Chicken with tortellini recipes are among my favorites. It’s a very versatile dish and is delicious as well. I can’t help of sharing a few chicken with tortellini recipes with you. I love these wonderful chicken with tortellini recipes. I hope you’ll enjoy them too!
So you are looking for some delicious chicken with tortellini recipes? If so, you’re in luck. I have put together this collection of tasty, easy to make Chicken With Tortellini Recipes just for you.
One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe
One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe – A delicious and easy dinner recipe packed with chicken, zucchini, cheese, and tortellini! Get ready for a wonderful, picky-eater approved, 30-minute meal prepared in just one pot!
Italian Chicken Tortellini is the perfect and quick pasta recipe for your weeknight dinners with chicken, fresh mozzarella, tortellini and veggies. It’s very easy to make and it tastes incredible.
You guys, my family loved loved loved this meal. Normally, I try to stay away from pastas and lots of cheeses, let alone talk too much about them on Diethood, buuuuut, some things just deserve to be told. That is the case with this One Pot Italian Chicken Tortellini Recipe.
First of all, don’t know if you can recall – probably not and I don’t expect you to – but this recipe came about after I made that Creamy Chicken Pesto Tortellini recipe for us a few months back. Because I was left with several boxes of frozen cheese tortellini, I decided to make something similar to it, but with marinara sauce in place of the creamy pesto sauce + zucchini + all in one pot. And in 30 minutes.
WHAT WE WILL NEED…
- box of frozen cheese tortellini
- cream cheese
- marinara sauce
- chicken broth
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT ITALIAN CHICKEN TORTELLINI
- Cut up the chicken into bite sizes and brown on all sides.
- Cut the zucchini into half-moons; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine wine and chicken broth and whisk until incorporated.
- Add marinara sauce and cream cheese to the skillet; whisk until cheese is melted, then stir in the broth mixture.
- Stir in tortellini, zucchini, and chicken; cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella slices over the top, broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; garnish with basil ribbons and serve.
Simple, delicious, elegant and quick! One pot dinners can’t get much easier than this. Just several ingredients plus a bit of time, and dinner will be ready in a flash.
Cheesy Chicken Tortellini
- Prep35 Min
- Total35 Min
What’s not to love when you combine tortellini, chicken, and broccoli in a flavorful sauce made with chicken broth, milk, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese? This dinner is a true kid-pleaser!
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 8oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 2teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2packages (9 oz each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1cup milk
- 6oz cream cheese, cubed (from 8-oz package)
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- 2In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; add broccoli. Cook and stir over medium heat about 3 minutes or until broccoli is bright green. Add garlic to skillet; cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- 3Add chicken broth and tortellini. Heat to simmering; cook 3 minutes. Stir in milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is melted; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- 4Add chicken back to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1Broccoli florets are sold prepackaged and can be trimmed to bite-size pieces, making this meal extra easy to throw together.
- tip 2Pasta sauce thickens as it cools.
ONE POT CREAMY PARMESAN CHICKEN TORTELLINI
This One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken Tortellini is a family friendly meal that’s ready in no time! It’s packed full of golden brown chicken, veggies and tortellini, all in a creamy parmesan sauce.
Hi, it’s Sara from Dinner at the Zoo bringing you a super easy dinner recipe that’s perfect for those hectic weeknights! Chicken and pasta are always a great combination, and in this case I’m using tortellini instead of your standard pasta. This recipe starts with the chicken – you can use chicken breasts or chicken tenders here, simply cut them into 1 inch pieces. The chicken goes into a hot pan and gets cooked to golden brown perfection. Next comes the tortellini and some chicken broth. I use a refrigerated fresh tortellini for this dish, you can choose your favorite flavor. I tend to make this dish with cheese tortellini. The nice thing about tortellini is that they only take a few minutes to cook!
After the tortellini is cooked, I add in some cream and parmesan. The final step is to add in your veggies. I wilt some spinach in the sauce and stir in some fresh tomatoes. Other great veggie options would be kale, drained canned tomatoes or even thawed frozen broccoli. The final touch is a sprinkling of parsley and you’ve got dinner perfection!
This chicken with tortellini is perfect as-is or serve with a simple green salad or garlic bread. I love that this is a meal my whole family will eat without complaint, and that there’s only one dish to clean at the end!
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH TORTELLINI
This one pot chicken with tortellini is a family friendly meal that’s ready in no time! It’s packed full of golden brown chicken, veggies and tortellini, all in a creamy parmesan sauce.
PREP TIME5 MINUTES
COOK TIME15 MINUTES
- ▢1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders cut into 1 inch pieces
- ▢20 ounces of refrigerated tortellini
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢2 tablespoons flour
- ▢2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- ▢1/2 cup heavy cream
- ▢1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ▢1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- ▢1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ▢salt and pepper to taste
- ▢2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is browned and just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt; whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the tortellini to the pan and bring to a boil; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure tortellini is coated with liquid.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with the spinach. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Fold in the tomatoes. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and serve.
Calories238kcal (12%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)Protein4g (8%)Fat22g (34%)Saturated Fat12g (60%)Cholesterol61mg (20%)Sodium699mg (29%)Potassium221mg (6%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A848IU (17%)Vitamin C19mg (23%)Calcium102mg (10%)Iron1mg (6%)