Easy dinner ideas for kids are the best recipes to ignite your kids to the warmth of parenthood. Kids are the fruits of the wombs, who can be likened to fuel that power an automobile. You can imagine how marriage would turn out to transpire if kids are not involved. They are amazingly the greatest gifts from God.
Having said this, kids are endowed with a ravenous appetite for foods. They take pride in choosing what kind and manner of food to take which forces parents to go for easy dinner ideas for kids to make. Parents will agree with me that these kids take meals for fun and at such a display variety of styles towards their meals.
However, all kids are picky eaters! Picking foods come with a whole lot of fun especially when there are easy dinner ideas that are kid friendly.
This article will, therefore, highlights some easy dinner ideas for kids as many parents have found this as a challenge. The challenge beats harder on parents when their kids are very hungry on their arrival from the tedious day’s work.
It is then parents conclude that only some easy dinner ideas are needed to proffer a solution to this challenge. Parents and nannies should sit and relieve themselves of the challenges at hand as they will find 7 of the easy dinner ideas that are kid friendly in this article.
Easy Dinner Ideas For Kids To Make
Mini Macaroni And Cheese Bites
To sum the seemingly cooking process of one of the easy dinner ideas that are kid friendly in mini macaroni and cheese bites together, it only takes 25 minutes to finish this flavored appetizer. The ingredients are;
- 10 oz.elbow macaroni
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. of garlic and herb cheese Boursin
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed Ritz cracker
- pinch salt and pepper
- To cook, preheat the oven, and spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Melt 6 tablespoon butter and mix it in the crushed Ritz cracker and the 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Press 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into the bottom of the muffin tin.
- Press firmly until neatly packed. Prepare noodles afterward.
- Drain in a large bowl and put herbal cheese, cheddar, sour cream, milk, eggs, cold butter, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Then spoon about 2 tablespoons of mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for about 15 minutes after which remove to settle.
- After about 8 minutes, stroke a knife edging round the bowl and set each one after the other.
Instant Chicken Bowl
The instant chicken bowl is one of the easy dinner ideas for kids for it comes very quickly and also very easy to make. The recipes are flavorful and just at parents’ fingertips.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Sour cream
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups of reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to instant pot and heat.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- After the heated oil is hot, put the chicken and make sure it gets browned before adding onions and cook to tender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and uncooked rice and toast for about 3 minutes.
- Then stir in canned tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, black beans, garlic, and cumin.
- Try scooping from the bottom of the pot to prevent burning.
- Heat for about 6 to 7 minutes and then sprinkle with cheese, leaving it to melt for about 3 minutes.
- Then garnish with fresh tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, and guacamole.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Do you want a quick and easy dinner idea that are kid friendly? Then the BBC chicken pizza is the right answer. The ingredients to make BBC chicken pizza are;
- 1/2 cup BBC sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Make homemade pizza in line with the manual recipe guidelines.
- Then spread the BBQ sauce over the crust leaving a 1-inch bare rim around the edge.
- Sprinkle the chicken and onion over the sauce.
- Then spread the mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, making sure that the crust is brown and the cheese, melted.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for about slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Parmesan Fish Sticks
Another easy dinner idea for kids to make, parmesan fish sticks is an ideal quick dinner recipe for your kids. You find yourself devouring this mouth-watering menu in a twinkle of an eye.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panto bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Get your oven preheated to about 400°.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk eggs in another bowl.
- In a third bowl, toss bread crumbs with seasoning blend and cheese.
- Cut into stripes the fillets.
- Then put fish in flour mixture to coat both sides.
- Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place the crumb mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet loaded with cooking spray, until crumbs moistened.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until brown and the fish appears to flake easily.
Instant Chili Mac
The instant chili mac is one of the most amazing easy dinner ideas for kids.
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Chili Powder
- Black Beans
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Whole milk
- Elbow pasta
- Red or kidney beans
- Chicken stock
- Cook beef by stirring until crumbled for 5 minutes.
- Set on a paper towel-lined plate and drain the fat.
- Heat butter and oil and add the diced onion to the pot.
- Add garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Add water and chicken stock alongside diced tomatoes with green chilies, black beans, kidney beans, pasta, and browned beef.
- Stir, making sure the liquid covers the pasta.
- Then set instant pot to manure cook and turn 4 minutes.
- When this ends, stir the mixture.
- Then set the pot to “sauce” and add milk and 1 cup of cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Stir until pasta is tender, after which you add parsley.
- Stir once more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Hot Dog Nuggets
Another easy dinner ideas for kids to make is the hot dog nuggets. It only an 18 minutes process.
- 5 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Ketchup and mustard
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the hot dogs into thin pieces and set aside.
- Roll out the crescent dough and press the sides together.
- Cut into 8 strips lengthwise, ending up with 64 1.5 inch × 5-inch pieces.
- Then wrap then hot dogs in the crescent pieces and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Then bake afterward for about eight to nine minutes.
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups make a good component of the easy dinner ideas for kids. To enjoy, just grab your ingredients and make it in fifteen minutes.
The ingredients are;
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 American cheese singles
- 1 tablespoon of butter
Very easy dinner ideas for kids to make are the grilled cheese roll-ups.
- To start with, roll each slice of bread to flatten.
- Then trim the crust off the bread.
- Place the cheese slice on bread and roll up, Then heat skillet over melted butter.
- Then place roll-ups in pan seam side down.
- Cook afterward until brown turning frequently throughout cooking.
- Serve, sit back and enjoy!
Having given these 7 easy dinner ideas for kids, this article has concluded that giving these easy dinner ideas that are kid friendly some spaces in your kids’ menu is indeed a worthwhile choice.