Chicken with Orange Juice is a recipe that will help you impress your loved ones. Chicken with Orange Juice is a good choice when you are preparing for an outing or party. Chicken with Orange Juice tastes delicious and is admired by children, my mother’s chicken to Chicken with Orange Juice difference.
Orange-Garlic Chicken Breasts
Servings:4 to 6 servings
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)SAVE RECIPE
Garlic and orange juice help to flavor this simple, light chicken. You can use regular orange juice, but frozen orange juice concentrate will add more flavor and color to the sauce. Serve this easy skillet chicken dish with rice or potatoes and a side vegetable or salad—steamed broccoli or green beans are excellent choices or serve the chicken with a Caesar or a tossed green salad.
Boneless chicken breasts cook very quickly, and because of their low-fat content, they become quite dry when overcooked. Depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, the cooking time can vary greatly, so using an instant-read thermometer is the best way to be sure of doneness. According to foodsafety.gov, the chicken must be cooked to a minimum temperature of 165 F before serving.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 6 to 8 ounces each
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, optional
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, or cilantro
Steps to Make It
- Slice a chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 cutlets. Pound between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to thin evenly, about 1/2-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining 2 chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts lightly with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the green onions and garlic; continue cooking, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, orange juice, brown sugar (if using), and a dash of hot sauce. Pour over the chicken and garlic mixture.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. The temperature of the chicken should register at least 165 F on a food thermometer.
- Arrange the chicken on plates and top with some of the pan juices. Sprinkle with minced parsley or cilantro.
- When a recipe calls for flattening a chicken breast half and the chicken breasts are large (in the 6- to 8-ounce size), consider first slicing them horizontally to form 2 cutlets. Flatten the thinner cutlets just enough to make them even in thickness. One full serving of chicken breast is about 3 1/2 to 4 ounces.
CHICKEN WITH ORANGE JUICE AND FRESH HERBS
- 4 -6chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2cup orange juice
- 3tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons dry sherry
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 2tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place on a lightly oiled grill over medium hot coals and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, combine all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce over top.
Fresh Orange Juice Marinated Chicken
Utilize the fresh product in your kitchen in this savory marinated chicken recipe.
- Hy-Vee Monthly Ad
Servings and Ingredients
Serves 4Select All
|Add (8-oz.) Hy-Vee True boneless skinless chicken breasts||2 (8-oz.) Hy-Vee True boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|Add fresh orange juice||¼ c. fresh orange juice|
|Add Gustare Vita olive oil||2 tbsp. Gustare Vita olive oil|
|Add fresh lime juice||1 tbsp. fresh lime juice|
|Add garlic, minced||2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|Add medium shallot, finely chopped||½ medium shallot, finely chopped|
|Add Hy-Vee Dijon mustard||1 tsp. Hy-Vee Dijon mustard|
|Add plus 1/8 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cumin, divided||½ tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cumin, divided|
|Add Hy-Vee salt, divided||¾ tsp. Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|Add mini cucumbers , cut into ribbons||4 mini cucumbers , cut into ribbons|
|Add orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips||½ orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|Add orange, peeled and cut into segments||1 orange, peeled and cut into segments|
|Add fresh dill, chopped, plus additional for garnish||2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped, plus additional for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Paper towels
- Large resealable plastic bag
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Large rimmed baking pan
- Parchment paper
- 4 serving plates
- Step1Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut each breast in half horizontally to make 4 cutlets. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine orange juice, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, shallot, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Step2Combine cucumber ribbons, bell pepper strips, orange segments, 2 tablespoons dill, remaining 1/8 teaspoon cumin, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step3Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and rest 5 minutes.
- Step4Divide salad among 4 serving plates. Slice chicken; serve with salad. Garnish with additional dill, if desired.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 5g
- Added Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 27g