Chicken with Worcestershire sauce is always a hit in this household. Good thing since it’s one of my favorite recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen! This one-pan recipe comes together in about 30 minutes, making it an easy weeknight dinner that doesn’t skimp on flavor!
- 2boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb total)
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pat chicken dry and place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- With a meat pounder, flatten chicken lightly to about 1/2 in thickness and season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick skillet heat oil over moderate heat and cook chicken until lightly browned, approximately 6 minutes on each side.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice, and simmer until chicken is cooked through,about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a platter.
- Simmer sauce until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Sautéed Worcestershire Chicken
Cook: 25 mins
Total: 35 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 ½ pounds thin chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- Step 2Warm 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter foams. Add half of cutlets and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until firm and browned on both sides, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3Add another 1 Tbsp. each butter and oil to skillet and repeat with remaining cutlets. Add to platter and keep warm in oven.
- Step 4Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and chicken broth to empty skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. butter until it is melted. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE
The Best Chicken Marinade Recipe makes chicken extra juicy and flavorful. This savory marinade makes grilled chicken mouthwatering!
THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPE
When we were newly married, we lived near Dean’s brother, his wife, and two kids. We were living in an apartment, going to college full-time, and working crazy hours to pay the bills. We were poor little college students and would love when Deron and Sarah would invite us over for dinner. Their go-to meal was grilled chicken in a delish marinade. They knew how much we loved it so we ate it almost every time we had dinner at their home.
10 Best Quick + Easy Dinner Recipes
So I had to ask her what was in this amazing chicken marinade recipe. It is beyond simple! I decided to tweak it and add a few more flavors to make it extra tangy and zesty.
This Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe is made with extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. You have such a variety of seasonings in this marinade.
The extra virgin olive oil keeps the chicken extra moist and juicy. The fresh lemon juice and balsamic vinegar break down the fibers in the chicken to make it tender. The soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce give it a salty depth of flavor. The brown sugar adds some rich sweetness and gives the chicken a nice crust when grilled. All of the ingredients work together in such harmony to make the perfect chicken marinade!
The key is to let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes. Pierce the chicken breasts with a fork all over to ensure the marinade can seep into the chicken to make it juicy. An idea marinating time is 4 – 5 hours.
To grill the chicken, set your grill at medium heat. Allow it to preheat before adding the chicken. To keep the chicken from sticking, brush a bit of oil on the grill. Cook for about 5 – 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. The chicken needs to reach 165 degrees to ensure that it is completely cooked through.
Use whatever types of chicken you prefer — chicken breasts, thinly sliced chicken breasts, chicken tenders, or chicken thighs. Chicken tenders and thinly sliced chicken breast will cook much quicker than thick chicken breasts so watch carefully.
The Best Chicken Marinade Recipe
Melissa Stadler, Modern Honey
The best chicken marinade for juicy flavorful grilled chicken.
PREP TIME: 30 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
CALORIES: 224 kcal
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breasts Tenders, or Thighs
- ⅓ – ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil depending on preference
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced or ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pierce chicken breasts with a fork all over. Place in a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. 4 – 5 hours is ideal.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place chicken on the grill. Cook for approximately 5 – 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
Calories: 224kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 33gFat: 3gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1291mgPotassium: 633mgSugar: 10gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 5.5mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1.1mg