Distilled water is a good starting point when you are looking for weight loss by drinking water for weight loss and distill water for acne. People drink around eight to ten glasses of water every day, which is not bad but we can actually do more than that. Drinking distilled water can be very helpful in losing excess body fats. People who have tried distilled water have claimed that they have lost a lot of excess weight by consuming this water regularly.
Distillation is a method for purifying water and other liquids. To distill water, boil it and collect the steam to condense and cool in another container. Any contaminants in the original water remain in the boiling container. You can buy distilled water, which is different from spring water or plain bottled water, in most grocery stores. However, there’s no research that indicates drinking distilled water is any different than drinking other healthy water in terms of weight loss efforts.
Water And Weight
Distilled or not, it’s a smart decision to load up on good old H20 when you’re trying to slim down. Proper hydration is important for dieters because people often mistake thirst for hunger and eat when they really need fluid. Plus, switching to water from soda, juice or other sweetened beverages can save you hundreds of calories per day. Women should drink about 9 cups of water or other nonalcoholic fluids each day, according to The Institute of Medicine.
Weight loss is a simple concept when you look at the numbers. It takes a deficit of approximately 3,500 calories to lose a pound of fat, so eat 500 fewer calories than you burn each day to lose about 1 pound per week. Without medical testing, it’s difficult to calculate exactly how many calories you burn, but the average woman uses between 2,000 and 2,200 calories per day with moderate activity.
Benefits Of Water
Water truly is the stuff of life. Every single cell in your body contains water; you use it to maintain a steady internal temperature, flush toxins through urine and sweat, lubricate joints and protect your spinal cord. You also need water for regular bowel movements, and you may find yourself more regular with proper hydration. If you’re accustomed to sweetened beverages right now, it could be difficult to transition to plain water — try adding a spritz of lemon, orange or lime for a hint of flavor.
Drinking Distilled Water while Bodybuilding
Most bodybuilders take distilled water not because it helps directly with weight loss or bodybuilding but because it is better at flushing out toxins. You will notice that most bodybuilders are on a high-protein and low carbohydrate diet. The high amounts of protein in the body result in the production of protein byproducts.
The body needs to flush out these byproducts as they damage the kidneys. On this note, drinking distilled water helps clear these toxins from the system. It is important to note that distilled water does not help you grow muscles and lose weight more but is essential for the natural processes in the body. And, any form of water can do this equally well.
How Much Distilled Water Should You Drink?
It is advisable to drink eight to twelve glasses of water each day. This is a general guideline for healthy people. If you are an athlete, you can calculate the amount of water you need daily by multiplying the body weight in pounds by 0.55. That will give you an approximate amount of water you need to keep your body’s functions normal. Any form of treated water is good enough.
Will Drinking Distilled Water Help You Lose Weight?
Well, drinking water, in general, plays a significant role in helping you cut down the pounds. But, is it better when you drink distilled water rather than the other forms of water? Not directly. However, distilled water is said to flush out toxins better, and the fact that it does not have any calories or contaminants makes it the best choice.
Any form of treated water can help you lose weight combined with healthy practices such as working out and eating right. If you take a glass of distilled water early in the morning before your first meal, it is believed that it flushes out toxins that could otherwise impede natural body processes. It is also said to help speed up metabolism, which is an essential factor in weight loss.
How to Lose Weight Fast by Drinking Water
If you are looking to lose weight quickly by drinking water, there are tips available to help you do it properly and effectively. Consistent water intake is critical in weight loss because a high volume of water present in your cells allows them to push out fat and toxins stored within them. Learn what kind of water is best to help you lose weight and what kind of diet you should have to support your goals. It’s not difficult, but it does require resolution on your part to do it. Have a question? Get an answer from a doctor now!
Things You’ll Need
- Steam distilled water
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- The most important part of this process is, of course, having plenty of water and the right kind of water available. Some of the best water you can possibly drink is steam distilled. This has shown to have many more benefits than tap, mineral, fluoridated or spring water. The logic is simple. Water sources other than steam distilled are treated to kill impurities, then substances like chlorine, carbon and aluminum sulfate are added to adjust pH levels or to eliminate cloudiness. All of these factors further bog down your body’s cells rather than help them function properly. Steam distilled water is different. In the distillation process, water is boiled and the steam created is trapped into a condenser. The condensed steam is the water you drink. The contaminants are left behind in the water that was boiled.
- You’ve heard that you should drink 8 to 10 8-oz. glasses of water per day. The better rule is to drink your body weight in ounces. If you weigh 120 pounds, drink 120 ounces per day. You notice that amount is almost double the standard of 8 to 10 glasses. The first few days, your body will notice the difference. You’ll be going to the bathroom more, but eating less. Processing that much water keeps your stomach and cells occupied and you’re not as hungry.
- Make your eating habits “goal-friendly.” If you consume lots of high-fat, processed or fried foods, you will definitely slow the weight loss process down. Your digestive system has to work very hard to break down these types of foods. Eat at least two raw meals/snacks a day. The live enzymes in raw food are used to break the food down on its own, without calling on your stomach’s enzymes for assistance. One raw meal or snack could simply be an apple. Your second raw meal could be a salad. Then you’ve accomplished your daily goal. Plus, there’s water in raw fruits and vegetables, so that’s a bonus.
- Keep up this pace for two weeks. Eat as much food as you like–just try to keep your diet balanced. The focus here is on the water. If you are consistent in your water intake, you will notice that your elimination will improve, you will be less bloated and you should lose at least 5 lb.
- Let this behavior start a new lifetime habit. Keep steam distilled water with you wherever you go: the car, office, gym or home. You will keep excess weight off and feel great. Now you know how much water should i drink everyday to lose weight
The Amazing Water Science of Fat Loss:
So what does water actually do to help you lose fat. It is critically important that you stay hydrated because your body is 70% water. You cells have a high volume of water in them and you must have water to push out the fat and toxins from your cells. Your body needs oxygen and water available to burn your fat efficiently.
When you body is in “fat burning mode or fat loss mode” you body will break up the fat lipids in your fat cells and release their energy. All that hydrogen, carbon and oxygen in those molecules will still be there afterward. So now your body needs to get rid of that byproduct of the fat energy. 20% of the fat mass that is burned in your body is lost through water or transported out of your body through your urine or sweat. That is where the phrase, “WATER IN, FAT OUT” comes from. For example: if over the next week you burn 1 pound of fat or you break-down 1 pound of fat that is burned as energy, then 20% of that fat will be removed by water in your body. Since distilled water is clean and pure, it is able to do an even better job of transporting and eliminating waste like this from you body! If you want to dive even deeper into this science there an interesting study done by the University of South Wales that answered the question: When you lose weight, where does the fat actually go?
In addition to water being a critical factor to fat loss, water also helps:
- keep a normal body temperature
- lubricates and cushion joints
- cushions the brain
- protects your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- removes waste through urination, perspiration and bowel movements
- aids in digestion
- improves brain function
- helps maintain proper blood pressure
- improves kidney function and prevents kidney damage
- boosts performance during exercise
- your blood is 90% water and blood delivers oxygen to different parts of your body
- and more
We have just been talking about replacing added sugar drinks with 0 calorie pure distilled water as a weight loss strategy. We haven’t even talked the 80,000 commercially produced chemicals that are found in tap water and how toxic tap water could negatively impact your fat loss. A Durastill Home Water Distillation Unit removes chemicals, virus, bacteria, poisons (like mercury & arsenic), toxic heavy metals (like lead), prescription drugs, radioactive particles (like radon), nitrates, petroleum and more. How would drinking residue of prescription drugs from the tap water in the soda you just drank from you favorite restaurant effect your body and fat-loss? Or how would drinking a little bit of virus or bacteria or poison effect your body and fat-loss? It is kind of mind blowing when you start to SEE what is in tap water, bottled water and any kind of water that is lower quality than distilled!
What are the risks of drinking distilled water?
The main risks of drinking only distilled water are linked to its lack of minerals, including magnesium and calcium.
According to an older report for the World Health Organization (WHO)Trusted Source, some of the adverse effects of drinking just distilled or low mineral water include:
- a flat taste that many people find unappealing, leading to reduced water consumption
- a decrease in the body’s metabolic function
- an increase in urine output that could result in electrolyte imbalance
According to the WHO, these and other associated health problems are partly due to the lack of minerals and electrolytes in distilled water. This lack forces unhealthy changes in the delicate balance of sodium, potassium, fluid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and other nutrients in the body.
When the body loses water through sweating and urine output, it loses sodium and other minerals in addition to water. In order for the body to function properly, a person must replace those minerals.
Drinking distilled water will not replace minerals lost through sweat, as all additives and minerals will have been removed during the distillation process.
Distilled water pulls in small amounts of minerals from any material it touches, including plastics and the body (including one’s teeth). Still, if a person eats a balanced diet with the recommended amounts of fruits and vegetables, they should not become deficient.
Since most people eat and drink a variety of foods and beverages throughout the day, most people will get the salts and minerals they need from these other sources.
It is not dangerous to drink distilled water as part of a balanced diet. A balanced diet should include foods that replace any minerals lost through sweat.