Crockpot Chicken With Olive Garden Dressing – This recipe combines two of my favorite flavors, the Olive Garden Salad Dressing and Crockpot Chicken. The Olive Garden Salad Dressing is mild and sweet, but also has a little bite to it. This makes for a delicious marinade for the chicken in the crockpot. The chicken literally falls apart it’s so tender when done!
Related Post: crockpot chicken with stove top stuffing
Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is the easiest crockpot meal with chicken! Classic Olive Garden flavors in this crockpot chicken make it the perfect topping for a big bowl of pasta.
A viral video on Tiktok showed us this recipe last year. I love how that happens! Tender chicken is cooked low and slow with delicious Olive Garden Italian Dressing and creamy cheeses, creating the perfect pasta sauce. I’ve added my own tweaks to share this recipe with you, and I know you’ll love how simple it is to make this crockpot chicken pasta.
Like most crockpot meals with chicken, this recipe requires very little hands-on time. Toss in all of the ingredients, let it cook for most of the day, then pull it out later, shred the chicken, and add in some cooked penne pasta. It’s so simple, and the best part is that this recipe is a total crowd-pleaser. Your family will eat this right up, with no complaints
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing: This stuff is amazing on a bowl of romaine, but when you add it to chicken and cream cheese it creates the most delicious pasta sauce. It’s tangy, savory, and garlicky. I love that you can find this dressing now at most grocery stores, including Walmart and Target. Aldi has their own Tuscan Garden dressing that tastes almost the same. But my favorite is my homemade version, it takes just 5 minutes to make and a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- A New Chicken Recipe: It’s always fun to have a new and exciting way to cook plain old boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This recipe is different and so tasty. Your family will be thrilled to enjoy something new.
- Made in the Crockpot: I just love a good crockpot chicken meal. On the days that dinner is in the crockpot, it almost feels like I get a break from cooking dinner since the cooking happens while I’m busy doing other things.
Related Post: crockpot chicken with orange marmalade
A complete list of ingredients and amounts can be found in the recipe card below.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts: Use 1 ½ pounds of chicken for this recipe. We’ll be shredding the meat after it’s cooked, so no need to chop or slice it up. Just toss them in whole with the other ingredients.
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing: This recipe is called Olive Garden Chicken Pasta, after all. The bright and tangy flavor of this dressing gives the chicken so much amazing flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese: I think that parmesan cheese is almost a requirement for any good Italian pasta dish. Here it adds flavor, depth, and creaminess.
- Cream Cheese: To make things even creamier, a block of cream cheese melts in with the chicken and dressing to create a thick, cheesy sauce.
- Pasta: I like to use penne pasta with this chicken recipe, but any short pasta will work. We will boil the pasta on the stove before adding it to the crockpot. You can also serve Olive Garden Chicken over rice or steamed vegetables.
Try making Olive Garden Chicken with chicken thighs instead!
How To Make Olive Garden Chicken Pasta In The Crock Pot
- Fill: Add the ingredients to the slow cooker. First place the chicken breasts in, then pour the entire bottle of Italian dressing over the chicken. Top with parmesan cheese, and place the cream cheese on top of that.
- Cook: Cover with the lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. The chicken is ready when the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast is 165°F/74°C, learn how to properly check the temperature of the chicken here.
- Cook Pasta: Just before the chicken is ready, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Shred: Once the chicken is cooked, shred it using two forks, being careful not to shred it too finely.
- Combine: Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker, and stir gently to combine. Serve warm with breadsticks and a salad, just like at the Olive Garden!
Don’t over-shred the chicken: You want there to be pieces of chicken with your pasta, so be careful not to shred the chicken so much that it disappears into the sauce.
Reduce the Fat: Make this recipe with Neufatchel cheese or low-fat cream cheese to make it a bit healthier. It won’t be quite as creamy this way though. I don’t recommend trying to cook this with fat-free cream cheese. You can also look for the light version of the Olive Garden dressing to save on calories.
Can’t find Olive Garden Salad Dressing? You can make my homemade Olive Garden Salad Dressing recipe, or use any Italian dressing you like instead. I suggest Kraft Zesty Italian or Tuscan Garden Italian from Aldi.
Related Post: Lemon Chicken With Olives
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta Recipe
This viral recipe is going to win you over. Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta has quickly become a viral TikTok chicken recipe! Olive Garden pasta is creamy and so delicious. Chicken breast, Olive Garden dressing, cream cheese, parmesan, and pasta all in one comforting slow cooker chicken recipe!
Olive Garden Italian dressing chicken recipe is one you can make as a crockpot chicken or I share directions on how to make this as an Instant Pot recipe as well in the recipe card.
I love easy pasta dinners. If you want even more let me share a few more of our favorites. Instant Pot Cacio pasta takes just 4 ingredients!
Why You Will Enjoy This Olive Garden Crock Pot Chicken…
- Simple ingredients
- Crockpot Dinner Idea
- Family Friendly
- Potluck Recipe
- Zesty Chicken Alfredo Flavor
- Viral TikTok Pasta Recipe
Chicken Breast – You can use any boneless chicken. Chicken thighs, tenderloins, etc.
Italian seasoning – This seasoning is optional for this Olive Garden chicken parmesan recipe. I find it helps add more flavor.
Salt and pepper – Season to taste.
Italian dressing – You need to use Italian Olive Garden Dressing for this chicken dish.
Cream cheese – Gives this chicken and pasta an ultra-creamy and rich flavor. Just put the block on top, and don’t stir.
Parmesan cheese – Optional but adds a nice tang to the recipe.
Pasta – I used penne but any smaller-sized pasta works for this Olive Garden chicken crockpot recipe. Cook pasta as directed on the box.
Related Post: chicken with red peppers
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
Full directions on how to make Olive Garden chicken pasta are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. This is a visual walk-through.
Step 1: First, place your chicken breast in the crock pot. Then once your chicken is in the crock pot.
You will season your chicken with Italian season and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2: Next, pour the Italian dressing into your crockpot covering the chicken breast. Then top with cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Step 3: Then you will place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 6-7 hours on low, or until the chicken reaches proper internal temperature.
Step 4: Time to cook your pasta once your chicken has cooked and is done cooking. Shred chicken while you wait for the pasta to cook.
Cook your pasta according to the directions on the side of the package. While waiting on your pasta to cook shred the chicken with two forks.
Step 5: Lastly, drain the pasta but do not rinse. Then add to the crockpot and fold into the shredded chicken until fully combined.
- Use a crockpot liner to make cleaning up so much easier. Or use a cooking spray instead of a liner.
- No need to use a certain type of pasta. Any will do.
- Don’t open the lid of the crockpot as it will release the heat and slow up the cooking process.
- Cooking on the stovetop gives the same tasty results.
- Also, meat claws are great for shredding chicken fast.
Variations to Recipe
- You can swap regular cream cheese and Italian dressing for fat-free options. This is just as delicious. Therefore, go ahead and use them if you prefer. The flavor will alter a bit.
- Stir in some sun-dried tomatoes for added flavor.
- Chicken thighs that are boneless, and chicken tenderloins, work as well. Any bone-free chicken.
- Leaving out cream cheese is fine, your sauce will just not be as thick.
- Also, I share how to make it in the Instant Pot if you don’t want the slow cooker version.
In conclusion, you have ways to dress up this dish, and they all turn out delicious.
How to store leftovers?
Refrigerate: Storing any leftover chicken pasta should be placed in an airtight container and in the fridge. It is only good for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Reheating: The best way to heat leftover Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is to dip individual portions onto a microwave plate and heat it in the microwave.
Related Post: how to make chicken with bread crumbs
What to serve with Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
There is no need to add too much more to this dish. Keeping it simple is best. Try adding just one of these sides to make your dinner complete.
- French Bread
- Steam broccoli
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Cesar Salad
Can you buy Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing?
Yes! I find it at my local Walmart, but other retailers have it as well. You will need to look in the refrigerator section where they have their bagged salads.
No need to use their specific brand for this recipe but if you want to try it look for it at your local grocery store.
Can I cook an Olive Garden chicken recipe on the stovetop?
Absolutely, just boil the pasta as directed on the box. While the pasta is cooking you will pan-cook your chicken in a little olive oil.
Once your noodles are cooked and your chicken is done you will mix all the ingredients together in the same pot you cooked your pasta.
Add in the rest of your ingredients and allow everything to simmer for at least 5 minutes. Now the Olive Garden penne pasta is ready to serve!
Can I make this Crockpot Olive Garden chicken with gluten-free noodles?
Go right ahead and reach for a gluten-free noodle if you want. Just cook the pasta according to the package, drain, and pour in once the chicken is cooked.
Can I put frozen chicken in the crockpot?
Depending on who you are, you will find this answer varies. It is said it is safe to put frozen chicken in the slow cooker, as long as it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How long does chicken take to cook in the crockpot?
Depending on the size of the chicken and if you leave it whole or diced up varies. For large chicken breast like this 6-7 hours on low, or high for 2-3 is what I found for this recipe.
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low in the crockpot?
Cooking boneless chicken on high in the crockpot can result in dry chicken. It is recommended to do a low setting when you cook chicken in your crockpot.
Alternative to cream cheese in the recipe?
You can swap the cream cheese with a cup of heavy cream to stir in the pasta dish. The sauce will be thinner if you do opt for this.
Related Post: orange chicken with orange marmalade
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
SERVINGS 8 -10
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is a Tiktok chicken recipe that went viral. 7 ingredients are all that is needed for this Olive garden penne pasta recipe. Creamy pasta, shredded chicken, and slow-cooked to perfection.
Prep Time 5 MINS
Cook Time 6 HRS
Total Time 6 HRS 5 MINSCook Mode
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Slow Cooker
- Meat Claws
- Olive Garden Dressing
- 3 chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- 16 oz cooked pasta
- Start by adding your chicken breast to your slow cooker. Then sprinkle on salt and pepper, along with Italian Seasoning.
- Pour your Olive Garden Italian dressing over the chicken.
- Place the cream cheese in the center on top of the chicken, don’t push it down. Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook the Olive Garden chicken for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high. Or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
- Once the chicken is done, cook your penne pasta as directed on the box on the stovetop.
- Shred your chicken and mix it up, and then pour the drained pasta in the slow cooker and stir.
- Top your Olive Garden chicken pasta with more parmesan cheese and serve with your favorite side dishes.
INSTANT POT AND NINJA FOODI DIRECTIONS FOR OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN PASTA
- Cut chicken into cubes, around an inch in size. Toss into the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. Now toss in the dry Penne pasta.
- Pour in 3/4 cup Olive Garden dressing, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Press the pasta down into the liquid to make sure the pasta is covered.
- Place cream cheese on top, DO NOT STIR. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 3 minutes, with the 5-minute natural release of pressure. Then press off the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, and stir! Now, if the liquid is too runny, turn to saute and mix 2 teaspoons cold water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in the cornstarch slurry to thicken!
- Same for the slow cooker if you are worried about the Olive Garden dressing being too rich do 1 cup dressing and 1 cup broth.
- The internal temperature of the chicken needs to be 165 degrees.
- You can use tenderloins or even boneless chicken thighs in this slow-cooker chicken recipe