Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes Indian, gives you access to your favorite recipes. This app is able to bring you title, ingredients, directions and images for your favorite Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes Indian.
Are you looking for some easy, healthy dinner recipes for Indian? I have created a list of Indian dishes to help you start eating healthier.
Healthy Indian recipes
Enjoy Indian food with a healthier twist, from curries and side dishes to soups and salads. They not only taste fantastic but also contribute to your 5-a-day.
- A star rating of 4.3 out of 5.26 ratingsYou’ll love Angela Nilsen’s version of this classic Indian favourite – it tastes authentic but is far lighter and healthier
- Low-fat chicken biryaniA star rating of 3.9 out of 5.27 ratingsThis fragrant Indian chicken curry with rice topping has half the fat of your normal takeaway, and it’s low calorie
- Chana masala (chickpea curry) with spinachA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.48 ratingsA superhealthy vegetable-packed curry with chickpeas, spinach and tomatoes. Serve this delicious Indian dish with filling brown basmati rice
- Curried chickpeasA star rating of 4 out of 5.36 ratingsServe this side as part of an Indian meal for a healthy bit of spice
- Stir-fried mushrooms & spinach with golden onionsA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.5 ratingsA perfect accompaniment to Indian lamb – with a lovely contrast of textures. Superhealthy – this recipe counts as 2 of your 5-a-day
- Mumbai potato wraps with minted yogurt relishA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.26 ratingsThis help-yourself veggie supper is full of fresh flavours and low-fat too
- Tomato kachumberA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.6 ratingsThis Indian chopped salad makes a fresh and flavourful addition to a sharing or buffet spread with tangy red onion, cumin and coriander
- Spicy cauliflowerA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.32 ratingsThis superhealthy curry side dish is a Punjabi staple. Deliciously spicy, it’s also a good source of vitamin C
- New potato & tamarind saladA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.10 ratingsTamarind is commonly used to flavour potatoes in India, and makes this low-fat salad authentic and punchy
- Curried chickpea cake with tomato sambalA star rating of 3 out of 5.8 ratingsGet four of your 5-a-day in this quick and healthy lunch or supper. It’s made with eggs, chickpeas and spices and topped with a fresh Indian-style salad
- Spiced basmati riceA star rating of 3.4 out of 5.5 ratingsSlow cook your basmati in the style of a pilaf by steaming with spices for this Keralan-style Indian side dish
- Creamy chicken & mango curryA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.72 ratingsUse korma paste, turmeric and black onion seeds as the base for this mild, Indian spice-pot, made creamy with coconut milk
- Chicken masala skewersA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.10 ratingsThese skewers are great with a dollop of mango chutney or raita, and can also be cooked on the barbecue for hot summer days
- Tandoori tilapia with spicy sweet potato mash & tomato saladA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.6 ratingsThis Indian-influenced grilled fish supper packs in all of your five-a-day in one mildly spiced, light dish
- Roast cauliflower & hazelnut pilafA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.22 ratingsThis simple basmati rice pot is flavoured with coriander, garam masala and ginger for a healthy and satisfying meal
- Gujarati cabbage with coconut & potatoA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.20 ratingsThis superhealthy, stir-fried side makes a tasty vegetarian supper served with rice and dhal
- Tomato & tamarind fish curryA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.8 ratingsUse a sustainable white fish like hake and serve up this healthy, Indian spice-pot with green beans and coriander
- Spicy cauliflower pilauA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.5 ratingsThis healthy, Indian-inspired side dish is made from cauliflower florets instead of rice – a quick and gluten-free addition to curry night
- Chicken, potato & green bean curryA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.27 ratingsThis mild, creamy curry is a superhealthy way to start the week. Serve with naan breads warm from the oven
- Vegetable vegan biriyani with carrot saladA star rating of 3.5 out of 5.10 ratingsA meat and dairy-free, Indian-inspired basmati rice dish with cauliflower, French beans, peas, potatoes, homemade curry paste and carrot salad
- Chicory & orange salad with ginger dressingA star rating of 5 out of 5.1 ratingA fresh and light salad that makes a great accompaniment to an Indian-style buffet, perfect for New Year or a celebration
Indian vegetarian dinner recipes that’ll blow your mind
Midweek meals looking a bit same-same these days? Spice it up with these Indian-inspired dinner ideas, from fragrant curries served with naan to mop up all the delicious sauce to easy throw-together biryanis. This gallery is brought to you by Mission Wraps.
1Indian lentil and egg curry
On the table in 40 minutes, this Indian vegetarian curry is loaded with lentils, spinach and creamy eggs. Use the roti to mop up all those delicious flavours.
2Sweet spiced roast pumpkin and brown rice salad
This roast pumpkin salad it loaded with nutty brown rice, crunchy almonds and sweet sultanas, and makes a delicious side or light lunch.
3Tandoori-rubbed pumpkin wedges with lentil and herb salad
Served with a mango and yoghurt dressing, this Indian-inspired vegetarian recipe is perfect as light lunch or side for dinner.
4Indian chana masala
Budget tight? Short on time? Dinner is sorted with this quick and easy chickpea curry made with pantry staples.
5Curried vegetable hand pies
These hand pies are packed with veggies, lentils and a subtle curry flavour! Perfect paired with a salad for dinner or as an after school snack!
Liven up basic baked potatoes with these incredibly colourful and tasty Indian inspired tray bake!
7Roasted cauliflower dhal
Team golden roast cauliflower with curried lentils and crispy beans for a warming meat-free meal.
8Spicy dhal with eggs
This spicy vegetarian main is ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknights!
9Grilled korma tofu steaks with lentil and spinach cauliflower rice
Vegetarians will love this main meal of Indian-spiced tofu served on a healthy, gluten-free bed of spinach cauliflower rice.
10Curried tofu and vegetable patties
Go meat-free with these super speedy patties, perfect for a vegetarian dinner or a lunchbox filler.
Combine chickpeas, corn kernels and black beans to make a delicious vegan burger the whole family will enjoy.
12Vegan chickpea tikka masala
For a meal everyone can enjoy try this vegan chickpea curry made with hints of coconut and ginger.
13Indian-style potato and pea smash
Frozen vegetables come good in this tasty potato and pea Indian treat. The best part – it’s ready in 20 minutes!
14Spiced potatoes and chickpeas
Spice up your life with these tasty spiced potatoes and chickpeas.
15Turmeric cauliflower steaks
Add some colour to your cauliflower with turmeric. These cauliflower steaks are easy to prepare and would make an excellent vegetarian side or main dish.
Healthy Indian-Inspired Recipes for Weeknights
On busy weeknights, you can enjoy a bold and delicious Indian-inspired meal with ease. The key is to use plenty of spices in your meal because they can add a punch of flavor in a short amount of time. Recipes like Lemon Rice (Chitrannam), Okra Fry (Bhindi Masala) and Easy Saag Paneer are healthy and satisfying on any night.
6 of 15
Okra Fry (Bhindi Masala)
To avoid the sliminess that turns many people off okra, Indians cook it over high heat in a lot of oil. In this healthy okra recipe, we get similar results with less oil using a nonstick pan. For an authentic taste, use a hot, smoky Indian chili powder, such as reshampatti. Serve with brown basmati rice and yogurt.
7 of 15
Scrambled Egg Curry
This mildly spiced Indian scrambled egg recipe makes a great light lunch or light dinner. Tuck the curried eggs into a warm whole-wheat tortilla or an Indian flatbread, like paratha, which can be found in the freezer case at Indian markets. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
8 of 15
Cilantro Chutney (Kothmiri Chatni)
Indian chutneys (or chatnis) are savory, vibrant and exploding with flavor, with a thin, saucy consistency. In this green chutney recipe, cilantro creates the basic sauce that serves as a condiment for many Indian snacks, street foods and sandwiches. The serrano chile gives it quite a blast of heat, so use less if you like a tamer sauce. Try this chutney in place of your favorite hot sauce.
9 of 15
Savory Summer Squash Muffins (Dhoodhi Handvo)
Indian handvo are savory quick breads traditionally made with lauki (also called calabash), a large, mild squash found in India. In this healthy recipe, we use easier-to-find zucchini and bake them in a muffin tin so they all get delightfully crispy edges.
10 of 15
Curried Shrimp & Potato Kebabs
This curried potato and shrimp kebab recipe cooks in less than 5 minutes on the grill and packs plenty of flavor thanks to a generous amount of curry powder, garlic and cilantro.
11 of 15
A tandoori-inspired spice rub and smokiness from the grill flavor these tofu “steaks.” While you’re there, grill some vegetables, too, to serve alongside. Serve with: Grilled eggplant and cherry tomato skewers and brown basmati rice.
12 of 15
Indian-Spiced Chicken Pitas
Make a perfect summer supper: grill spice-rubbed chicken breasts and tuck them into whole-wheat pitas along with fresh vegetables and a tangy yogurt sauce. Serve with: Grilled vegetables and a pilsner.
13 of 15
Roast Chicken Dal
A dal is traditionally a lentil side, often the accompaniment for curry. Here, combined with roast chicken (or rotisserie chicken), it moves from the side of the plate to its center for a quick lunch or an easy weeknight dinner.
14 of 15
Vegetarian Tikka Masala
In this vegetarian tikka masala recipe, we combine crisp tofu pieces and vegetables in a spiced tomato sauce to make a healthy and flavorful dish. If you like spicy food, increase the amount of crushed red pepper. Serve with steamed brown rice for a healthier take on a classic takeout dish.
15 of 15
Quick Chicken Tikka Masala
One of the most popular Indian dishes in the U.S. and the U.K., chicken tikka masala usually involves several steps including marinating and grilling the chicken before simmering in a curried tomato cream sauce. We’ve simplified it to a one-skillet dish and lightened it by increasing the vegetables, omitting the butter and using less cream. Serve with brown basmati rice and, for dessert, dates.