Crockpot chicken with ranch packet is the ultimate comfort food and a great way to get your favorite veggies into the meal. This chicken is delicious, moist and supremely tender.
Today I’m going to show you how to cook chicken in a ranch packet in the crockpot. This is one of my favorite recipes. It’s so easy, tasty, and pretty inexpensive as well. Let’s get started!
CROCKPOT RANCH CHICKEN
Crockpot Ranch Chicken is going to be quickly added to our monthly menu plan because it is so delicious, and you only need 3 ingredients to make this easy chicken dinner recipe. Yes, I said that correctly only 3 ingredients needed! Simply place your chicken tenders or breasts in the crock pot and add cream of chicken soup and ranch packet mixed with some water! It’s that simple! Best of all no one will realize how easy it is to make because it tastes so good.
My husband and boys cannot wait until I make this again because it was that tasty! Best of all you can use any amount of chicken that you need to feed your family size – you can easily double or triple this recipe! It is also great with pork chops too!! If you are going to double or triple this recipe, just be sure that your slow cooker has enough room in it to cook properly. I used a 4 qt sized slow cooker for this recipe.
You can also make this DIY Ranch Seasoning (Dairy Free) and DIY Cream of Chicken Soup if you want! When using the DIY Ranch Seasoning you use only 2 tablespoon of the mix. By making your own you are able to control what ingredients you use while cooking. If you are going to purchase your Ranch Seasoning, I suggest picking it up at a Warehouse Store like Sam’s Club or COSTCO. It is great way to save money versus picking up the individual packets.
SLOW COOKER CRACK CHICKEN (CHEDDAR RANCH CHICKEN)
This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (Cheddar Ranch Chicken) is an addicting concoction of chicken, cheese, bacon and perfectly seasoned with ranch dressing. Cooking this in the slow cooker takes all the work out of it and makes it a super simple hearty dinner on busy days.
Crack Chicken Recipe
What exactly is “Crack Chicken?” It’s that classic combination of cream cheese, ranch, cheddar and bacon. Similar to the Crack Dip, this has all the same delicious flavors, but made meal worthy by adding chicken. Now you can have a bowl full and not feel guilty, like you might if you had a whole bowl full of just dip.
This keto friendly dish is so versatile, and everyone loves it. It’s a hearty, rich and creamy meal. Perfect for any occasion, it’s like the little black dress of dinners. Dress it up or down depending on the occasion and it’s a winner either way.
Cheddar Ranch Chicken Ingredients
Simple ingredients when put all together taste so amazing.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: I love that you don’t have to pre cut these
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning: This is the dry mix not ranch dressing. Using homemade is SO GOOD
- Cream Cheese: Creamy and decadent filling
- Bacon: Cooked and crumbled then stirred into the chicken mix.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded over top and melted when warm.
- Green Onion: Top it off as a garnish!
How to Make Crockpot Crack Chicken
This is so easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it sooner.
- Slow Cooker: In the bottom of a slow cooker place the chicken. Sprinkle with dry ranch dressing. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place over the chicken and seasoning.
- Cook: Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4.
- Shred: Shred the chicken and top with bacon and cheese. Cover till melted. Garnish with green onions.
Tips for the Best Crack Chicken Slow Cooker
It’s really difficult to mess up this Crack Chicken recipe but here are a few tips to help it be awesome.
- Chicken: Use skinless and boneless chicken for less fat and grease. You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs with the same success as chicken breasts.
- Bacon: For the best taste and texture use real bacon crumbles not bacon bits which can be pretty artificial tasting.
- Keep it from Drying! This is definitely a recipe you don’t want to over cook it. The best success is long and low.
- Cream Cheese: Chunk the cream cheese and distribute evenly over the chicken for even melting.
- Cheddar Cheese: Bacon and cheddar just go together but you can easily change it up, try jalapeno pepper jack for a kick, colby or even swiss.
- Storing Cheddar Ranch Chicken: Keep this in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days and YES you can freeze it. Put it in a freezer safe airtight container and it will keep for up to 3 months.
- Double: Double the recipe and freeze leftovers for quick dinners or even lunches.
- Shredding Chicken: The easiest way to shred chicken is with your hand mixer right in crock pot. It’s easy and fast. Or you can also just use two forks.
What Do You Eat Crack Chicken With?
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is such a versatile dish. It can be served so many different ways, making it a new dish each time!
- Over rice: This adds an asian twist.
- Hamburger buns or Pitas: Place on oven toasted buns for a delicious sandwich.
- Mashed potatoes: Over top for a rich and tasty meal.
- Inside of baked potatoes: Split open your baked potato and insert the chicken right inside.
- Crackers and veggies: Make a fun dip with a fun trayfull of deliciousness.
- Wrapped in a Tortilla: Something light but simple for a quick lunch or snack time.
- Lettuce Wraps or on top of a salad: Add a little more to your greens with this hearty chicken and cheese.
- In Pitas or Croissants: Another idea for a quick lunch or a gathering.
- Pasta: Bring on something filling with noodles and this chicken.
Crockpot Ranch Chicken (Easy Weeknight Recipe)
Weekday dinner magic! Your whole family will be licking their plates when you serve this Crockpot Ranch chicken and vegetables slow cooked to tender perfection in a rich, creamy gravy! It’s an easy one pot meal!
Slow Cooker Ranch ChickenPlay Video
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy recipe with just 8 ingredients.
- 4 quick steps to prep in less than 5 minutes. Throw in the slow cooker and go! Get dinner on the table with minimal effort!
- It’s easy to sneak extra veggies in (think peas, green beans, etc).
What’s not to love about creamy comfort food that is so easy it’s almost effortless?
Just toss the ingredients for this creamy Ranch chicken in your slow cooker and by dinnertime you’ll have a delicious chicken stew with its own gravy!
The low and slow cooking time makes everything butter tender. Your family will be licking their plates, I promise.
- Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the boneless skinless chicken breast
- You can use other condensed soups such as cream of mushroom or cream of celery if desired.
- I use chicken stock instead of chicken broth because it has more flavor but you can use whichever you prefer.
- It’s amazing how much flavor just the one Ranch packet adds! Use Ranch mix from the store or homemade Ranch dressing mix – whichever you prefer.
Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the green recipe card below.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and part of the Ranch dressing mix.
- Add the vegetables to the slow cooker and place chicken breasts over the top.
- Mix the sauce ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. See? Easy!
Oven and instant pot instructions are in the green recipe card below.
You’ll need the following items to make this recipe successfully.
- Slow Cooker
- Small mixing bowl
Crockpot Ranch chicken leftovers should be put in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated. Be sure to eat it up within 4 to 5 days or throw it out.
Freeze this dish for up to 3 months. The chicken freezes well but the potatoes do not. Remove them before freezing.
Click on the image to watch me make this slow cooker ranch chicken recipe from start to finish on YouTube with extra tips! (Video opens in a new tab).
Expert Tip: No time for the crockpot? You can bake this ranch chicken recipe in the oven for 45 minutes or until it registers 160F on an insta-read thermometer. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow the temperature to come up to 165F. I’d cook the vegetables separately if you do it this way.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray to make cleanup effortless.
- Boneless pork chops instead of chicken are a great variation!
- Use the condensed cream of chicken soup right out of the can – no need to add milk or water.
- You can substitute cream of broccoli, cream of celery, or cream of mushroom soup for the cream of chicken.
- You can add 8 ounces of cream cheese cut in squares to make it even richer and creamier. Stir it in before serving.
- Crock pot Ranch chicken is even better the next day!
- Chop up leftovers, add some milk, and warm it up for a delicious soup.
- Leftovers freeze well if you remove the potatoes. They get a weird texture.
- You can use a homemade dry ranch mix if you have it.
- Leave the potatoes out and serve over rice or pasta.
Here are the questions I am most frequently asked about this recipe.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts?
Chicken should always be fresh or thawed overnight in the refrigerator before slow cooking. Harmful bacteria can grow during the long cooking process when the chicken is frozen.
How long can creamy Ranch chicken be stored?
Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 4 days or freezer for 3 months. If freezing remove the potatoes – they don’t freeze well.
Can I use homemade cream of chicken soup?
Homemade soups tend to make this sauce watery. If you do use the homemade soup do not try to freeze this.
🍽️ Serve with
This creamy crockpot Ranch chicken recipe really is an all in one dinner that’s perfect for those busy nights but if you’ve got a minute here are some great additions to the table –
- Biscuits are always welcome at our house. They’re a great way to sop up that gravy! These drop biscuits are especially easy.
- Cinnamon apples add color and flavor to the table. Added bonus? They can sub for dessert!
- Southern green beans are full of smoky bacon flavor.
- And who could turn down a slice of Dutch apple pie for dessert? Not this girl.