The Best Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes For Weight Loss – Discover The Tricks And Tips For Having a Perfect Body Using Weight Loss Recipes
There are dozens of healthy dinner recipes for weight loss. Whether you want to shed just a few pounds or you have half a ton to lose, there are selections for everyone.
Healthy dinner recipes to lose weight
Looking for a lighter dinner? We have plenty of healthy, satisfying recipes between 200-500 calories. Enjoy cauliflower curry, chicken stew, risotto, burgers and more.
- Miso-roasted aubergine steaks with sweet potatoA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.21 ratingsRoast thick slices of aubergine with miso, garlic and ginger, then serve with chunky sweet potato wedges for a filling, vegetarian dinner
- Spiced chicken, spinach & sweet potato stewA star rating of 4 out of 5.87 ratingsA healthy one-pot with warming spices that’s low fat, low calorie, 3 of your 5-a-day and also full of fibre!
- Low-fat chicken caesar saladA star rating of 3 out of 5.4 ratingsGive typically heavy caesar dressing a lighter makeover by swapping mayonnaise for Greek yogurt – it’s lower in fat and calories, but still deliciously creamy.
- Sesame salmon, purple sprouting broccoli & sweet potato mashA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.82 ratingsTry this Asian-inspired salmon supper with a nutty sesame dressing, crisp veg and comforting sweet potato mash. It’s healthy, low-calorie and rich in omega-3
- Ham, mushroom & spinach frittataA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.30 ratingsTry a filling frittata that’s low in calories and guaranteed to keep you going until lunch. Save half in the fridge overnight if you’re cooking for one
- Superhealthy salmon burgersA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.358 ratingsIf you’re after something a bit lighter than potato-packed fishcakes, try these simple salmon burgers with ginger, soy sauce and coriander
- Herb & garlic baked cod with romesco sauce & spinachA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.26 ratingsWhite fish is such a good source of lean protein and this herby baked cod with fresh greens makes a tasty, low-calorie, healthy supper option
- Lighter chicken cacciatoreA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.106 ratingsThe classic Italian ‘hunter’s stew’ gets a healthy makeover, with low-fat chicken breasts, prosciutto and a rich herby tomato sauce
- Creamy chicken & asparagus braiseA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.59 ratingsThis delightfully summery, low-calorie, low-fat dish packs in plenty of greens and has a yogurt, tarragon and garlic sauce
- Chicken and mushroomsA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.281 ratingsA healthy and low calorie chicken casserole with bacon, button mushrooms, peas and a parsley sauce – use chicken thighs for extra flavour and juiciness
- Carrot biryaniA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.106 ratingsPrepare and cook our low-calorie vegetarian biryani in just 25 minutes using carrot, cashew nuts and Indian spices. Serve with coriander and dollops of yogurt
- Curried codA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.359 ratingsAn easy-to-prepare midweek one-pot with cod fillet, chickpeas, ginger and spices – it’s healthy, low calorie and packed with iron too.
- Spicy root & lentil casseroleA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.819 ratingsThe potatoes in this recipe take on the spicy flavours beautifully – our idea of the perfect veggie supper
- Healthy fish & chips with tartare sauceA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.44 ratingsA perfectly healthy Friday night special meal for two, fish and chips
- Speedy butternut squash barley ‘risotto’A star rating of 4.2 out of 5.6 ratingsSwap rice for barley to make this easy squash ‘risotto’ with spinach and sage. It’s healthy and low in calories and fat – perfect for a quick supper
- Prawn, fennel & rocket risottoA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.42 ratingsThis prawn and fennel risotto gets a little extra kick from lemon zest and and rocket – perfect for a dinner party
- Lentil & cauliflower curryA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.84 ratingsAn earthy spice pot that’s low in fat and calories. Use your favourite curry paste along with mustard seeds, turmeric and coconut yogurt
- Cauliflower, paneer & pea curryA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.146 ratingsReady in less than an hour, this easy, vegetarian curry recipe made with pan-fried Indian cheese and vegetables is also cheap to prepare
- Chicken, broccoli & beetroot salad with avocado pestoA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.21 ratingsThis superfood supper is packed with ingredients to give your body a boost, such as red onion, nigella seeds, walnuts, avocado oil and lemon
- Superhealthy salmon saladA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.18 ratingsSuperhealthy by name, superhealthy by nature: this salad is high in omega-3, iron and calcium and counts as 2 of your 5-a-day
- Pan-cooked feta with beetroot salsa & bean mashA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.48 ratingsWhip up this budget vegetarian dinner in minutes – pile slices of light feta onto cannellini bean mash and top with tangy beetroot salsa
- Vegan chilliA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.210 ratingsThis vegan chilli packs in plenty of vegetables and doesn’t fall short on the flavour front. Serve it with rice or in jacket potatoes for a filling supper
- Courgette, pea & pesto soupA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.88 ratingsEnjoy this super healthy soup when you want a comforting but low-calorie lunch – rich in fibre, vitamin C and folic acid
- Rich paprika seafood bowlA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.11 ratingsEating healthy isn’t all about salad, this fish stew counts as 3 of your 5-a-day and it’s low-fat
Easy Dinners for Weight Loss You’ll Want to Make Forever
These no-fuss, headache-free recipes use fewer ingredients and fewer steps for a delicious, weeknight-friendly dinner. Each recipe has fewer than 575 calories and at least 6 grams of fiber per serving, so you can meet your weight loss nutrition goals and still have a flavorful, filling meal tonight. Recipes like our Toaster-Oven Tostadas and Two-Cheese Fusilli with Marinated Tomatoes are simple but tasty dishes you’ll return to again and again.
1 of 16
Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
Quinoa and chickpeas pack this vegetarian grain bowl with plenty of plant-based protein. Whip up a batch of these Mediterranean meals and pack in containers with lids to stash in the fridge for easy, healthy grab & go lunches all week long.
2 of 16
Green Goddess Salad with Chickpeas
In this cucumber, tomato, Swiss cheese and chickpea salad recipe, a healthy green goddess dressing is made from avocado, buttermilk and herbs. The extra dressing is delicious served with grilled vegetables.
3 of 16
Would you believe us if we said you can have restaurant-style tostadas at home in just 15 minutes? It’s no problem! Simply layer black beans and Cheddar onto corn tortillas and toast in the toaster oven.
4 of 16
Two-Cheese Fusilli with Marinated Tomatoes
In this healthy vegetarian pasta recipe, using the tastiest possible ingredients is key. That’s why we opt for the richer flavor of whole-milk ricotta over part-skim. Pair with a big green salad and a bottle of chilled rosé for a summer meal on the deck.
5 of 16
Vegetable Weight-Loss Soup
A big bowl of this veggie-packed minestrone will leave you satisfied for hours without consuming a lot of calories–plus it’s an easy way to boost your vegetable servings for the day. Top with a dollop of pesto before devouring this delicious skinny vegetable soup.
6 of 16
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Casseroles make perfect meal-prep dinners–this enchilada version is so easy to prep ahead. The whole casserole can be built and left to hang out in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then all you have to do is bake it off on a busy night and you have a healthy dinner on the table in a jiff. The quick homemade enchilada sauce in this recipe is great when you don’t have any of the canned sauce on hand–just season crushed tomatoes with spices and salt for an instant enchilada sauce.
7 of 16
Meal-Prep Roasted Vegetable Bowls with Pesto
Your co-workers will be jealous when you pull out this healthy lunch of roasted veggies and brown rice. Put together 4 lunches when you have time and you will have packable lunches (or ready-to-eat dinners) for several days–just grab a container on your way out the door in the morning.
8 of 16
Stuffed Sweet Potato with Hummus Dressing
Hearty yet simple to prepare, this stuffed sweet potato with black beans, kale and hummus dressing is a fantastic 5-ingredient lunch for one!
9 of 16
Black Bean-Quinoa Bowl
This black bean and quinoa bowl has many of the usual hallmarks of a taco salad, minus the fried bowl. We’ve loaded it up with pico de gallo, fresh cilantro and avocado plus an easy hummus dressing to drizzle on top.
10 of 16
Baked Spinach & Feta Pasta
Feta softens in the oven before it’s combined with spinach and pasta, with the pasta cooking right in the baking dish. Enjoy this one-pan dish on its own as a vegetarian main or serve with sautéed chicken breast for a boost of protein.
healthy dinner ideas for weight loss
When weight loss is your aim, you need to reduce your total calorie intake by around 500 calories a day. This equates to an intake of approximately 1,200-1,400 calories per day for women (or around 1,800 calories a day for men), depending upon height, weight and activity levels.
1 How many calories per meal to lose weight?
At dinner time, women should aim for between 300-400 calories, while men should keep to 400-500 calories (by adding some extra protein, wholegrains or good fats). Ensure there is a lean source of protein (such as chicken, fish, legumes, tofu, meat, or eggs) and aim at least for 2-3 serves of vegetables. Add a salad of extra greens (such as rocket, spinach, lettuce), cherry tomatoes and chopped cucumber if necessary to boost the veg content for negligible calories.
2 Recommended exercise per week
While what you eat is critical for weight loss, increasing physical activity and exercise will also help you reach your goal, especially if you tend to be sedentary and sit all day at work. Incidental exercise such as taking the stairs instead of the lift, or parking a block away from where you need to go, does all add up. Physical activity guidelines recommend (for good health) we are active on most days, and accumulate 2 ½ -5 hours of moderate intensity physical activity (or 1 ¼ – 2 ½ hours vigorous intensity) every week. It is also important to include muscle-strengthening activities on at least two days of the week. Read on for 42 dinner ideas that all come in at under 400 calories per serve.
3Japanese chicken with greens and rice
This healthy chicken and rice dinner is full of Japanese flavours and is perfect for busy weeknights.
4Healthy Spanish chicken and beans
Searching for healthy meal prep recipe ideas? This low-cal one-pan chicken and beans dish ticks all the right boxes.
5Healthier chicken and vegie one-pot
This lighter chicken and veg casserole will cure all your comfort food cravings without derailing your healthy eating plan.
6Citrus and herb chicken
In-season asparagus is easy and delicious grilled until just tender, while cherry tomatoes add sweetness and colour to this vibrant chicken dish.
7Healthy harissa chicken, lentil and kale tray bake
Packed full of flavour, this healthy tray bake has over 3 serves of veg per serve and with added protein of chicken and lentils. It is a great winter dinner option that will impress all the family.
8Lemon chicken noodle salad
Flash-fried chicken strips and fresh lemon dressing puts a healthy spin on the much-loved Vietnamese noodle salad.
9Braised lentils with cumin-spiced chicken
Lentils and fragrant chicken combine for a gluten free meal, high with protein, low in fat and light on the pocket.
10Low-cal chicken burgers with sweet potato and beetroot chips
Looking for a healthier burger that you will love! Try this low-cal succulent chicken burger topped with healthy vegies. You can have chips too – just swap regular chips for these crispy sweet potato and beetroot chips.