Diet Plan For Slimming – There are various slimming diet plans available, which it’s hard to choose. There are celebrities who present their own diet plan for slimming. These plans work for them and give optimal results. But what about the rest of the world? How can a common person get success in losing weight and maintaining their healthy figure?
1000-Calorie Diet Meal Plan For Slimming Down
Here is a sample of a 3-day 1000 calorie diet meal plan:
- Breakfast: a cup of oatmeal with half of an apple and a teaspoon of cinnamon, and a cup of unsweetened coffee
- Lunch: one scrambled egg and a slice of low-fat cheddar cheese on whole-wheat toast
- Snack: 15 almonds
- Dinner: half of a cooked chicken breast, a big portion of vegetable salad (lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, lemon juice), and a cup of unsweetened herbal tea
- Breakfast: a cup of low-fat or non-fat yogurt with half of a cup of berries, and a cup of unsweetened green tea
- Lunch: one wholemeal roll willed with half of a cup of tuna, and a cup of vegetable salad (lettuce, red sweet pepper, spring onions)
- Snack: a cup of sliced fruits
- Dinner: a half of a baked medium-sized fish, half of a cup of roasted sweet potatoes, a cup of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and a cup of unsweetened herbal tea
- Breakfast: 2 boiled egg whites, a cup of vegetable mix (cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes), and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Lunch: two cups of vegetable soup and a slice of whole-wheat bread
- Snack: a cup of yogurt with nuts and berries
- Dinner: a cup of chicken and rice stir-fry, half of a cup of peas, and a cup of unsweetened herbal tea
Benefits Of A 1000-Calorie Meal Plan
If followed properly, a 1000 calorie meal plan may offer you the following benefits:
- Effective At Weight Loss
If you need to shed pounds fast and don’t expect the long-term result, the 1000 calorie meal plan may help you with that. As mentioned at the beginning of this article, this diet can help you lose 2-3 pounds (1-1.5 kg) a week, which is quite fast. It can also be quite effective for people who suffer from obesity, causing even bigger weight loss. But you should make sure to discuss your diet with a specialist before deciding to make any adjustments in it.
- Relatively Balanced
This diet emphasizes the consumption of vegetables and fruits that are rich in nutrients, including water and fiber, and are the inseparable part of healthy nutrition. This makes the 1000-calorie meal plan significantly more beneficial than various juice cleanses and one-product diets. So, if you are confident in your decision to lose weight as quickly as possible and are willing to take risks, a 1000-calorie meal plan is what you should go for.
- Quite Affordable
The foods that are allowed by this dietary plan are accessible and affordable. You can find everything you need at any supermarket. This makes planning not too difficult, which is extremely important for those who do not have a lot of time to select products and cook dishes. This diet is compatible with a full-time job, making it appealing to a wide range of people.
Downsides Of A 1000-Calorie Meal Plan
Despite being quite effective at helping you shed pounds, the 1000 calorie meal plan is not the best choice due to the following aspects:
- Causes Lack Of Nutrients
Low-calorie diets that allow less than 1,200 calories a day may lead to constant hunger, potentially leading to overeating. Another downside of such restrictions is the lack of certain vital nutrients that provide your body with energy. When followed for a longer period it causes nutrient deficiencies and dehydration, which leads to a lack of energy, hair loss, weaker nails, slower heart rate, and loss in muscle mass. This makes the 1000-calorie meal plan quite risky for your health, especially if you choose to stick with it for more than a week. If you don’t want to harm your health, you can only follow this diet for a short time. This makes it quite specific – indeed, there may be times when you need to quickly lose weight, for example, for an event. But if your goal is long-term weight loss and better health, this diet shouldn’t be recommended.
- Slows Metabolism
Based on the abovementioned, you should not expect the long-term results from this diet. The critical calorie restriction may slow down your metabolism. This in turn causes the rapid weight to regain after you return to your normal caloric intake. Whether this kind of result is satisfactory is up to you to decide.
- Doesn’t Support Intense Exercising
This nutrition plan is surely not for everyone. It may work quite well for women who have a small frame, as their bodies usually require fewer calories. For men and those whose routine involves vigorous exercise, this diet is not the best choice for you. Those who are used to exercising regularly may end up wearing their body down when consuming only a 1000 calories a day while keeping up with their workout schedule. Other negative effects of a 1000-calorie meal plan can include bad mood, fatigue, and insomnia. On top of that, exhaustion as a result of this diet can lead to an increased risk of injury.
How To Make The Best Experience Out Of The 1000-Calorie Meal Plan?
If you do decide to follow this plan, there are some tips to make it as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
First, while vigorous workouts are strongly discouraged, that doesn’t mean you have to lounge around all day long. Go for walks in the park or do light exercise with minimal strain.
Walking is not usually considered a “serious” type of exercise, but daily walks can be remarkably effective if you’re striving to lose excess pounds. 30 minutes of brisk walking burns up to 300 calories and clears your head as a bonus. Supplementing your 1000 calorie meal plan with regular walks will also improve various health markers. First, walking helps you maintain muscle mass. This is especially important if you’re following a restricted diet like the 1000 calorie diet meal plan, which entails risks of muscle mass loss. Aside from that, walking reduces the risk of heart attack, strengthens your bones, and improves your mood.
Manage Your Diet
Include as wide a variety of fruits and vegetables as possible, and never skip meals – you already consume less calories than your body requires.
Aside from that, skipping meals makes you extremely hungry which causes eventual overeating. Planning your meals and sticking to the schedule is a way to succeed.
Also, try to eat at the table, not at the TV. When you don’t pay attention to what you eat, you automatically eat more. Plus, if you eat too fast on your 1000 calorie meal plan, your body has no time to realize it’s already full, so you eat too much once again. So put your smartphone aside, turn Netflix off and concentrate attention on your food. You can try mindful eating – a pretty fun way to cut down on your calorie intake and develop your sense of taste.
One of the main causes that may prevent you from torching calories is stress. On the one hand, stress can lead to emotional eating, so you eat when you’re stressed and anxious, not when you’re truly hungry. This, of course, leads to weight gain. On the other hand, stress affects various physiological processes in your body, again leading to weight gain in most cases. So if you are striving to lose weight with a 1000 calorie meal plan, use a variety of stress reduction techniques.
For example, try different types of meditation. Meditation reduces the risk of high blood pressure, improves heart function, improves memory and attention, and strengthens the immune system. You can also try yoga, which is effective in terms of weight loss as well. Finally, small practices like a gratitude journal can help reduce stress. To make each day more positive, start by writing down what you are grateful for today in a journal.
Drink Water And Sleep Well
Finally, remember to drink water and get enough rest.
There are multiple reasons why you absolutely need to drink enough water. Water helps you lose weight, improves skin and hair condition, relieves joint pain, and reduces the frequency of headaches. In addition, water can reduce your appetite if you drink a little when you feel hungry. This is because you can confuse hunger with thirst and eat when your body is actually thirsty. Drink a glass of lemon water in the morning to start your day energetically on a 1000 calorie meal plan.
Sleep is equally important in achieving your weight loss goals. Poor sleep significantly increases the risks of obesity. Also, your appetite increases and you tend to crave for fatty snacks since your body doesn’t get enough energy from sleep. Plus, poor sleep makes you less in control, which puts you at greater risk of dropping out of your 1000 calorie meal plan. Finally, lack of sleep lowers metabolism, leading to muscle loss. Try to get enough sleep so that weight loss leads to better health instead of muscle degradation.
1000 Calorie Diet Sample Menu
Drinks throughout the day can include water, black tea and/or coffee without sugar and negligible calorie carbonated drinks such as Diet Coke.
This menu provides 1000 calories, 60g protein, 145g carbohydrate, 21g fat.
- Banana sandwich made with 2 small slices of wholemeal bread and a small banana.
- 200ml glass of orange juice
- 100g pot of low fat fruit yoghurt
- 1 wholemeal roll (45g) filled with 70g tuna (canned in brine) and 10g reduced calorie mayonnaise
- Mixed salad of 50g lettuce, 50g red or yellow sweet peppers, 10g spring onions.
- 28g bag of lower fat crisps (eg. Walkers Lites)
- 70g Roast Chicken breast (without skin)
- 80g Potatoes, mashed with 30ml semi-skimmed milk
- 60g Broccoli, steamed or boiled
- 50g Carrots, boiled
- 100ml Gravy (made from granules)
- 1 serving of low calorie Hot Chocolate Drink made with powder and water (eg. Cadbury’s Highlights)
Diet Chart For Weight Loss Patients
About Diet Plans for Weight Loss Diet Chart for Weight loss patients : Do’s And Dont’s Food Items You Can Easily Consume
Do you have trouble losing weight? Or would you like to lose faster? You’ve come to the right place. The sad truth is that conventional ideas – eat less, run more – do not work long term. Counting calories, exercising for hours every day, and trying to ignore your hunger? That’s needless suffering and it wastes your time and precious willpower. It’s weight loss for masochists. Eventually, almost everyone gives up. That’s why we have an obesity epidemic. Fortunately, there’s a better way. Either way, there are several factors that can affect your efforts to lose weight. These include making changes to your diet plan for weight loss, exercise, and lifestyle.
There are tools and tips that can keep you on track. In addition, you should know what not to do. Talk to a nutritionist/dietician before you begin a new plan. They can help you customize a program and safely monitor your progress. Keep in mind, even small changes can make a big difference in your health. When it comes to weight loss, there are 3 important facts you should know in advance. The first is your weight. The second is your body mass index (BMI).
Your BMI is based on your weight and height. The third fact to know for weight loss is waist circumference. Body fat often collects in your stomach area. This is more of a health risk than body fat that builds up in your thighs or buttocks. For this reason, your waist circumference is a valuable tool.
We create a diet chart for weight loss for males and females, which can be easily followed for weight management. It is a complete diet plan for weight loss of one week and you can repeat it.
Diet Plans for Weight Loss
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||3 egg whites + 1 toasted brown bread + 1/2 cup low fat milk (no sugar)|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup papaya|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup arhar dal + 1 chapatti + 1/2 cup low fat curd + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup vegetable soup|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup pumpkin + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||1 onion stuffed chapatti + 1/2 cup low fat curd|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup coconut water|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup moong dal/ chicken curry + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup pomegranate|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup beans + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||2 besan cheela + 1/2 cup low fat curd|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 apple|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup masoor dal + 1 chapatti + 1/2 up low fat curd + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup tomato soup|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup carrot peas vegetable +1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||1 cup vegetable brown bread upma + 1/2 cup low fat milk (no sugar)|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup musk melon|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup rajma curry + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup vegetable soup|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup parwal vegetable + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||1 cucmber hungcurd sandwich + 1/2 tsp green chutney + 1 orange|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup buttermilk|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup white chana/ fish curry + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup low fat milk (no sugar)|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup cauliflower vegetable + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||1 cup vegetable poha + 1 cup low fat curd|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup watermelon|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup chana dal + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup sprouts salad|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup tinda vegetable + 1 chapatti + salad|
|Breakfast (8:00-8:30AM)||1 cup low fat milk with oats + 3-4 strawberries|
|Mid-Meal (11:00-11:30AM)||1 cup coconut water|
|Lunch (2:00-2:30PM)||1 cup soybean curry + 1 chapatti + 1/2 cup low fat curd + salad|
|Evening (4:00-4:30PM)||1 cup fruit salad|
|Dinner (8:00-8:30PM)||1 cup ghia vegetable + 1 chaptti + salad|
Diet Chart for Weight loss patients : Do’s And Dont’s
Don’ts Do During Weight Loss Plan
- Dont Starve Youself
- Dont Drink Ton of Alcohol
- Dont Think Short Term
- Dont Deprive Yourself of Indulges
- Regularly Eat Clean, Healthy Foods
- Drink a Ton Water
- Create a Meal Plan for Each Week
- Have Willpower
Food Items You Can Easily Consume
- Avocado: While avocados are higher in calories than other fruits and vegetables, their satisfying fat and fiber combo may help you slim down.
- Eggs: Eating a high-protein breakfast promotes weight loss, because protein increases satiety while regulating hunger and appetite hormones, helping fend off your hunger until lunchtime.
- Beans: All beans are high in fiber, which is your friend when you’re trying to lose weight because it helps you feel fuller longer, thus controlling hunger.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is protein-packed and full of probiotics, which are good for gut health and may help your weight-loss efforts. Your gut health can impact your weight, and eating more fiber and probiotics helps keep your gut bacteria happy, which can be good for your metabolism.
- Salmon: Salmon is a rich source of high-quality protein and provides plenty of “good” fats: omega-3 fatty acids which helps people feel more satisfied when they were watching their calories.
- Fruit: Higher fruit consumption was associated with lower risk of becoming overweight or obese, independent of vegetable or fiber intake—though including fruit as part of a healthy diet overall is always the best strategy.
- Popcorn: As long as this popular crunchy treat isn’t doused in movie-theater butter, it makes an excellent weight-loss snack. Popcorn is filled with air, so you get a pretty large portion without a lot of calories.
- Almonds: Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, and they’re high in protein. Eating foods with the one-two punch of fiber and protein can help you feel fuller longer—which makes it less tempting to reach for an unhealthy snack between meals.