I love teriyaki, and I love chicken dishes. So I decided to combine my two loves into one amazing dish — Chicken With Teriyaki Glaze. The best way to cook chicken breasts is on the grill. It gives them a nice smoky flavor that you can’t get from other cooking methods. But I do understand that not everyone has access to a grill or the weather in your area won’t allow for grilling in the summer time. This recipe can also be cooked indoors in the oven.
TERIYAKI GLAZED CHICKEN
I almost always have all those ingredients on hand too. This is a great one to save when you need a quick dinner idea…like every night!
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken is an easy, delicious baked chicken dish with a sauce that perfectly balances the sweet, spicy, and salty Asian flavors.
GET MORE DINNER IDEAS!
Join our exclusive recipe club and get our newest recipes directly in your inbox.YES! GIVE ME RECIPES!I consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.
I was staring at a package of chicken tenders in the refrigerator trying to figure out a new, delicious, easy yet different way to fix them. I knew I wanted to bake them.
TRENDING RECIPE VIDEOS
Crock Pot Chuck Roast Recipe VideoPlay Video
Since I had soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and ginger on hand, I decided to make a baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken.
And the result tasted amazing! The key is balancing the sweet, spicy, and salty flavors of the sauce. You may wish to adjust the sugar to make it either sweeter (or less sweet) or adjust the sriracha to either make it spicier or less spicy based on your preferences.
This made a perfect lunch with a vegetable and rice.
How will you serve this Teriyaki Glazed Chicken?
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out the Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry recipe for a quick, 20-minute weeknight meal.
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Recipe
Teriyaki Glazed Chicken is an easy, delicious baked chicken dish with a sauce that perfectly balances the sweet, spicy, and salty Asian flavors
CourseChicken, Main Dishes
KeywordTeriyaki Chicken, Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Prep Time30 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Total Time1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 15 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
EASY CHICKEN TERIYAKI WITH MARINADE
This easy chicken teriyaki is marinated then grilled, baked, or stir fried until perfectly cooked and juicy! Glaze with teriyaki sauce for the best chicken teriyaki that’s better than takeout! Works great with chicken breast or chicken thighs!
Chicken teriyaki is one of the most simple, flavorful Japanese meals you can make at home!
It’s a versatile dish that can be made with skin-on or skinless chicken thigh or chicken breast. The chicken teriyaki marinade is an authentic, simple three ingredient marinade that’s the perfect balance of sweet, savory, and umami.
- Chicken – Use boneless skin-on or skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast. Flatten so it’s about ¾ inch thick for even cooking.
For the marinade, you’ll need the following:
- Low sodium soy sauce – Use low sodium soy sauce for the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- Mirin – Mirin is a Japanese cooking wine that gives this dish its restaurant quality taste!
- Sugar – Sugar is what gives teriyaki chicken its signature sweet, glossy finish.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TERIYAKI
- Flatten the chicken to be ¾ inch thick for even cooking.
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, and sugar and reserve half for later use. Marinate the chicken with the remaining half for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Grill or Pan: Heat a grill or pan over medium high heat and place the chicken skin-side down (if using skin-on). Flip and cook the other side. Add desired amount of the remaining marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking to reduce into a thick glaze. Internal temperature should register 165 degrees F.
- Bake: Bake chicken in a 400 degree preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until fully cooked. During the last 5 to 7 minutes, brush on the reserved sauce. It will thicken into a delicious teriyaki glaze.
- Serve with steamed rice and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Mirin – Substitute with sake or white wine. For a non-alcoholic substitute, use stock or water with a few drops of vinegar or lemon juice.
- Sugar – Substitute with honey, brown sugar, or agave.
- Soy sauce – Substitute with tamari, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
Stir fry chicken teriyaki – Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, no need to marinate. Stir fry with half the marinade mixture until chicken is fully cooked and marinade is thickened into a sauce. Add any vegetables you’d like during the last 5 minutes.
Teriyaki sauce – Feel free to add garlic, ginger, or green onions.
Spicy chicken teriyaki – Add red pepper flakes, sriracha, or chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers.
BAKED TERIYAKI GLAZED CHICKEN
Chicken breasts are covered in a homemade teriyaki glaze then baked to perfection! This Baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken will become your family’s new favorite dinner.
This Baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken is one of the most delicious, healthy and easy recipes I’ve made in awhile! We absolutely loved it! We’re back to eating a lot of chicken now that the holidays are over, so I’ve been searching for new ways to make it. I found this amazing recipe browsing good ol’ Pinterest and was so glad I did. It is loaded with flavor. A new family favorite, for sure!
The glaze is made up of a few simple ingredients I bet you have in your pantry right now. The other plus is that it’s so easy to make. Great for weeknight dinners after a long work day!
Baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Total Time1 hour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- freshly sliced green onions, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cornstarch, water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Stir mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles; about 10 minutes or so. Once sauce thickens remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the sauce evenly over the chicken. Place dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. (Internal temperature of chicken needs to be 165 degrees F.)
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice and veggies 🙂