If you are looking for a Chicken With Ricotta Cheese Recipe. This is it. This meal will fit the bill every time. The combination of flavors and the presentation is great, plus the whole family will love this dish. The ricotta cheese just adds that little extra something to the recipe that everyone loves.
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake
This Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake is a quick, easy, and delicious Italian dish your whole family is sure to love. My husband said this was so good. Don’t be intimidated by stuffing the chicken, it only takes a few minutes. You’ll just slice the breasts almost in half to create a top and bottom, open them up, and spread the filling on one side. It’s so simple! The Italian seasoned chicken is stuffed with a flavor mixture of ricotta cheese, basil, parsley, mozzarella cheese and egg, and it’s topped with your favorite pasta sauce and melty mozzarella cheese. I love to serve this with a side salad with balsamic or Italian dressing, but it would also pair wonderfully with a side of pasta. A serving of this Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake is super filling and just 345 calories, 10 grams of carbs, or 7 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple myWW SmartPoints, so you may even want to pair it with some wine or a sweet treat for dessert!
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake
prep time: 15 MINS
cook time: 35 MINS
total time: 50 MINS
This Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Bake is a quick, easy, and delicious Italian dish for the whole family.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup shredded 2% mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (24 oz total)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pasta sauce, I used Francesco Rinaldi original
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, ricotta, ¼ cup of the mozzarella, basil, and parsley and stir until well mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Sprinkle both sides of the breasts with salt, black pepper, and the Italian seasoning. Using a sharp knife, slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Open each breast at the slit. Divide the ricotta mixture evenly amongst the four breasts and spread across the surface of one side (leaving the other half empty to fold over the filling). When all four breasts are topped on one side, fold the empty half over the filling to make a stuffed breast.
- Transfer each stuffed breast to a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon the pasta sauce over the chicken and around the dish. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chicken with the remaining ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Don’t worry if some of the ricotta filling leaks out into the sauce, you can just heap it all on top when you serve it!
To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!
345 calories, 10 g carbs, 7 g sugars, 9 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 52 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
Easy ricotta-stuffed chicken breasts
Test kitchen approved
- SERVES 4
- HANDS-ON TIME 25 MIN, OVEN TIME 30 MIN
The flavours of sun-dried tomato and fresh basil in this gluten-free recipe gives a Mediterranean feel to a midweek chicken dinner.
- GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES
NUTRITION: PER SERVING
CALORIES603KCALSFAT22.2G(7.8G SATURATED)PROTEIN55.9GCARBOHYDRATES42.2G(5.6G SUGARS)FIBRE5.6GSALT1G
- Olive oil for roasting, frying and dressing
- 4 large floury potatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, squeezed of excess oil and juice, chopped
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 150g ricotta
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 4 large free-range chicken breasts, skin on
- Salad leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Pour a thin layer of oil into a shallow baking tray, then put in the oven to heat up. Chop the potatoes into 2cm cubes. When the oil is very hot carefully add the potatoes to the tray, season generously with salt and pepper, then roast for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not coloured. Scoop out the garlic with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind, then set the pan aside. Put the garlic in a bowl, then add the semi-dried tomatoes, basil, ricotta, lemon zest and some of the juice, and the parmesan. Season and mix.
- Put the pan with the garlicky oil over a high heat and sear the chicken on each side until golden. Remove to a board and slice into the top of the chicken breasts, so they open out like a book. Stuff with the ricotta mix. Put on top of the potatoes for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time and roast until the chicken is cooked through.
- Dress salad leaves with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice, then season. Serve with the roast chicken and potatoes.
Easy Ricotta Chicken – Low Carb and So Delicious!
Hello! My name is Regan and I am obsessed with ricotta cheese! I absolutely love the stuff. To be honest, I could eat it straight out of the container by the spoonful, but I TRY not to do that often. This Easy Ricotta Chicken is a made from scratch recipe with a short ingredient list, a super satisfying taste and it is also low in carbs and just healthy overall. Serve this chicken with some fresh veggies or a salad to keep things low carb, or with some whole wheat pasta to get a healthy dose of fiber.
Here are some tips for making my Easy Ricotta Chicken:
- You can buy the pre-sliced thin chicken breast cutlets at the grocery store, or you can buy regular boneless skinless chicken breasts and slime them yourself. I usually opt for the second option because it is a little more budget friendly.
- If you would rather use a pre-made pasta sauce, that is fine! Just spread the pasta sauce out in the skillet and then lay the seasoned chicken on top.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you are serving a crowd or if you would like leftovers!
- To make this recipe a little more mild or spicier, you can alter the amount of crushed red pepper that you use (or even eliminate it).
These are the ingredients that you will need for this Low Carb Chicken Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Diced tomatoes
- Thin sliced chicken breasts
- Ricotta cheese
I recommend the following products for this one dish ricotta chicken recipe:
- Cast iron skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons
I would love to hear what you think of this. Please let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to select a star rating. Thank you and enjoy!
Easy Ricotta Chicken
This Easy Ricotta Chicken is made completely in one skillet. It is absolutely delicious, low carb and the clean up is so simple!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: baked, cheese, chicken, diced tomatoes, garlic, keto, low carb, low carb high fat, Pasta, red pepper, ricotta, tomatoes
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 33.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts thin sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper and italian seasoning. Sautee for 2 minutes, or until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and sautee for 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher, mash the tomatoes slightly. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts on top of the tomato sauce. Spread the ricotta on top of the chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Sodium: 2342mg | Calcium: 238mg | Vitamin C: 26mg | Vitamin A: 772IU | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 1184mg | Cholesterol: 140mg | Calories: 415kcal | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fat: 20g | Protein: 45g | Carbohydrates: 14g | Iron: 4mg