Chicken with Mozzarella recipes is the most sought after recipes on most social media sites today. There are some incredible Chicken With Mozzarella Recipes that could be enjoyed by people of all age groups.
Chicken with mozzarella recipes are great for as a quick and healthy dinner, or for lunch if you’re looking for something light.
Chicken With Mozzarella Recipes
chicken with mozzarella and garlic and tomatoes. Think of a dish with deliciously soft chicken, cherry tomato sauce, basil, and cheese. It just takes around 30 minutes to prepare this totally amazing combination. It’s the ideal comfort food for the whole family and will no problem please even the pickiest visitors. Serve with a substantial side salad and spaghetti or some toasted ciabatta.
These delicious chicken fillets will win you over! The best thing, though? There will be plenty of sauce left over to smother all of that deliciousness with a side of spaghetti or some ciabatta. After taking a bite, you’ll know this is one of those foods you’ll adore.
What to serve with garlic tomato chicken and mozzarella?
- pasta like spaghetti, linguine or penne
- crispy garlic butter potatoes
- potato wedges
- green beans
- fresh salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar
- crusty bread or toasted ciabatta
- substitute crushed tomatoes for chery tomatoes in cans.
- Use mozzarella balls instead of grated mozzarella because they have a higher moisture content, will melt into the sauce, and will thicken it up more.
- You may prepare the dish in 20 minutes by cutting the chicken breast fillets into cutlets.
- This recipe can be prepared on the stovetop or finished in the oven to achieve a golden brown top.
YIELD: SERVES 4
Garlic Tomato Chicken with Mozzarella
Create Pinterest Pin
4.7 Stars (3 Reviews)Print
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME25 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tsp salt, black pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika
cherry tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup/60 ml white wine, like Pinot Grigio
- 1 tsp salt, black pepper, dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz/400 g) cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 2 mozzarella balls, chopped
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- crushed red pepper flakes, for sprinkling
- Before you begin cooking, complete all the preparations: finely chop the shallot, mince the garlic, and cut the mozzarella into cubes.
- On all sides, sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder over the chicken fillets.
- If used, preheat the oven to 200 °C/400 °F.
- In a sizable (ovenproof) skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken fillets and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly done and browned on both sides, over medium heat. Take out of the skillet, then put on a plate. Wrap with foil.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and shallot, cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Deglaze with white wine, simmer for 2 minutes, stir with a wooden spoon while scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Add salt, pepper, dried basil and tomato paste. Cook, while stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, stir to combine. Add canned cherry tomatoes, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Adjust salt, if needed. Meanwhile, chop the basil leaves.
- Chicken should then be tucked in between the cherry tomatoes. mozzarella cubes and basil are added. Add some grated Parmesan, black pepper, and red pepper flakes over top. Allow it boil for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the mozzarella has just begun to melt. Alternately, you might place the skillet in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes, or until golden. Serve!
Calories Per Serving: 337 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Chicken mozzarella bake
Bashing the chicken to flatten it means it’ll cook really quickly, and layering it with tomato keeps the meat deliciously moist
- Feeds 2
- Ready in 30 minutes
Each serving contains
- Energy16%1341kj 321kcal
- FatMed 28%19.4g
- SaturatesHigh 31%6.1g
- SugarLow 28%7.5g
- SaltLow 28%0.8g
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 8g
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 275g vine tomatoes, sliced
- Half tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 Co-op fresh British chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 x 125g ball Co-op lighter mozzarella, sliced
- Serve with 175g green beans and Co-op Irresistible sourdough (optional)
- Set the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6 before using.
- The spring onions should be cooked in half the heated oil for 2 minutes to soften them.
- Chop two-thirds of the tomatoes and add them, along with the ketchup and oregano, to the pan.
- Cook for five minutes at a low heat until pulpy.
- each chicken breast horizontally in half.
- To make them thinner, place them between two sheets of clingfilm and pound them with a rolling pin.
- Brown for 2-3 minutes on each side in the remaining oil.
- In a small ovenproof dish, distribute half of the cooked tomato mixture on the bottom.
- Add half the chicken, then add the leftover cooked tomato, the rest of the chicken, and the mozzarella slices on top.
- Top with the tomato slices and bake for 15 minutes.
- If desired, serve with green beans and crusty bread to sop up the juices.
EASY MOZZARELLA CHICKEN
The finest weeknight meal that the entire family will enjoy is this simple mozzarella chicken. Chicken breasts that have been expertly pan seared and then covered with homemade tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. A low-carb dish that only requires one pan to prepare!
ONE SKILL CHICKEN MOZZARELLA BAKE IS EASY
A quick evening meal that only requires one skillet and takes 10 minutes to prepare is my Mozzarella Chicken Bake. With just one pan, it’s easy to prepare on the stovetop, and cleanup is quick. It has a ton of flavor, is filling and hearty, and is excellent as leftovers as well.
WHY WE LOVE THIS SKILLET CHICKEN AND MOZZARELLA BAKE RECIPE
- Quick and easy to make – only a 10 minute prep time.
- Uses healthy, fresh ingredients.
- Perfect for a weeknight family dinner.
- Delicious served as leftovers.
- Super easy clean up -only 1 skillet needed for this recipe!
- Low-carb chicken recipe.
INGREDIENTS / SHOPPING LIST
- Boneless, skinless chicken
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic -you could also use jarred minced garlic if you don’t have fresh garlic.
- Canned, crushed tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Granulated sugar
- Onion powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream -you can use 2% or whole milk if you don’t have heavy cream.
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh parsley
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- FRESH SPINACH: A simple, delicious, and healthy addition to the sauce is to mix a cup of spinach in it.
- JARRED ROASTED RED PEPPERS: For a bit of a kick, jarred roasted red peppers can be added to the tomato sauce. You could also add red pepper flakes if you really like things spicy.
- MOZZARELLA: You can substitute shredded mozzarella for fresh, but it will not give the same creaminess as the fresh mozzarella.
HOW TO MAKE MOZZARELLA CHICKEN SKILLET
This recipe is so simple and since it only uses a single skillet, the clean up is just as easy as the cooking process. In under an hour you have a delicious dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
- Lay the chicken breast on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken breast in a skillet on the stovetop (about 5-8 minutes for each side).
- Using the same skillet, cook the minced garlic. Then add crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and heavy cream.
- Add chicken breast to the tomato sauce. Cover and continue to simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add 1 slice of fresh mozzarella to each piece of chicken.
- Broil in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- To Store: You can keep any leftovers for up to three days in an airtight container.
- In an airtight container, this chicken bake can be frozen for up to one month. Then thaw it in the refrigerator and heat it in the microwave.
- Reheating: This reheats easily and is perfect for leftovers. Put it in the microwave, cover it, and reheat it to the desired temperature.
The entire family will enjoy this simple weekday meal of skillet chicken and mozzarella bake. Fresh mozzarella cheese is melted on top of perfectly seared chicken breasts that have been covered in homemade tomato sauce.
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME40 mins
TOTAL TIME50 mins
SERVINGS6 chicken breast
- ▢6-8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ▢2 tsp kosher salt
- ▢1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ▢2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ▢2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- ▢28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ▢2 tbsp rough chopped fresh basil
- ▢2 tsp dried italian seasoning
- ▢2 tsp granulated sugar
- ▢1½ tsp onion powder
- ▢1 tsp kosher salt
- ▢½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ▢3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ▢2 tbsp heavy cream
- ▢6 slices fresh sliced mozzarella
- ▢1 tsp freshly chopped flat parsley
- The chicken breast should be placed on a baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper should be applied to the chicken breast on both sides.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the breast for 5 to 8 minutes per side while covered.
- Put the breasts on a baking sheet after removal.
- Set the stovetop to a medium-low setting.
- Stir continuously for 30 seconds while adding the freshly minced garlic to prevent burning.
- Add the sugar, onion powder, kosher salt, cracked pepper, dry Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes, fresh basil, and crushed tomatoes. Stirring often, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler in the oven.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese after stirring. Set the thermostat to low.
- To the tomato sauce, add the chicken breast. For 5 to 8 minutes, simmer with the cover on.
- Take the skillet from the stove. Each chicken breast should have a slice of fresh mozzarella on it.
- Until the mozzarella is melted and bubbling, broil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- After taking the dish out of the oven, let it cool for five minutes.
- To Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To Freeze: This chicken bake can be frozen for up to 1 months in an airtight container. Let it thaw out in the fridge and microwave to heat.
- To Reheat: This is great for leftovers and reheating it is a breeze. Simply pop it in the microwave, cover it, and reheat to your preferred temp.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKEN
Chicken is one of the most widely consumed meats in the world. It is a versatile food that can be cooked in many ways and is also a good source of protein. However, the health benefits of chicken go far beyond just being a protein source. In this article, we will look at 10 health benefits of chicken.
- Protein source Chicken is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscles, bones, and tissues. It is also important for maintaining a healthy immune system. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains about 31 grams of protein, making it a great protein source for people who are looking to build muscle or maintain a healthy body.
- Weight management Chicken is a low-calorie and low-fat food that can help with weight management. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains only 165 calories and 3.6 grams of fat. It is also a good source of dietary protein, which can help reduce appetite and increase satiety, leading to fewer calories consumed overall.
- Heart health Chicken is a good source of niacin, which is a B vitamin that helps to lower cholesterol levels. High cholesterol levels can increase the risk of heart disease, so eating chicken can be beneficial for heart health. Additionally, chicken contains low levels of saturated fat, which can also help to lower the risk of heart disease.
- Brain health Chicken is rich in vitamin B6, which is important for brain function. Vitamin B6 helps to produce neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that transmit signals in the brain. A deficiency in vitamin B6 can lead to depression, confusion, and other neurological disorders.
- Immune system health Chicken is a good source of zinc, which is important for a healthy immune system. Zinc helps to produce white blood cells, which are the cells that fight off infection and disease. Additionally, chicken contains vitamin A, which is important for a healthy immune system and helps to keep the skin and mucous membranes healthy.
- Bone health Chicken is a good source of phosphorus, which is important for bone health. Phosphorus works with calcium to build strong bones and teeth. A 100-gram serving of chicken breast contains about 200 milligrams of phosphorus, which is about 20% of the recommended daily intake.
- Energy production Chicken is a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for energy production. Vitamin B12 helps to convert food into energy that the body can use. A deficiency in vitamin B12 can lead to fatigue and weakness.
- Skin health Chicken is a good source of niacin, which is important for healthy skin. Niacin helps to keep the skin moisturized and prevents dryness and flakiness. Additionally, chicken contains vitamin E, which is important for healthy skin and helps to protect against damage from the sun and other environmental factors.
- Vision health Chicken is a good source of vitamin A, which is important for vision health. Vitamin A helps to maintain healthy eyesight and prevent vision loss. Additionally, chicken contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that help to protect the eyes from damage caused by free radicals.
- Mood regulation Chicken is a good source of tryptophan, which is an amino acid that helps to regulate mood. Tryptophan is important for the production of serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that helps to regulate mood, appetite, and sleep. A deficiency in tryptophan can lead to depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to serve Mozzarella Chicken Bake
You can serve this over your favorite type of pasta, steamed veggies, or rice. Because it lacks vegetables, I like to serve it with a big, hearty salad. The sauce is also delicious for dipping garlic cheese bread into.
Can I make Skillet Chicken and Mozzarella ahead of time?
I wouldn’t recommend making it too far in advance because it’s best fresh and hot. However, if you want to speed things up, you could pre-cook the chicken in advance so it’s ready to go. Then, just add your sauce and cheese, heat, and you’ve got dinner ready to serve!