Cornflake Chicken With Mayo is a great recipe for anyone and takes about 10-15 minutes to cook. If you happened to be reading this post on Sunday, then you have a great night ahead of you. I wanted to inspire you to get in the kitchen, roll up your sleeves (or up your cute little arm-sleeves), and cook an awesome meal. This Southern Chicken recipe is so incredibly good and simple to make.
They are crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, and juicy as can be. This cornflake chicken will become your favorite chicken recipe very soon. Even if you’ve never tried this type of chicken before I promise that you’ll like it. I absolutely love this chicken recipe! Chicken parmesan is always great. Chicken parmesan with corn flakes on the outside is even better! Fried chicken is a thing of
notoriety in the South, and it’s so down-home, you might think it’s impossible to make for anybody else who isn’t from the South. Surprisingly enough, though, this recipe for cornflake chicken will give anybody a taste of Southern cooking. Low on calories and high on flavor, If you love mayonnaise and always have a tub in the fridge, you’ll love it even more when you discover the health benefits of mayonnaise…
Cornflake Chicken With Mayo
Cornflake Chicken With Mayo is one of the most popular chicken recipes from my site. If you are looking for an easy dinner idea comfort food that you can make your family, then this is a great meal to start learning how to cook. Mayonnaise and cornflakes in a very tasty and delicious way. To quench your Sunday evening and Monday morning breakfast needs, this Cornflake Chicken With Mayo recipe is the answer.
Cornflake Chicken is an easy baked chicken breast recipe. Seasoned chicken is coated with a cornflake crust and baked in the oven to make them nice and crispy.
This is one of the best baked cornflake chicken recipes. The cornflake crumb crust stays crispy because you only put it on top and the mayonnaise makes this a tender and juicy chicken. It taste like fried chicken but is a little healthier.
Baked Cornflake Chicken Ingredients
To make this easy and delicious crispy chicken dish, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe below for amounts and directions):
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: Boneless skinless chicken is great for this recipe because it can easily be flattened down. You can also use chicken tenders as well.
- Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise keeps the chicken juicy and tender. You can always substitute it with buttermilk for a slightly healthier option.
- Plain cornflakes: Just plain cornflakes do the trick for this. They add a wonderful crunchy bite to your chicken in a way that breadcrumbs just won’t do. If you have leftovers, use them to make Funeral Potatoes.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt: I prefer to give the chicken a light coating of salt and pepper before the corn flake coating to make sure that it is properly seasoned. You can always skip this optional step if you want to watch your salt intake.
- Black Pepper
How to Make Cornflake Chicken
This chicken dinner is so easy to make – all you have to do is add a crumb crust to the chicken and bake!
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Tenderize chicken. Pat the boneless skinless chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken in a plastic bag or wrap in plastic wrap. Flatten chicken by whacking it with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer until it is ½ inch thick on all sides. Set aside.
- Make cornflake crust. Mix and crush corn flakes, garlic powder, onion, powder, salt, and black pepper together. (Tip: you can use a food processor for this step.) Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise over the top of each piece of chicken. Coat each piece of chicken in the crushed cornflakes.
- Bake the chicken. Place the chicken in a single layer on a parchment or aluminum foil lined sheet pan or baking sheet. Do not overlap pieces. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked, has an internal temperature of 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy! Let chicken rest for 5-7 minutes before cutting.
How Do You Keep Breaded Chicken From Getting Soggy In The Oven?
I prefer baked over fried chicken because it is easier to make in my opinion. There are a couple of methods you can use in order to prevent the chicken from becoming soggy in the oven.
- Even though it sounds strange, spritzing the chicken with a cooking spay (I recommend an olive oil cooking spray). This will help the chicken to crisp up a little faster, keep the crushed cornflakes on the chicken, and keep the chicken from becoming soggy.
- Another method that I use to keep my chicken dry for this recipe is to only coat one side of the chicken. When I have coated the chicken in the past with mayo and cornflake crumbs, I have found it to be very soggy on the bottom. Coating one side is all it takes with this recipe!
You can store baked cornflake chicken for an additional 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze Baked Chicken?
I don’t recommend freezing baked cornflake chicken because the cornflake coating will become soggy once thawed and reheated
Cornflake Chicken Recipe
If you want the crunchy texture of fried chicken without the hassle of shallow frying on the stove, take a tip out of your grandma’s book and cook up this delicious crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken. Thanks to Laura Sampson, the recipe developer behind Little House, Big Alaska, it’s a cinch to make.
“Cornflakes make a different crunch than panko or bread crumbs,” explains Sampson. “They add an old-fashioned flavor to the oven-fried chicken.” Sampson uses juicy, flavorful, quick-cooking boneless chicken thighs to make this chicken recipe. Before tossing them in the cornflake crumbs, which add just a hint of sweetness, she brushes them with a spiced mayonnaise, seasoned with Italian seasoning, garlic, and paprika.
According to Sampson, you can easily change up the flavorings in the mayo. “I think you can easily add Cajun spices to this, or just a pinch of cayenne,” she says. “Lemon pepper would also be a fun twist. Even Old Bay seasoning might be interesting.”
- Gather the ingredients for your crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken
To make this crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken, you will need chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs add loads of flavor to this recipe, and they cook up in a fraction of the time of the bone-in thighs traditionally used to make stovetop fried chicken.
- The chicken thighs will be covered in mayonnaise seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. This richly seasoned coating will help keep the chicken moist and flavorful, but it will also help the cornflakes to adhere, so you get lovely, crunchy coating on every morsel.
- Prep the ingredients for your crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken ingredients
To make this crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken, first preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil to make cleanup easier. While the oven heats, prep the ingredients.
- First, combine the mayonnaise and all of the seasonings, stirring well until smooth and even. Then, on a pan or a piece of parchment paper, lightly crush the cornflakes.
- “They don’t need to be powdered or pulverized,” says Sampson. “Just crushed up a bit.” This will help them adhere more easily to the chicken and make a nice, even crust.
- Coat the crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken
Next, brush each of the chicken thighs with the seasoned mayonnaise on both sides, ensuring that it is evenly covered. This step takes the place of a more traditional pre-breadcrumb trip through beaten egg, and it makes sense: After all, mayo is made with eggs! This technique isn’t as messy and also allows you to ensure each piece of chicken is seasoned evenly.
- Once all of the chicken has been coated in the mixture, press the cornflakes on both sides, and lay each piece on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until all of the ingredients have been used up.
- Bake the crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken
When all of the chicken has been coated in cornflakes, it’s time to bake! Bake the crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken in a 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and the chicken is fully baked through.
- Let the chicken rest for five to 10 minutes before serving so that it can cool slightly and the juices can redistribute within the meat. For Sampson, this crispy baked cornflake mayo chicken pairs just as well with mashed potatoes and gravy as with mac and cheese or even a simple green salad.
- Cornflake Chicken Recipe
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- COOK TIME 30minutes
- SERVINGS 4
- servings TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups plain cornflakes
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil for easy clean-up and set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the spices
- Use a rolling pin and a pan or a piece of parchment paper to lightly crush the cornflakes. They don’t need to be powdered or pulverized, just crushed up a bit.
- Brush the mayonnaise on both sides of the chicken, and press into the cornflakes on both sides.
- Lay on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is browned up and the chicken is baked through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Oven Baked Fried Chicken
Oven Baked Fried Chicken is a popular American dish that most people love but hate to order out because it’s too greasy. But you’ll be pleased to learn that you can make your own version at home! Sounds like a dream come true, right? So why not try it? I love fried chicken. I know it’s not the best food but how could anyone say no to a big plate of crispy, juicy chicken? I decided to get my fix from scratch and had an amazing result.
This oven-fried chicken is so crispy and brown, you’ll think it’s from KFC! So healthy and baked in the oven, and it tastes amazing! Not 1, but 2 secret ingredients revealed in this recipe!
OMG, crispy brown breaded chicken that’s baked and not fried – how on Earth did I do that? This recipe is different from all other oven-fried chicken recipes that you’ll come across on the Internet. It’s actually easier than most other breaded chicken recipes too and uses fewer ingredients!
There are two secret ingredients that make this oven-fried chicken so brown and crispy – (1) cornflakes and (2) mayo. Traditional breading for fried chicken is regular bread crumbs, and the problem with them is they don’t really brown unless they are fried in oil. If you use regular bread crumbs on oven fried chicken, they will taste good but look pale. If you are going for the golden-brown look, go with the cornflakes! Cornflakes are golden-brown to begin with, so you don’t have to rely on frying them in oil to turn them the right color 🙂 Crush the cornflakes in a food processor to turn them into crumbs and use for perfect crispy breading!
When I make regular fried breaded chicken that I pan-fry in oil, I use panko bread crumbs. When I make oven baked breaded chicken, I use cornflakes. That’s my magic formula for the right type of breading!
Typical crusted chicken recipes are using whisked eggs to dip the chicken and then coat in breadcrumbs. Instead of the eggs, in this oven fried chicken recipe I’m using mayo! Mayo is stickier than eggs, so it makes the breading stick better and not peel off when the chicken is baked in the oven! In fact, I use the same mayo technique for my oven-fried fish recipe 🙂
So here you go – the secret is revealed! Just 3 simple ingredients – chicken, crushed cornflakes and mayo – produce the crispiest, yummiest golden-brown oven-fried chicken! This recipe is super easy to make – toss chicken in mayo, dip in crushed cornflakes and bake at 425F until cooked through! I usually use chicken tenders for this recipe because they cook quickly, but you can use any parts of chicken if you like. Anyone can make this amazing baked fried chicken – it doesn’t get any easier than that!
Health Benefits Of Mayonnaise
The health benefits of mayonnaise will blow your mind. Once you read about all of the things that this cream like substance can do for you, you will want to carry mayo with you wherever you go. Not only is it tasty, but it can also replace many other items in your house which save room and money. In fact, once you understand everything mayo can do there is a good chance that you are never going to be without it. There are some side effects to using mayo that I will inform you of later. Overall though, the health benefits far outweigh anything negative to say about this miracle substance.
Almost everyone knows mayonnaise very well. Some has even known that mayonnaise is very good for body health. It is commonly used as sauce. Most of people knows that mayonnaise will always be used on sandwich, pizza, salad, pasta and other food. Mayonnaise can mixed with different sauce such as mustard or tomato sauce since it has been known as the tasty sauce. Mayonnaise contains very good nutrition such as protein, ash, calories, water, fats, fatty acids, vitamins, carbohydrates and also minerals.
It has been known as the rich source of vitamin E. It has been known that mayonnaise is very rich in many nutrients and 231 grams of mayonnaise contain 769 calories., 11g saturated fats, 77 grams fats, 45 grams polyunsaturated and 18g monounsaturated fats. In the othe sides, the carbohydrate of mayonnaise is about 15 grams and 10 grams of sugar. While it also contains about 4916 mg of omega-3 and 40131mg of omega-6 fats. It is also known rich in vitamin K, E and choline and minerals such as potassium, selenium and also sodium.
Among the rich nutrition of mayonnaise, there are many health benefits for human life. Hereby the health benefits of eating mayonnaise correctly:
1. Keep the Hair Healthy
According to the studies revealed that mayonnaise is very good to strengthen the hair and keep it healthy. It will also help to treat the dull or messed hair. For some people, they use mayonnaise as conditioner in order to smoothen the hair and make the hair silky. Applying the mayonnaise on the root of the hair will strengthen the hair and it will make the hair look shiny and healthy.
2. Treat the Skin
Another health benefit of mayonnaise is that it can help to treat the chapped or rough skin. According to the study of mayonnaise that it can even help to treat the sunburn skin. Applying the mayonnaise on the sunburn skin will make it soothing well. Mayonnaise is trusted as the removal of the dead skin cells and it will work when it is applied on feet chapped lips, elbow, and also another rough skin.
3. Keep the Heart Healthy
There are many food which are very useful to keep the heart healthy but this mayonnaise will be the best one. According to medical research revealed that the vitamin E on mayonnaise can effectively prevent the stroke. In the same case mayonnaise contains omega-3 which is very good to keep the heart healthy.
4. Keep the Skin Soft
As it is mentioned above that mayonnaise will help the skin keep soft and it can be applied on skin especially face. It will directly will effect to the soft skin and also make the skin glowing and healthy. No need to spend much money to nourish skin, it will be enough to use mayonnaise to get the baby soft skin and healthy skin.
5. Keep the Lungs Healthy
Another benefits of eating mayonnaise is for keeping the lungs healthy. Since we already know that lungs are very important due to its function to eliminate C02 of blood. Relating to that, mayonnaise will help to keep the lungs functions very well.
6. Control Sugar Level
Eating mayonnaise is not about tasty but it will lead to the normal sugar level on blood. Mayonnaise is categorized as the healthy food since it can normalize the blood sugar level very well. The nutrition on mayonnaise contribute to keep the blood sugar level normal.
7. Reduce Heart Attack
Another way of mayonnaise keeping the body healthy is that it can reduce the heart attack. Its rich nutrients of mayonnaise are really useful to reduce and prevent from heart attack. The omega-3 fats of mayonnaise can reduce the risk of sudden heart attack. According to the heart health, eating mayonnaise will also help to reduct the heart disorders among women.
8. Reduce the Strokes
The mayonnaise contains very great nutrients which are very good to prevent the body from strokes especially the vitamin E of mayonnaise can keep the strokes away. Thus to keep the body from the stroke, it will be better to eat correctly mayonnaise.
9. Treat the Depression
According to some studies revealed that the nutritions of mayonnaise are very good to prevent the depression. It will help people to keep the mind fresh and keep the depression away.
10. Prevent the Arthritis
Another health benefits of eating mayonnaise is that it can reduce the risk of arthritis. According to some studies revealed that the nutrients of mayonnaise can prevent the body from arthritis. Thus it will be better to eat mayonnaise correctly to keep the body from arthritis.
11. Treat the Colon Inflammation
According to the study revealed that eating mayonnaise will reduce the colon inflammation. Its rich nutritions will work properly to reduce the inflammation. It has been proved effectively that mayonnaise can treat the colon inflammation very well.
12. Help in Absorbing the Nutrient
Almost people knows that mayonnaise contains high-fats in which it can help to absorb the nutrients easily inside the body. The nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K and vitamin A are classified as the fat soluble and they will be melt down together with fats contained on mayonnaise. Thus, eating mayonnaise will help the body to absorb the more nutrients easily.
13. Help the Blood Circulation
Another benefits of eating mayonnaise is it can help in blood circulation. It contians rich vitamin E and it is known as the best vitamin to keep the blood circulation normal. Besides, other nutrients such as minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, potassium and vitamin K are contributing in maintaining the health of body and make the blood circulation in balanced.
14. Strengthen the Nails
According to some studies revealed that the nutrients contained on mayonnaise will be very useful to keep the nails healthy. Mayonnaise can strengthen the nails and it will make the fingernails look very healthy. It is good to treat the cracked nails.
15. Prevent the Head from Lice
Another great benefits of mayonnaise is it can treat the hair very well. It is good to smooth the hair. In the same case, mayonnaise is very good to protect the hair and head from the lice. There has been many treatment to prevent the hair from the lice, but the most effective way to do so is using mayonnaise and apply it on hair as conditioner.
Side Effects of Eating Mayonnaise
Besides the various health benefits of eating mayonnaise, there are some side effects You should know very well. Moreover, the commercial mayonnaise is commonly used the unhealthy fats and it will surely bring the little nutrition. Consuming the mayonnaise with high omega-6 fats will bring to the unhealthy condition. It will rise the risk of heart disease and also cancer growth. Besides, it will also cause the disease such as diabetes type 2 and also inflammatory disorders. Furthermore it will effect the osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.