This Crock Pot Chicken With Ranch Packet is so tasty and flavorful. Perfect for a light lunch or a great addition to your party menu. Chicken is cooked in the crockpot with potatoes, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing paste, mushrooms, tomato sauce and seasonings. Very easy to make. With it being cold outside its nice to have time to make something like this for dinner even though it does take some time in the crock pot. This soup makes a lot too so if you have anyone in your household that freezes for later there will be plenty for them to enjoy at a later date when they are ready for it.
Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
I’m not sure if it’s the Crock Pot or the ranch seasoning, but this Crock Pot Ranch Chicken is so good! I could seriously eat it every day. Plus, it’s really easy to make so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight.
Why you’ll love this recipe
✔️It’s super easy to make and has a delicious ranch flavor that the whole family will enjoy.
✔️A great dump and go meal that’s perfect for busy nights and made with simple ingredients.
✔️You can serve it over rice or pasta, or just eat it on its own.
For the exact measurements, please refer to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts You can use white meat chicken or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- chicken broth
- ranch dressing spice mix
- cream of chicken soup
- cream cheese
This is an overview of the instructions to make the Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Recipe. For the complete directions just scroll down to the bottom!
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the undiluted soup, softened cream cheese, chicken stock and ranch seasoning. (It’s ok if the mixture is a little lumpy.) Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken with two forks or just use a hand blender.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions. Serve over noodles or rice.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- slow cooker
- medium size bowl
Can I put frozen chicken in the crockpot?
It is best to use thawed chicken in the crockpot. If you do want to use frozen chicken, increase the cook time by about 1-2 hours.
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low in crockpot?
It is typically recommended to cook chicken on low in the crockpot. However, I have had good results cooking it on high. Just be sure to watch it closely so that it doesn’t overcook.
Can you overcook chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can overcook chicken in a slow cooker. I would recommend not cooking it for more than 8 hours. If you need to cook it longer, consider using a crockpot with a timer or setting a reminder on your phone.
Why is crockpot chicken tough?
There are a few reasons why crockpot chicken can turn out tough. One reason is that it was cooked for too long. Another reason could be that the chicken was not cooked on low, but on high instead.
Should I pre cook chicken before using the slow cooker?
No, there is no reason to precook the chicken before adding it to the slow cooker for this recipe.
- Spray your slow cooker well with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, you can pound them thin with a meat mallet before adding them to the slow cooker.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, you can whisk together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch with a little water and add it to the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- I like to serve this chicken over cooked egg noodles or rice. You could also use a whole grain pasta or even quinoa.
- I used a store bought ranch packet, but you can use homemade ranch dressing mix if you have the ingredients on hand.
- Instead of cream of chicken soup, you can use cream of mushroom soup.
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Instead of chicken you can also make this dish with boneless pork chops.
- You can also top the chicken with cheddar cheese if you love a cheesy chicken recipe.
- For a thinner sauce add a little more chicken broth or skim milk.
- Out of cream cheese? You can use mayo or sour cream for this recipe instead.
- If you enjoy a spicy kick to your food, use a Fiesta Ranch packet or add a dash of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to this recipe.
- Switch out the ranch seasoning for an italian seasoning packet for a different flavor.
This chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You could also freeze it for 2-3 months in a freezer safe container. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Reheat in the microwave for one or two minutes or in a skillet on the stove until warm all the way through.
Slow Cooker Ranch Crack Chicken
Slow Cooker Ranch Crack Chicken is incredibly delicious filled with favorites like bacon, chicken, and gooey cheese! So easy to make with only 5 ingredients is Low Carb/Keto friendly!
This is the simplest dinner ever. Just place all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and come home to a fabulous dinner! Just set it and forget it meals can’t get any easier!
- boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- ranch seasoning mix
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- green onions
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with ranch seasoning. Top with slices of cream cheese.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
How do you shred chicken?
A simple way to shred chicken is to use two forks. Hold one fork in each hand, and use them to pull the meat apart. You can shred the chicken into larger or smaller pieces depending on your needs.
With two forks, shred the chicken and stir well to combine with the cream cheese.
Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and cover until the cheese has melted.
Sprinkle the top with bacon and sliced green onions.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use your favorite type of cheese. I used cheddar cheese for this recipe.
Get ready for your home to smell incredible when waiting for this delicious meal.
This simple recipe is so wonderful because you will be using simple pantry ingredients that you may already have. It’s perfect on its own, on a sandwich, in a tortilla, as a dip, or on a lettuce wrap for a low carb option!
What Is Slow Cooker Crack Chicken?
This easy dinner recipe that is made in a slow cooker is all the rage on the internet. It’s the combo of cheddar cheese, Ranch seasoning, and bacon as “crack”. ( There are no drugs included in this recipe, promise! )
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is one of my families favorite go to meals! This recipe is so versatile and there are so many different ways you can serve it. This meal only takes a few ingredients to put together, place them in your slow cooker, and you have delicious creamy ranch chicken. Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken can be served by itself, but is super delicious in meals like tacos, pizza toppings, on salads, sandwiches, wraps, and so much more. This crockpot chicken is delicious, makes enough to feed a large crowd, and it also fits many dietary needs.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
Ranch is one of our favorite flavors in our house. I often use dry ranch mix to season my recipes. And the great thing is, it goes well with almost anything and also can be made into almost an endless number of dishes so that you can please just about everyone in the family! This dish is not spicy and your kids will gobble it right up.
This recipe is one of my favorites to have on hand because I can use the chicken in so many different ways throughout the week. It’s great to grab for lunch on top of a salad, use for meal prep, or use in a variety of dishes for dinner.
How to Serve Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
When your chicken has finished cooking and your have shredded it, there are lots of different ways to serve it. You can serve it with traditional sides or make it low carb and gluten free for all dietary needs.
WAYS TO SERVE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
- Over Rice- This would be super tasty with Rice Pilaf, or Jasmine Rice, Or Quinoa
- With Roasted Butternut Squash
- Ranch Smashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- On top of Baked Potatoes
- In a taco shell
- As the meat topper in Nachos
LOW CARB SERVING OPTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
- On Top of a Salad
- Sautéed Spinach
- Over Cauliflower Rice
- With Spaghetti Squash
- Over Zoodles- Spiralized zucchini
- Roasted Vegetables
SIDES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
- Roasted Vegetables
- Broccoli Slaw
- Antipasto Salad
Let me know in the comments if you have any serving ideas that you love that I missed. I would love to give it a try next time I make it.
How to Make Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
This recipe is super simple and easy. Even the most inexperienced in the kitchen can put this together and have it turn out beautifully. I will share a couple of tips here I use to get the best result preparing the chicken, but make sure and hop down to get the full recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Q: WHAT KIND OF RANCH SHOULD I USE?
A: You can use Hidden Valley Ranch mix or my homemade Ranch Seasoning. If you are gluten free or dairy free you will want to use my homemade recipe.
Q: HOW LONG DO I COOK THE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT?
A: I recommend cooking the chicken on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. You can cook it longer on a low but if you cook the chicken too long the texture will change a bit. Chicken can be a bit dry if you cook it too long.
Q: HOW DO I SHRED THE CHICKEN?
A: My favorite way of shredding chicken after cooking it is with my hand mixer. It is so easy and takes about a minute to shred. You can also use a fork if you prefer.
Q: CAN I MAKE THIS CHICKEN DAIRY FREE?
A: I have another recipe for Pulled Ranch Chicken that is a great dairy free (non-creamy) alternative.
Q: HOW DO I FREEZE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN?
A: You can freeze this chicken in an air tight container for up to one month. You can also store the leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Leftover Meal Ideas for Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
I love this chicken because you can add it to so many different recipes as the main protein. This chicken is fine by itself but adds extra flavor when added to a few of my favorite recipes:
- Ranch Chicken Tacos– Change up your taco night by using ranch chicken.
- Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad– I love a good salad, loaded with veggies. Chop up some of your favorite veggies, add a hard boiled egg, cheese, ranch chicken, bacon and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Ranch Chicken Pita– Place your chicken on top of pita bread, add lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and feta, and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls– This is my favorite way when serving a large crowd. Pile all of your options inside a bowl. I usually use romaine lettuce, black beans, rice, cheddar cheese, diced pepper, corn, avocado and of course top with ranch chicken drizzled with ranch dressing.
- Bacon Ranch Stuffed Baked Potatoes– Place chicken, cheese, bacon on top of a baked potato. Broil for a few minutes to get to toppings crispy. Then top with a dollop of sour cream. YUM!