour the maple mustard mixture on top.
- If you’re using skin-on chicken: Turn the pressure cooker to sauté. Once hot, add the oil and chicken skin-side down and sear, few minutes until browned. You might need to do this in batches depending on the cut of chicken you use. Remove chicken from the pressure cooker and set aside. Pour the maple mustard mixture into the Instant Pot and deglaze the bottom by scraping all the bits off with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- Close lid and seal valve. Set high pressure for 12 minutes. When cook time is up, quick release the pressure. Make sure internal temperature for the chicken is 165° Fahrenheit.