This Easy Apple Crumble With Oats recipe is a great way to use up large quantities of apples without much effort. This delicious crumble recipe is good for using just a few servings, or for when you have lots of apples left over from a p icking trip. This is a recipe that you simply must try. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or trying to find easy apple crumble with oats recipes for kids – you’ll find that this one doesn’t disappoint!
Easy Apple And Blackberry Crumble
Pick either custard or clotted cream to serve with this delicious and hearty autumnal dessert after spooning it into bowls. YUM!
Apple and blackberry crumble recipe
One of the simplest dessert dishes is an apple and blackberry crumble. It’s simple, hearty, and oh so delicious; you can’t go wrong with it.
My favorite sweets to make are rustic ones because you don’t need to be nice or careful; you can simply throw everything together and it will still taste delicious.
Simply place all of your chopped fruit in an oven-safe dish, sprinkle it with sugar and/or cinnamon, toss it, and then cover it with your crumble topping.
If you want to cheat, you can purchase the crumble topping already mixed in bags. Alternately, you may make your own with only a few simple ingredients—oats, butter, and sugar. Such ease!
Apple Crumble Ingredients
- 800g (approx. 4) Bramley Apples these need to be peeled, cored and cut into small bitesized cubes. You can just use ordinary eating apples if you like – whichever you prefer.
- 150g (approx) blackberries – there’s lots of places in the UK you can forage blackberries – check out our blackberry picking guide here.
- 2 heaped tbs brown sugar – I use soft brown sugar in this recipe
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon – cinnamon goes so perfectly with apples and it smells completely autumnal as it cooks.
- 250g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats – I use the smaller sized rolled oats in this recipe.
- 160g brown sugar
- 200g butter – use unsalted butter, it’ll taste nicer.
How To Make The Apple Crumble Recipe
- Set the oven to 180°C.
- Simply place the apples and blackberries in the bottom of the crumble dish while the oven is preheating. the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and cinnamon over. To give the fruit a dusty layer, gently stir the sugar and cinnamon into the fruit.
- The crumble topping is combined. In a mixing basin, combine the sugar, oats, and flour; stir just until combined. Add the butter and stir it in until the mixture resembles chunky, crumbled breadcrumbs.
- You want the fruit to ooze up deliciously during cooking, so don’t press the crumble topping down; instead, leave it light and loose.
- The fruit should be soft and the top should be browning after 40 to 45 minutes in the oven.
What To Serve With Apple And Blackberry Crumble
A rich, warm vanilla custard is the ideal accompaniment for this delectable autumnal dessert.
On a warm autumn day, you may even choose vanilla ice cream or even a spoonful of Cornish clotted cream.
Any topping you choose is wonderful on our crumble!
Make Apple Crumble Your Way
You can switch and change the ingredients in a fruit crumble to suit your own tastes. You could try…
- For a summer crumble pudding, swap the blackberries for strawberries or raspberries.
- Consider substituting pears for the apples or combining both.
- Change the cinnamon with ginger, ground.
- Buy a bag of premade crumble topping if you don’t feel like creating your own.
At a Glance
Discover our recipe for a quick and easy crumble. Our simple apple crumble is a delectable dessert for the whole family and is made with delectable fresh apples and sultanas.
How To Make Apple Crumble
We have the greatest apple crumble recipe for the job, whether you’re preparing a full Sunday roast dinner, fancy a sweet snack, or want to have something scrumptious for morning. Below, you’ll find our recipe for apple crumble, along with a list of all the items you’ll need.
What you’ll need:
- 500g Bramley apples
- 50g brown sugar
- 75g sultanas
- 1 lemon
- 200g flour
- 125g butter
- 75g Demerara sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Custard, double cream or ice cream to serve
- the oven to 180C for preheating. 500g of Bramley or cooking apples should be peeled, cored, and sliced. Add 50g of brown sugar, 75g of sultanas, and 1 lemon’s finely grated zest and juice to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and let it cool.
- Sift 200g of flour into a big basin. Add 125g of diced butter, and mix until the flour is the consistency you want for your crumbs.
- 75g Demerara sugar and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon should be stirred in.
- Spread the fruit with your simple apple crumble mixture and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with custard, cream, or ice cream as your preferred topping!
Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
With a sweet, caramelized apple interior and a crunchy cinnamon topping, this simple apple crumble recipe is the definition of comfort food. Completely charming the crowd and ready in less an hour!
Why This Recipe Works
Everyone enjoys a warm apple pie, but occasionally you just need something that takes a little less time. similar to this homey apple crumble.
But let’s get to the point first before we discuss variations.
The apple crumble we’re serving today can be prepared in less than an hour, making it the ideal dessert to bake while you have dinner.
This recipe is the greatest when looking for the ideal apple crumble because:
- Apple stays soft, but not watery.
- Not too sweet, but not dry either.
- Ready in under in hour (less time than eating dinner and doing dishes).
Best apples to use for apple crumble: I like to use a tart apple, like Granny Smith or Golden Delicious. However, you really can’t go wrong with any fresh apple.
Oats. I use quick cook oats in today’s recipe, but rolled oats (or old fashioned oats) will also work if you like your oats more chewy
Sugar. A combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar is used in the apple mixture, and you’ll just need the brown sugar for the crumble topping.
Step by Step Instructions
Apple layer. Peel and dice 4 apples. Combine apples in a large bowl with lemon juice, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Pour into a 2 qt baking dish.
Combine crumble ingredients: brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, flour, butter. I find it easiest to use my hands to make the crumble, but a pastry cutter works too. Sprinkle over the top of apple mixture, pressing lightly.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 50 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Enjoy warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
Can Apple Crumble be made in advance?
Absolutely! To make ahead, just assemble, cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake (up to 24 hours).
Can you freeze Apple Crumble?
I don’t recommend freezing a crumble, as I haven’t seen good success. The filling tends to get too watery, and the topping doesn’t have a good crunch.
What is the difference between apple crisp and apple crumble?
A crisp is a fruit dessert topped with a crunchy layer of ingredients. A crumble is more of a streusel combination of flour, oats, sugars, and butter.