Chicken With Pasta Recipes For Dinner. If you are looking for the best chicken with pasta recipes for dinner, look no further! The internet is full of many fabulous recipes for you to prepare tonight for your family. Different cuisines around the world have been using pasta in their recipes for years!
15 minute Chicken Pasta
Chicken and pasta cooked in a garlic tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella & parmesan cheese cooked in just 15 minutes and will become your new favorite weeknight meal!
Today I’m going to share a quick and easy family recipe that’s cheesy and delicious. It’s perfect for the weeknights when you are looking for a “quick” meal to serve the family. It’s almost a skillet meal except for the part of boiling the pasta in another pot. Aside from that, it’s all in one pan.
Kids love this recipe because it doesn’t have any “veggies” and I love it because of it quick and easy. It’s loaded with a ton of cheese which is like my biggest weakness! I dare you to look at the cheese and not want to dig right in!
The trick to making the pasta in a jiffy is to put the water to boil first before doing anything else. This will cut cooking time significantly and allow the pasta to cook while you work on the rest of the recipe.
While the pasta is cooking, saute the chicken breasts with garlic and onion, and bell pepper. One thing I love about cooking with chicken breast is that they cook incredibly fast! 10 minutes max and you’re done!
After I sauteed the chicken for a good 5 minutes I added the pasta sauce and let it simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, after that, I added the cooked pasta some cheese on top and watched it melt!
At this point, you can go ahead and eat the pasta as is or you can place your pan under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese until it’s bubbly and begins to turn golden.
Quick and Easy 15 minute Chicken Pasta
15 Minute Chicken and pasta cooked in a garlic tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella & parmesan cheese will become your new favorite weeknight meal!
Keyword: chicken, dinner, pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH salt, pepper, & garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- 3 cups cooked pasta 1.5 cups dry pasta
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of salted water to boil, pour 1.5 cups of uncooked pasta and 1 tsp salt into the water. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut chicken breasts and, onion and bell peppers. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy-duty pan or pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and sautee 30 seconds or until lightly golden. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, & garlic powder and saute until the chicken is browned and almost cooked through.
- Add the marinara sauce and allow to simmer for 5 minutes while the pan is covered. After 5 minutes, drain the water from the pasta and pour pasta on the chicken mixture. Mix well, add the cheese and turn off. The cheese will melt from the heat of the pan. If desired, broil the cheese under the broiler in the oven until bubbly.
- Top with Parmesan and enjoy!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Homemade Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is such a simple and quick recipe, perfect for weeknight dinners. Juicy chicken breast tossed in tender pasta in a creamy cajun garlic sauce.
All you need is a slice of Focaccia Bread to soak up the creamy sauce, plus a simple Caesar Salad for a memorable pasta night.
Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
We love recreating our favorite recipes and this copycat recipe for Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is going to become a family favorite!
POPULAR RIGHT NOW
Creamy pasta with pieces of tender and juicy cajun flavored chicken in the most delicious homemade cajun sauce. You will love all the flavors from the dish and it comes together in under 30 minutes so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- Pasta – For this recipe, we used linguine pasta but you can use any type of pasta: angel hair, linguine, fettuccine, elbow, macaroni, penne, bow tie pasta will all work great.
- Chicken – We used chicken breasts but chicken thighs will work as well.
- Cajun Seasoning– You can use your favorite store-bought cajun seasoning. You’ll also need salt and pepper.
- Garlic– Freshly minced or finely chopped garlic will give the best flavor, but you can substitute with 1 tsp dried garlic, or add it to taste.
- Butter – for sauteing garlic and adds flavor to the sauce.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Makes the sauce rich and creamy.
- Parmesan – Grated parmesan cheese or shredded parmesan will work great.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Cook Pasta – boil in a pot of salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Prepare Chicken – Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a saucepan, pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness and season both sides with cajun seasoning. Saute the chicken in a skillet with oil until fully cooked then slice into strips.
- Make the Sauce – In a deep skillet, saute the garlic in butter 30-60 seconds or until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the cream, remaining cajun seasoning, and parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer.
- Combine – Add the pasta and sliced chicken to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve – Top with parmesan and parsley to serve.
Pro Tip: You can adjust the spiciness in the pasta by adding more or less of the Cajun seasoning.
Variations and Add-Ins
- Vegetables – you can add cooked broccoli or asparagus to the pasta when tossing everything together.
- Vegetarian pasta – leave out the chicken or substitute chicken with mushrooms.
- Substitute the chicken – try sliced sausage or kielbasa instead of chicken. You can also make it a seafood pasta like our Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
- Lighter pasta – try using half and half or light cream to cut the calories, but keep in mind the sauce will be thinner.
This restaurant copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is sure to please. If you love comforting pasta dishes, check out the list below for more dinner inspiration
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is such a simple and quick recipe, perfect for weeknight dinners. Juicy chicken breast tossed with tender pasta in a creamy cajun garlic sauce, ready in 30 minutes.
Skill Level: Easy
Cost to Make: $10-$12
Keyword: cajun chicken pasta
Course: Main Course
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 Tbsp salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water then drain, cover, and keep warm.
- Beat the chicken breasts so that they are even in thickness and season all over with 1½ Tbsp cajun seasoning.
- In a large non-reactive skillet*, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides. Turn heat down to low and saute until cooked through and 165˚F on a thermometer. Transfer to a cutting board, slice into thin strips, and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, saute the butter and garlic for 30-60 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, remaining cajun seasoning, and parmesan cheese, and bring to a simmer. Season to taste if needed.
- Add the sliced chicken and cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until combined and pasta and chicken are warmed through. Add warm reserved pasta water if desired to thin the sauce. Serve with freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
*Avoid using cast iron or copper pans anytime you are making a creamy sauce with an acidic product like tomato or it will react and make the sauce grainy.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Amount Per Serving
Calories 483Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18g113%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Vitamin A 2368IU47%
Vitamin C 6mg7%