So, the title of this article should really be “Easy Healthy Dinners For Weight Loss, if you are willing to make them a habit.” Change is hard and habits are even harder. Even though we may not always feel like cooking, it’s crucial if you want to achieve your weight loss goals.
Need some easy healthy dinners for weight loss? Here are 5 simple and delicious recipes for you.
Dinners to Help You Lose Weight in 2022
These fresh recipes run the gamut from cozy chilis to impressive pasta dinners, so you can find a delicious recipe to fit your routine and meet your nutrition goals. Each of these dinners is low in calories but high in fiber, so you can enjoy a light meal that will leave you feeling satisfied at the end of the day. Recipes like our Stuffed Pepper Soup and Chicken & Mushroom Ragu are healthy, tasty ways to bring new flavors into your kitchen.
1 of 22
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Canned pumpkin adds mellow background flavor and works to thicken up this turkey pumpkin chili. Smoked paprika adds flavor with a hint of spice. This chili is on the thicker side—if you want it thinner, add a bit more water.
2 of 22
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Inspired by stuffed peppers, this soup is ready faster and with fewer dishes too! Have fun with the toppings—we top it with onion, Cheddar cheese and tortilla chips here, but salsa, sour cream and corn would also make stellar additions.
3 of 22
Winter Vegetable Mulligatawny Soup
Our meatless version of the Indian-inspired British colonial soup includes parsnip and squash to keep it hearty and satisfying.
4 of 22
White Bean & Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi
Sun-dried tomatoes are the star of this recipe— providing texture and umami. Combined with the spinach, they make this dish a great source of vitamins C and K.
5 of 22
Chicken & Mushroom Ragu
An electric pressure cooker makes quick work of this rich, savory sauce. Deglazing with wine and scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot is the key to building flavor.
6 of 22
Acorn Squash & Chorizo Tacos
Cooking the spicy chorizo on top of the vegetables helps season them—as they cook, the squash and onion absorb the flavorful sausage drippings. Finish these squash and chorizo tacos with hot sauce for even more heat.
7 of 22
Smoked Brisket Tacos
Leftover brisket makes terrific tacos. Salty cotija cheese, also called queso añejo, provides a sharp counterpoint to the smoky brisket. Find it near other specialty cheeses or in Mexican grocery stores. To make this recipe kosher, omit the cheese and use vegan yogurt in Step 2
8 of 22
White Bean Soup with Pasta
We use mirepoix—a combination of onion, celery and carrots—to flavor this soup. Keep a store-bought bag of the mixture in your freezer to ensure you always have some on hand without worrying about it going bad.
9 of 22
Cauliflower Fajita Skillet
Thinly sliced cauliflower florets mimic the signature shape of fajita meat in this dish. We cook it in a cast-iron skillet for that tableside sizzle you’d get at a restaurant.
10 of 22
Fajita-Inspired Chicken-Stuffed Peppers
These chicken-stuffed peppers feature a delicious blend of savory ingredients that closely resemble the flavors of chicken fajitas. The chicken and bean filling fits neatly into a nice, sweet pepper with a cheesy topping. Packaged brown rice makes this dinner super easy, but leftover rice will work just as well!
Healthy recipes for weight loss
It’s still possible to eat well while losing weight. Check out our lighter lunch recipes & healthy but satisfying dinners, all for 500 calories or less.
- A star rating of 4.2 out of 5.21 ratingsLentils make a low-fat addition to these minced pork patties for a healthier family favourite – still full of herby, garlicky flavour
- Pork & aubergine noodle stir-fryA star rating of 3.7 out of 5.10 ratingsEnjoy this quick and healthy pork and aubergine stir-fry on busy weeknights. This recipe for two also gives you leftovers to make pork & aubergine lettuce cups for lunch the next day
- Charred cauliflower, lemon & caper orzoA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.17 ratingsMake this easy orzo and cauliflower dish in just 25 minutes. It serves one for a main meal, plus there’s leftovers to enjoy for lunch the next day
- ExclusiveFragrant pork & lemongrass noodles. This is a premium piece of content available to registered users.A star rating of 4.8 out of 5.4 ratingsIn just 20 minutes you can be enjoying a stir-fry heady with lemongrass, ginger and lime. If you prefer thicker noodles, they’ll also work instead of vermicelli
- Tomato penne with avocadoA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.156 ratingsGet all five of your 5-a-day in this mildly spiced, healthy pasta dish. It’s rich in iron, fibre and vitamin C as well as being low-fat and low-calorie
- Tuna, caper & chilli spaghettiA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.25 ratingsThrow together tuna, capers and rocket with garlic, chilli and spaghetti to make this easy and healthy supper. It takes just 25 minutes to make
- Roasted chickpea wrapsA star rating of 4 out of 5.32 ratingsThis super-healthy vegetarian supper packs in 4 of your 5 a day, with avocados, roasted red peppers and spiced chickpeas
- Salsa verde baked eggsA star rating of 5 out of 5.2 ratingsDunk flatbreads into these salsa verde baked eggs to soak up the lovely juices. Healthy and low in calories, it takes just 15 minutes to make
- Pork souvlakiA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.55 ratingsServe our speedy pork souvlaki skewers when you’re in need of a quick and easy midweek meal. Serve with flatbreads and yogurt and chilli sauces on the side
- Turkey enchiladasA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.72 ratingsFill flour tortillas with lean turkey mince in a rich tomato sauce, then top with cheese and bake for a family friendly Mexican dinner
- South American-style quinoa with fried eggsA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.11 ratingsSuper-charge your lunch with protein-rich quinoa and combine it with black beans, avocado and fried egg in this nutritious veggie dish for two
- Lemony chicken stew with giant couscousA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.55 ratingsThis healthy Moroccan-style one-pot can be slow-cooked and dished up at different times – ideal for busy households
- Smoky beans on toastA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.36 ratingsForget shop-bought cans of baked beans. This homemade version is tastier and healthier, with an impressive four of your 5-a-day
- Lemon cod with basil bean mashA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.77 ratingsA heart-healthy supper that makes the perfect midweek meal for two
- Chicken & new potato traybakeA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.43 ratingsPop chicken thighs and potatoes in one pot and roast with olives, lemon, garlic and bay leaves for a lazy weekend lunch or dinner
- Butternut biryani with cucumber raitaA star rating of 3.9 out of 5.50 ratingsCook our healthy veggie curry using dried mushrooms, spices and butternut squash. It contains three of your 5-a-day along with calcium, iron and fibre
- Spicy peanut piesA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.20 ratingsBake our healthy, African-inspired peanut pies for a delicious veggie dinner. A portion provides all of your 5-a-day, plus iron, fibre, folate and vitamin C
- Sweetcorn fritters with chipotle codA star rating of 3.6 out of 5.5 ratingsRustle up some sweetcorn fritters to enjoy with cod in a spicy tomato sauce for a speedy midweek meal. It’s ready in just 20 minutes
- Meatball & tomato soupA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.72 ratingsGet three of your 5-a-day in one serving with this healthy, low-calorie tomato soup. The addition of meatballs and giant couscous means it’s filling, too
- Steaks with goulash sauce & sweet potato friesA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.30 ratingsEnjoy fillet steak with sauce for a healthy dinner that also boasts sweet potato fries, spinach and cherry tomatoes. You’ll be getting all of your 5-a-day
- Roasted cod with zingy beetroot saladA star rating of 5 out of 5.4 ratingsMake the most of the colour and flavour of beetroot with our easy roasted cod served on a beetroot, new potato and carrot salad with a lovely zingy dressing
- Thai prawn & ginger noodlesA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.61 ratingsThis seafood stir-fry, with fiery ginger and crunchy veg, is as healthy as it is delicious – a low-fat and low-calorie weeknight dinner
- Superhealthy salmon saladA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.18 ratingsSuperhealthy by name, superhealthy by nature: this salad is high in omega-3, iron and calcium and counts as 2 of your 5-a-day
- Duck ragu with pappardelle & swedeA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.41 ratingsSubstituting half your pasta for swede ribbons and the breast of the duck rather than the leg makes this a leaner, but equally delicious, ragu
- Green pesto minestroneA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.25 ratingsA generous grating of parmesan balances the citrus in this fresh, healthy pesto soup. A simple veggie supper you can serve with fluffy garlic flatbreads
Healthy dinner recipes to lose weight
Looking for a lighter dinner? We have plenty of healthy, satisfying recipes between 200-500 calories. Enjoy cauliflower curry, chicken stew, risotto, burgers and more.
- A star rating of 3.8 out of 5.12 ratingsBenefit from the slow-release energy of lentils and wholegrains combined with the rich flavour of smoked tofu, paprika and sweet peppers
- Spicy meatballs with chilli black beansA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.98 ratingsGive your favourite meatballs a healthy makeover with this low fat, low calorie, low GI recipe with turkey mince, black beans and avocado
- Summer fish stewA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.17 ratingsThis storecupboard fish stew is bulked out with bread and is full of fresh, summer flavours
- Sweet potato & cauliflower lentil bowlA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.29 ratingsWhip up this zingy vegan bowl in advance and keep in the fridge for quick, satisfying lunches on demand. Each bowlful boasts four of your 5-a-day
- Chipotle chicken tacos with pineapple salsaA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.35 ratingsA spicy, smoky chicken filling in soft tortillas, this moreish, low-calorie dinner is on the table in just 20 minutes
- Baked piri-piri tilapia with crushed potatoesA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.25 ratingsA healthy low-fat, low-calorie fish dish that’s bursting with flavour as well as being rich in fibre, folate, iron and vitamin C
- Pea & feta pearl barley stewA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.19 ratingsThis storecupboard grain adds a nutty flavour and texture to create a comforting, low-calorie dish
- Spinach, sweet potato & lentil dhalA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.738 ratingsA comforting vegan one-pot recipe that counts for 3 of your 5-a-day! You can’t go wrong with this iron-rich, low-fat, low-calorie supper.
- Swedish meatballsA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.12 ratingsCook pork mince meatballs and serve with classic lingonberry or cranberry sauce and spring greens for a healthy, low-calorie family meal
- Cod with cucumber, avocado & mango salsa saladA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.46 ratingsIf you’re looking for a healthy lunch bursting with the colours and flavours of summer, this delicious cod, avocado and mango salad is low in fat and calories
- Greek-style roast fishA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.147 ratingsOven-bake white fish fillets with potatoes, tomatoes and herbs for a healthy and gluten-free weeknight dinner
- Mushroom & thyme risottoA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.59 ratingsUsing a mixture of quinoa and rice gives a light texture and lovely nutty flavour to this dish
- Pulled chicken saladA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.33 ratingsPull apart a ready-roasted chicken to whip up this healthy, vibrant, low-calorie dish in just 20 minutes
- Barley & broccoli risotto with lemon & basilA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.23 ratingsBarley and broccoli are packed with vitamins to lower cholesterol and regulate your appetite. This vegan, low-calorie supper will keep you fuller for longer
- Ginger chicken & green bean noodlesA star rating of 3.8 out of 5.31 ratingsTry this speedy one-pan ginger chicken with noodles and green beans as a quick and easy midweek meal. It’s healthy, low in fat and calories, too
- Courgette lasagneA star rating of 4.1 out of 5.27 ratingsA classic veggie recipe that uses fresh, seasonal veg, is low calorie and bound to please the whole family
- Spiced halloumi & pineapple burger with zingy slawA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.43 ratingsPack four of your 5-a-day into these tasty veggie burgers with barbecued halloumi. Wrap in lettuce cups instead of buns for a healthy, low-calorie option
- Creamy tomato risottoA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.230 ratingsA budget rice dish flavoured with rosemary, basil and sweet cherry tomatoes. An ideal midweek supper
- Seared steak with celery & pepper caponataA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.21 ratingsServe lean fillet steak with a rich, Italian-style pepper, olive and caper sauce and wilted spinach
- Chicken piccata with garlicky greens & new potatoesA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.37 ratingsMake more time midweek with our tasty chicken piccata with capers, greens and new potatoes. Ready in 20 minutes, it’s healthy and low in calories too
- Bombay potato frittataA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.27 ratingsPack in the flavour with this Indian-inspired frittata. Perfect for a healthy lunch, it’s low in calories and fat and full of nutrients
- Lentil soupA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.82 ratingsEnjoy this filling veggie soup with red lentils, carrots and leeks. It’s low in calories and fat and delivers three of your 5-a-day
- Slow-cooker vegetable lasagneA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.126 ratingsMake this low-calorie veggie lasagne as a lighter alternative to the traditional bake. It’s layered with pasta, ratatouille and sliced aubergine, and packs in all of your five-a-day
- Chipotle chicken & slawA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.21 ratingsEnjoy our hot and spicy chicken drumsticks with homemade slaw on the side for a healthy and low calorie supper. Serve with steamed corn on the cob