Diet plan to lose weight in 3 weeks is what every person who wants to lose weight would want to discover. Following this diet plan will help you lose 5-8 pounds within 3 weeks. The drop in fat will be experienced after a short time, while the lost weight will accumulate gradually until your desired body weight is reached.
This 3 Weeks Diet Plan To Shed Unwanted Kilos!
You have to follow a simple equation to lose weight- more calories out and fewer calories in. Counting calories will give you a fair idea of how many calories you are consuming and avoiding. It will not only help you track your weight loss process but will also motivate you to follow the diet plan. According to experts, a person should reduce 500 calories from his total calorie intake in the first week, and reduce 500 calories more in the next week.
Cut Down On Refined Carbs
Refined carbs may have zero nutritional value but they pose a serious risk to health. They can cause blood sugar spikes and lead to obesity. Several studies have proven that a diet high in refined carbs leads to belly fat or abdominal obesity.
Say No To Sugar
Cut down on the refined sugar and foods containing added sugar, as they can harm our health to a much greater extent. They can not only lead to weight gain but can also cause obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the long run. So, steer away from sugar.
Avoid Dressing And Sauce
If we are saying that you should eat salad, that doesn’t mean you have to top it up with sauces or salad dressings. These are loaded with flour, sugar and salt which will give you nothing except fat!
Increase Fiber Intake
Consuming more dietary fiber can work wonders for weight loss. Dietary fiber is a good carb that we cannot digest and absorb. It helps in breaking down fat into short-chain fatty acids, and increase the number of good gut bacteria. According to a study, it was found that people with a greater variety of gut bacteria have a lower risk of belly fat.
Portion Your Meals
If you thought that eating healthy won’t make you fat, you’re highly mistaken. Along with eating healthy, it is important to practice portion control as well. Eat in a small plate and fill half of your plate with veggies, one fourth with whole grains and the rest with protein.
Avoid Processed Foods
Processed foods like sausage, salami, beverages, ready-to-eat foods, packaged foods and frozen foods contain high amount of sugar and sodium. These foods are also loaded with preservatives, flavouring agents and artificial colours and have reduced nutritional value and are high in calories.
If you are planning to shed kilos, consuming beverages like soda, packaged juice, cold drinks, coffee or tea with crème and sugar are a big NO! These are loaded with artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and carbonated water which will only lead to weight gain.
Exercise Is A Must
You must have heard that weight loss depends on 70 per cent on your diet and 30 per cent on your workout. So, do some light weight training. You can go for a brisk walk, or climb stairs more often, or do basic cardio for 15 to 20 minutes daily. This will not only help you lose weight but will also tone your muscle and give you a more sculpted look.
A high-protein and low carb diet is great for weight loss. It reduces energy intake, maintains muscle mass, and prevent you from gaining weight.
Get Some Sleep!
Do you often spend your nights watching movies or shows? If yes, you need to stop it as improper sleep causes weight gain. Yes, you read it right. Several studies have shown that when people sleep less than 7-8 hours a day, they have increased levels of a hunger hormone called ghrelin and decreased level of fullness hormone, which could lead to overeating and weight gain.
Another study has shown that if a person sleeps for 5 hours a day, he consumed more carbs and gained nearly 2 pounds.
Start Your Day With A Glass Of Honey Water
This weight loss tip isn’t difficult to follow, is it? Drinking honey water on an empty stomach is the easiest thing you can do to lose weight. This drink will not only help to cut down fat but also let your body soak up the vitamins- making your immune system stronger.
Drink Adequate Water
You must have heard this that drinking 8 glasses of water can help you lose weight. According to the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, if a person increases his water consumption by 1.5 litres a day would burn an extra 17,400 calories which means losing approx 5 pounds!
Three-Week Diet Plans: Getting Your Nutrition Back On Track
Do you want to lose weight fast? Your search for a solution may have pushed you into trying all kinds of diets like the Military Diet, Keto Diet, and the Vegan Diet, but unfortunately, none of these may have worked for you. The Three-Week Diet Plans may be what your body needs because some testimonies (including the before and after photos) prove that these weight loss meal plans deliver what they promise – a tremendous weight loss in three weeks. Although, this remains controversial.
The three-week easy diet for weight loss is meant for people who want quick results but have little time to follow more extended diet plans. Getting into a three-week weight loss commitment is no walk in the park, so you need to understand what you are signing up for. You should brace for a massive cut on calories, which will test your tolerance to a steady caloric deficit throughout the program.
Three-Week Diet Plans To Lose Weight Fast
Do the three-week meal plans really work? Individuals worldwide have curated bizarre diets to lose weight fast, for example, those that give you tips on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks with guaranteed weight loss. Here is everything you need to know on how to lose weight in 21 days (particularly weight loss coach Brian Flatt’s Three-week Diet and the Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan), including the meal plan, pros, cons, and its effectiveness.
Three-Week Diet Plan By Brian Flatt
How much can I lose in 3 weeks? Brian Flatt’s three-week diet is designed to help you lose between 12-23 pounds in three weeks from your thighs, waist, hips, belly, and butt.
How Does It Work?
The three-week diet plan is divided into three phases (each week), each with a unique set of nutritional requirements (all low in carbohydrates and calories), tailored to help you achieve your weight loss goal. Throughout the program, participants are guided on the kinds of food they should eat to shred as much fat as possible. The aim is to maximize fat loss at the beginning while gradually introducing more whole foods, then eventually progress towards a nutritionally balanced and complete diet to maintain a healthy weight.
This weight loss meal plan is based on five techniques to help your body burn fat faster. These are:
- Reduced carb intake
- Use of supplements (strategic supplementation)
- Intermittent fasting
- Calorie reduction
Each of the methods above may significantly contribute to weight loss, depending on your target, so it is not mandatory to incorporate all of them. However, implementing all of them together will result in rapid weight loss. Flatt’s three-week diet is made for people who seriously want to learn how to lose weight in a week or three. Remember, you will have to pay for the full diet system, including the introduction, meal plan, workout plan, and motivation manuals.
After three weeks, you should continue weighing yourself every day. If you weigh three pounds or more above your target weight, start Phase 1 immediately and continue until you get back to your target weight (it should take about 1-2 days). You can therefore enjoy “cheat” meals once in a while without affecting your weight loss progress.
The foods allowed include:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Whey protein
Three-Week Diet Plan Sample Meal Plan
Here is an example of what to eat during the day given by the Freedieting website:
- 3 poached eggs
- Sautéed spinach
- 2-3oz tuna
- Steamed asparagus
- 2-3oz turkey
- Steamed broccoli
According to Globenewswire, the Brian Flatt Three-Week Diet Plan leads to the following health benefits:
- Improved metabolism that leads to faster body fat loss
- Healthier hair and skin
- Toned skin and reduced cellulite
- Lowered cholesterol levels and increased energy
The plan is easy to follow since it uses regular grocery store foods and readily accessible nutritional supplements that attack harmful triglycerides that can lead to stubborn belly fat.
According to Freedieting, the meal plan is:
- Very restrictive
- Involves dramatic calorie restriction
- Eliminates carbohydrate foods such as fruit, starchy vegetables, legumes, and whole grains
- Involves intermittent fasting that may be uncomfortable
- Encourages the use of caffeine and nicotine pills, which may be harmful
Besides being careful about their diet, fitness coach Brian Flatt urges participants to engage in 20-minute intense workouts three to four times a week because burning body fat will be more effective if one engages in intense, full-body exercises instead of long cardio session. There is a manual for both passionate gym-goers and people who barely go to the gym. Remember that everyone’s body is unique, so you may not get exact outcomes as another person who follows the same diet and workout routine.
Three Weeks To Summer Shorts Plan
Apart from Flatt’s three-week diet plan, other weight loss meal plans can be followed for the same period. The Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan, in particular, is designed to help you lose a stone (7 pounds) in three weeks at the end of the program.
How Does It Work?
Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan is a 21-day menu of interchangeable food combinations to help you lose weight fast and shift to a better eating habit. This weight loss meal plan also allows you to munch on a snack every once in a while. You can choose the SAVE option (which gives you a boost of 100 calories) or the SPLURGE option (which provides you with a 250 calorie bonus).
Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan Sample
The meal plan below is a summarized version of the three weeks to summer shorts plan by Weight Loss Resources (WLR) (6):
- Smear 1tsp peanut butter on a slice of wholemeal bread. Prepare fresh fruit salad with 6 strawberries, 1 kiwi, 1 satsuma, and 3oz cherries.
- Eat 1 banana and 10 green olives with a slice of wholemeal bread topped with Philadelphia light mini tub and 2 smoked salmon slices.
- Mince 100g lean beef and make a burger. Fry in ½tsp olive oil and serve in a toasted brioche bun with 1tbsp of tomato ketchup, lettuce, and red onions.
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and 40g Bitesize shredded wheat topped with 20 raspberries.
- Prepare 2 wholemeal bread slices with wafer-thin turkey (4 slices), 1tbsp light salad cream, and salad; bring an extra 1 pack of baked crisps.
- Mince 100g lean meat and dry fry till golden brown. Add 3tbsp water, ½ pack taco seasoning, and vegetables and boil for 5-10 minutes. Serve in 2-3 taco shells, each topped with guacamole.
- Boil 2 eggs and serve with steamed asparagus.
- Top 200g half potato with 100g cottage cheese and 2 slices of pineapple.
- 75g whole wheat pasta garnished with chili and basil leaves & served with roasted ½ courgette, ½ aubergine, and 6 cherry tomatoes crushed over garlic.
- Top 40g muesli with 4-5 almonds, raspberries, and 50 blueberries.
- Whole wheat tortilla wrap filled with ½ avocado, sliced red onion, a small can of tuna, and ¼ pepper.
- 60g cooked jasmine rice served with 80g steamed snap peas. Add scrambled eggs, spring onions, and sprinkle with 1tbsp light soy sauce.
- 1 wholemeal fruit scone smeared with 2tbsp fruit jam; serve with 150ml freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 2-3 slices French stick topped with 6 black olives, almonds, and 100g low fat cottage cheese.
- Serve couscous with a roasted mixture of ½ chopped courgette, ½ chopped aubergine, ¼ pepper, cherry tomatoes, and 1tbsp olive oil crushed over garlic.
- 10 raspberries, 6 strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries topped with 20g crunch granola.
- 1 wholemeal bagel with Edam salad and cheese.
- Dress 120g salmon fillets with low-fat balsamic dressing and bake. Serve with asparagus, 100g boiled potatoes, and 60g French stick.
- Toast 2 wholemeal bread slices and add grilled bacon, lettuce, 1 sliced tomato, and 1tsp low-calorie mayonnaise.
- Wholemeal pitta bread filled with lettuce, 4 slices of thin ham, 5-6 cherry tomatoes, and 1tsp low-calorie salad cream.
- Stir fry 40g mange tout, 40g broccoli, sliced mushrooms, 25g edamame beans, and ¼ red onion, and serve with cooked brown rice.