Chicken with ranch dressing in a crock pot is a super easy recipe that will surprise you with how awesome it tastes! It’s one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. I like to serve this with a side salad and dinner rolls. Not only is it delicious, but it makes the house smell amazing while dinner is cooking in the crock pot.
SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN (CHEDDAR RANCH CHICKEN)
This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (Cheddar Ranch Chicken) is an addicting concoction of chicken, cheese, bacon and perfectly seasoned with ranch dressing. Cooking this in the slow cooker takes all the work out of it and makes it a super simple hearty dinner on busy days.
Things are called “crack” for a good reason. They’re just so good you get addicted. You just can’t enough like this Best Christmas Crack Recipe. This Crack Chicken is amazing especially when made with Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix.
Crack Chicken Recipe
What is “Crack Chicken” exactly? It consists of the traditional toppings of cream cheese, ranch, cheddar, and bacon. This has all the same fantastic tastes as the Crack Dip, but it has been given meal status by the addition of chicken. Now you can have a bowlful without feeling guilty, unlike if you were to eat a bowlful of dip only.
Everyone like this keto-friendly cuisine since it is so adaptable. It’s a filling, creamy, and rich supper. It’s like the little black dress of dinners—perfect for any occasion. Depending on the situation, you may dress it up or down; either way, it’s a winner.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is perfect for a simple and delicious recipe. This is a great crowd pleasure recipe or easy for your weekly meal prep. The leftovers are perfect for a variety of recipes as well.
PREP TIME:5 minutes
COOK TIME:2 hours 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME:2 hours 35 minutes
- ▢2 lbs chicken breast
- ▢1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning or two tbsp homemade ranch seasoning, 1/2 tsp reserved
- ▢1/2 cup chicken broth
- ▢8 oz cream cheese softened
- Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot. Lay the chicken breast on top, then top with the ranch seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, remove the chicken and shred it. Drain the broth, reserving 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Place the shredded chicken, the reserved ranch seasoning and broth, and cream cheese back into the crock pot and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve on top of rice, in pita pockets, stuffed in baked potatoes, or any of the other ideas mentioned in this post!
- This recipe can be doubled. Cooking time may increase.
- To store leftovers, put in an airtight container and :
- Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days
- Freeze for up to a month
- Dietary Considerations:
- If you are gluten free, use homemade ranch seasoning and ensure the chicken broth you choose is gluten free.
- This is a naturally low carb meal.
Nutritional information has been supplied, but it may not be correct depending on the brands you buy or the changes you make to the recipe. For the most accurate computation, I advise utilizing a nutrition calculator with the precise brands and measurements you use.
- Simply take the chicken and veggies out of the crock pot if the sauce starts to separate after the chicken has finished cooking. That issue ought to be resolved by whisking the sauce together.
You can then add the chicken back to the slow cooker.
What to serve with Creamy ranch chicken?
- Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls – These are very easy to make and perfect for dipping into the creamy sauce.
- Caesar Salad – This is so simple and a delicious side dish.
- Steamed Broccoli. Only 3 minutes and you can have a great side dish. It is tasty and perfect for busy weeknights.
- Garlic Lime Steamed Asparagus– This is so quick and the flavor is amazing with Ranch Chicken.
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks -Garlic bread stuffed with cheese is the perfect bread to serve with this chicken. It is perfect for dipping and so delicious.
- Try mixing it up with the vegetables. Green beans are yummy with the chicken. This would also be a great way to make this a one pot meal.
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. You can even mix both together.
- Try using red potatoes. These are delicious in this one pot meal.
- Add a second can of cream of chicken soup. You can add an extra can if you like even more sauce.
- Add chicken broth. The consistency can be thinned by adding chicken broth.
- Use cauliflower instead of potatoes. If you are trying to reduce carbs, use cauliflower as a substitution for the potatoes. The rich gravy makes even cauliflower tasty.
- Omit the potatoes. Skip the potatoes in the crock pot and serve this recipe over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
- Cream Soup. More ideas include: cream of mushroom and cream of celery. Another idea is to mix two different types of soup in this recipe.
How to store
Put leftovers inside an airtight container. Place in the fridge up to 5 days.
How to reheat
Individual servings can be cooked through in the microwave for 60 seconds. Simply whisk the sauce until it’s creamy if it separates.
Later in the week, this is fantastic for lunch. Over who gets the leftovers, we quarrel among ourselves. Really, it is that good.
Make this a freezer meal.
This can be prepared in advance, requiring only a quick toss into the crock pot.
In a freezer bag, place the chicken. After combining the sauce, pour it into the bag with the chicken.
Before starting to cook, freeze. Wait until you are ready to put everything in the slow cooker before adding the potatoes and carrots.
Cook as usual, then indulge. This is a fantastic method to reduce some of the prep time.
I enjoy making one batch of food and freezing another. Given that you have all the materials out, it really doesn’t require much more work. Additionally, you’ll have a second simple supper for later.