The topic I chose to write about is Easy But Healthy Lunch Ideas. I thought about this topic because I am very much concerned about how to make my kids eat healthier.
These easy and healthy lunch ideas have saved me time and money. I use them for myself, but also for my kids. They are a lifesaver when making lunches for the kids on busy mornings. Enjoy your lunches and send these healthy lunch ideas to a friend or family member who could use some help in the kitchen.
Easy But Healthy Lunch Ideas
Your on the go lunch gets a whole lot easier once you get into the habit of batch cooking and strategic prepping, and it gets a lot more fun too when you start throwing together outside-the-box combinations. And when you pack up your lunch in a lightweight, durable container that cuts down on single-use plastic—plus it holds your sandwich together, keeps your salad in perfect condition, and fits your other lunch foods just right—your midday meal hits new levels of deliciousness. Here’s some inspiration:
Salad Lunch on the Go
Healthy salads are easy to put together quickly, especially when you’ve prepped lunch ingredients ahead of time:
- Chopped Greek salad: The beauty of chopped salad is that it’s often filled with sturdy veggies (cucumbers, olives, tomatoes) that won’t quickly wilt if you have to duck into a meeting halfway through lunch. Pump up the protein here with some canned beans, grilled chicken, hard-boiled eggs, or chunks of seared tofu.
- Roasted cauliflower kale salad: This easy roasted-veggie salad is a true standout thanks to the intensely flavorful dressing drizzled over the kale. A sprinkle of sunflower seeds on top echoes the nutty sauce, but you can sub in another crunchy option, such as toasted pecans or pine nuts.
- Grilled fruit mix-ins, including pineapple and even avocado, are an unusual and delicious way to amp up healthy packable lunch ideas like salads, and they work just as well in grain bowls or sandwiches. No grill? Use a stovetop pan or your broiler.
Soup Lunch on the Go
Homemade soup is so satisfying, and it’s a great way to use up languishing produce in your crisper drawer.
- Perfect pureed soup: Roast veggies, add liquid, whiz soup with an immersion blender, garnish—and voilà! Smooth and creamy pureed soup for the win.
- Black bean soup is one of four different varieties you can make if you master a simple vegetarian base.
Keto Lunch on the Go
Want to focus on protein-filled, low-carb options? These keto lunch recipes are your go-to:
- Poached chicken, shrimp or salmon: These easy-to-prep proteins make a versatile base for your lunch. For example, you can slice chicken to roll up in tacos or place over a salad; nestle shrimp with veggies in summer rolls; or flake salmon to mix with whole grains or layer on top of salad greens.
- Hard-boiled eggs are the ideal keto food as they contain protein and are endlessly customizable. Try egg salad made with Greek yogurt, or sliced egg on toast topped with microgreens and everything-bagel spice.
Vegetarian Lunch on the Go
If meat isn’t your jam, try these tasty, veg-forward packable lunch ideas:
- Nutty quinoa is an excellent backdrop for grain bowls or stir fries, or for sprinkling over a salad to get an extra hit of protein.
- Watermelon and feta is a classic sweet and salty pairing that’ll light up your taste buds. Pack this combo in a two-level salad container so you can marinate the feta in a tangy dressing and then add it to the fruit.
- Homemade hummus is levels above store-bought, and easily made in a food processor. Smear hummus on a spinach wrap with shredded carrots, slices of baked tofu and red pepper strips and then roll it like a cigar.
Vegan Lunch on the Go
Plant-based lunches are a healthy and eco-conscious option. Here are ideas for a flavor-packed vegan lunch:
- Overnight oats: This nutritious, low-maintenance meal isn’t just for breakfast. You can add savory mix-ins (think avocado, nuts, tofu) to turn it into a tasty and filling lunch.
- Veggie chips are easy to bang out with a mandoline slicer, and they’re the perfect add-on to a salad or a hummus sandwich at your desk.
- Roasted sweet potato salad is equally tasty when served warm or at room temperature, and you can make it ahead to save time in the morning.
- Protein: Steak
- Carbs: Peaches
- Veggies: Carrots, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and Bolthouse dressing
- Protein: Chicken breasts
- Carbs: peaches
- Veggies: Carrots, cucumber, red peppers, and Bolthouse dressing
Healthy Lunch #1
- Ground turkey with mustard
- White rice
- Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and bolthouse dressing
- Ground turkey with avocado
- Bell peppers, cucumbers, and Bolthouse dressing
Healthy Lunch #3
- Chicken breast with BBQ Sauce
- Russet Potato
- Cucumbers, broccoli, pepper, and carrots
Healthy Lunch #4
- Protein: Chicken breasts
- Carbs: Apples
- Veggies: Carrots, cucumber, and Bolthouse dressing
Healthy Lunch #5
- Protein: Ground turkey with BBQ sauce and cheese
- Carbs: Rice with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Veggies: Roasted Peppers, onions, broccoli
Healthy Lunch #6
- Protein: Chicken breasts
- Carbs: Potatoes
- Veggies: Green salad, carrots, and Bolthouse dressing
Healthy Lunch #7
Healthy Lunch #8
Healthy Lunch #9
- Protein: Ground Turkey
- Carbs: Low carb Healthy Noodles
- Veggies: Zucchini and spaghetti sauce