Ahh, the classic chicken-with-pepper jack cheese wrap. It’s the essential appetizer dish, a crowd favorite and — not to be biased or anything — but I make it better than anyone else I know. My take on this simple dish is sure to add a new spin on an old classic.
If you love the sound of spicy and well-flavored chicken, then this recipe is for you. The pepper jack cheese adds an extra kick to the heavily seasoned crusted chicken flavored with garlic and onion.
Chicken With Pepper Jack Cheese
|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
(Nutrition data is calculated using an ingredient database and is only a rough approximation.)
Your preferred barbecue sauce, bacon, and pepper jack cheese are sprinkled on top of browned, boneless chicken breasts before they are baked.
This is a tasty, easy meal that is sure to impress. Serve the chicken either with baked beans and potato salad or with rice and a green salad that has been torn up.
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons thick barbecue sauce
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Steps to Make It
- assemble the components.
- Set a baking dish aside after greasing it. Oven temperature set at 375 F.
- Cook the bacon in a pan or oven until almost crisp. Drain by removing to paper towels. For even speedier prep, cook the bacon the day before and store it in the refrigerator.
- To dry, pat the chicken. Between pieces of plastic wrap, place a chicken breast half and pound to a consistent thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Do the same procedure to the remaining chicken breast halves. Completely coat with flour after dredging.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic half and toss it into the butter mixture. After around 30 seconds, take out and discard the garlic.
- After the chicken is golden and cooked through, add it to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. A thermometer with an instant read setting should read 165 F.
- In the baking pan, arrange the chicken breasts. Each chicken breast half should have around 1 tablespoon of thick barbecue sauce applied to it. Add one or two slices of bacon on top. To coat the chicken, cut half-slices of bacon. Add a slice of pepper jack cheese on top of the bacon.
- Until the cheese has melted, bake the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes.
- If preferred, add cilantro right before serving.
- Enjoy after serving.
A sizable baking sheet or roasting pan should be lined with foil if you plan to bake the bacon in Step 2 rather than fry it. Next set a cooling rack or broiler pan inside the pan. On the rack, arrange the bacon strips. For about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bacon is as crisp as you prefer, bake at 375 F.
Chicken Breast W Pepper Jack Cheese N Spinach
Ingredients For Chicken Breast W Pepper Jack Cheese N Spinach
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How To Make Chicken Breast W Pepper Jack Cheese N Spinach
- 1Set the oven to 180. (350 degreesf ). Flatten the chicken to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Spinach, pepper jack cheese, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and Cajun spices. Each chicken breast should have around 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture on it. Each chicken breast should be securely rolled. Use multiple toothpicks to secure the seams. A little amount of skill is needed for this step, and I usually stuff 8 toothpicks into each roll to make sure no filling leaks out. Make sure to keep track of the total number of toothpicks used! Each chicken breast should be olive oil-brushed. All over, evenly distribute the Cajun seasoning mixture. Chicken should be topped with any remaining spinach and cheese (optional). Put the chicken on a baking sheet covered with tin foil, seam side up (for easy cleanup). Bake the chicken for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it is thoroughly done. Before serving, take the toothpicks out. Make sure you have gotten every last toothpick out by counting. Serve medallians whole or sliced.
Who would have thought that this straightforward chicken and pepperjack cheese casserole would be so flavorful?
This casserole is very mouthwatering! I’m continually learning about and in awe of the fantastic flavors you can create with such basic components.
You don’t have to double it; I did because I adore cheese. I also used up the last of the mushrooms I had in the fridge, but if you don’t have any or like mushrooms, omit them. The casserole will still taste great without them even though I added them.
This is delicious with spaghetti or rice. It was a big hit when I served it with jasmine rice.
Who’d believe this easy-to-make chicken and pepperjack cheese casserole would be a flavor sensation?
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Course: Chicken, Comfort Foods
Keyword: chicken recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp butter divided
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6-12 slices pepperjack cheese*
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms optional
- 2 cups seasoned poultry stuffing i.e., Pepperidge Farms
- *If you like your cheese extremely cheesy, use the 12 slices.
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the melted butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create two thinner breast portions before preparing them.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan so that they cover the bottom entirely.
- Place mushrooms on top of the chicken breasts, if using.
- Put the cheese slices over the chicken and mushrooms, totally encasing them.
- Combine the milk and soup in a small basin. Spread the liquid evenly over the casserole’s top before pouring more over it.
- Melt the final 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Spread the stuffing evenly over the casserole’s top and top with the 4 tbs. melted butter.
- Bake the casserole at 350 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the top is bubbling.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1022mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 916IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 2mg
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKEN
Chicken is a popular meat that is widely consumed all over the world. It is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Here are some of the health benefits of chicken:
- High in Protein: Chicken is a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissues.
- Low in Fat: Chicken is low in fat, particularly saturated fat, which is beneficial for heart health.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken is rich in vitamins B6 and B12, which are important for brain function and nerve health. It also contains zinc, which is important for boosting the immune system, and phosphorus, which is important for bone health.
- Boosts Metabolism: Chicken contains niacin, which helps to boost metabolism and convert food into energy.
- Improves Heart Health: Chicken is a good source of potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Promotes Brain Health: Chicken contains choline, which is important for brain health and can help to improve memory and cognitive function.
- Supports Immune System: Chicken contains selenium, which is important for immune system function and helps to fight off infections and diseases.
Overall, chicken is a healthy and nutritious food that can provide numerous health benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet.