Easy Healthy Lunchbox Ideas For Adults
You are going to love these creative 8 Wholesome Lunch-Box Ideas for Adults and Kids alike, that go way beyond your typical deli sandwich! Use some fresh fruits and veggies when trying these adult lunch box ideas!
I’m full of lunchbox tips. Check these out: Six Quick and Easy Hummus Lunch Boxes, 6 Easy Pinwheel Recipes for Lunch Boxes and Make Ahead Lunch Box Ideas.
Easy Make-Ahead Lunch-Box Recipes
I’ve been working on prepping meals/ingredients/lunches/stuff for the freezer more and more lately and it has been such an awesome thing to have done and ready to use! I even had the chance to teach a meal planning/food prep class to over 30 women this past month and I loved it. I’m getting into a great groove and having more food conveniently ready in the fridge is a game changer.
What is it about the spring that is a total zoo? We have everything from the dentist and t-ball practice to the spring dance recital and baseball going on. Having healthy food ready to go in the fridge means that I’m making good choices, even on the craziest of days.
I do pretty well about planning dinner, but it’s a whole lot harder to plan lunch. I thought I’d take a little time to prep some awesome lunches and share them with you today. These are simple, wholesome lunch-box ideas for adults. Kids could enjoy them too but I had adults in mind when I created them. These are perfect adult lunch box ideas to enjoy on the go, at work, or even at the park with the kids. Real food never looked so good.
What’s the Key to a Great Lunch on the Go?
I like to make sure my grownup lunchboxes all use simple, real food that can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge. This makes it easy to grab and go, and not be stuck having to choose fast food or something you don’t really want to eat (or worse, not eat at all!).
What’s the Best Way to Store and Carry Lunch to Go?
You must get some lunchboxes you love! These Easy Lunch Boxes are super great for my kids and myself alike. It helps you portion everything out easily, plus it makes clean up and transporting simple.
How Can You Make Meal Prep Easier?
I like to prep lunches while I’m making dinner and already have out my knife and cutting board. You can also do a big meal prep session, or you can prep a little as you go. Whatever is easiest for you! Check out all of my meal prep tips here!
Tips and Tricks for Making Adult Lunch Boxes:
- The key to great lunches are keeping them simple, using real food, and making things that can be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge. All of these lunches hit all three of those things.
- Get some lunch boxes you love! I bought a set of Easy Lunch Boxes when my oldest went to kindergarten so that she could start packing her lunch and we still use and love them all of the time. When I’m packing my school kids’ lunches, I’ll often just make three more lunches for the little boys at home. They love eating out of these cute boxes and I love that the work is done. I’ve now bought a few more sets of these and we still love them.
- I like to prep lunches while I’m making dinner and already have out my knife and cutting board. You can set out to do a big meal prep session or you can prep a little as you go, it’s up to you.
- Have you started making no bake oatmeal bites for your lunches yet? We are OBSESSED with these little balls of goodness.
Possible Lunch Box Combos:
- Easy Pasta Salad (leftover pasta + chopped zucchini/red onion/tomato/bell peppers/ham + salad dressing (roasted garlic, creamy Italian, and classic vinaigrette are awesome in this)
- Cashews + dark chocolate chips
- Kiwi + blueberries
- Celery/carrots/bell peppers/broccoli
- Dried fruit (mango/pineapple/blueberries/apricots) + dark chocolate
- Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Curry + brown rice (my favorite leftovers!)
- Dark chocolate
- Red and green grapes
- Salami + provolone
- Radishes/cucumber/carrots/black olives
- Apple and Peanut Butter “Sandwiches”
- Cashews + almonds + pecans + dark chocolate chips
- Boiled eggs
- Carrots + celery
- Egg Salad
- Black olives/celery/carrots/broccoli/radishes/bell peppers
- Dried blueberries/apricots/pineapple + dark chocolate + almonds
- Cooked Quinoa + Roasted Veggies + Chicken Breast (great with optional dressing on top, and I love the roasted garlic on this)
- Red and green grapes
- Pecans + almonds + dates + dark chocolate chips
- Green Salad (all the veggies + optional ham/cheese/boiled egg). If I’m going to eat it within an hour or two, I’ll add the dressing before I leave the house. I’ll bring the dressing in a separate container if I’m not going to eat it for a few hours. Don’t dress the day you make it; it gets soggy fast.
- Blueberries + raspberries
- Dark chocolate
Wasn’t that awesome and pretty painless? The noodles and curry are leftovers from a dinner and the boiled eggs and salad dressings can be made ahead of time. Even if you were whipping these up one at a time in the morning, they shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to put together.
I am so excited for you to make and try a few of these wholesome packed lunch ideas for adults! It’s a simple way to get whole foods for lunch, even on the craziest of days
Healthy Lunch Box Ideas for Adults
Lunch Ideas for Adults
Are you looking for some bento lunch box ideas for work or a day out?
There are awesome lunch box ideas for adults that are healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes.
We all know how much it can cost us to buy food when we are out and about.
While buying lunch is convenient and quick, it’s not a cost-effective option.
Packing your own lunch is going to save you money and give you the peace of mind knowing that you are eating healthy food.
Now the biggest hurdle is, brainstorming make-ahead lunch box ideas that will stay fresh all day.
To help with this, I have put together a list of healthy lunch ideas for adults that can be made a day in advance. These recipes stay fresh all day and work well for family picnics too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read disclosure.
Here’s a little tip.
When it comes to packing lunch, the easiest food idea that comes to mind is sandwiches. Try and make use of leftover ingredients for this so you are not wasting food.
I have a post that shows you how to use this free recipe finder that helps you with cooking meals from left-over ingredients in your fridge.
When you have just one carrot or a small piece of pumpkin, and can’t think of a recipe to use them in, the recipe finder will help you with some ideas.
Okay, now let’s get onto this list of lunchbox ideas for adults that are great for the weekdays.
10 Packed Lunch Ideas for Adults
1. CHICKEN HUMMUS NAAN WRAP
An easy chicken wrap recipe you can throw together in just 15 minutes for a quick & healthy dinner or lunch.
Featuring simple ingredients like shredded chicken, hummus, chopped fresh veggies, a homemade vinaigrette, and crumbled cheese all piled onto a piece of soft & chewy naan bread.
2. VEGAN CHICKPEA SANDWICH
This 5-ingredient Mashed Chickpea Salad is vegan, gluten-free, and ready in 10 minutes.
Meal prep it for weekday lunch or healthy snack. This chickpea salad is spreadable, so it’s also perfect on crackers and wraps.
3. BUFFALO CHICKEN PASTA
4. CURRY EGGLESS SALAD
This easy and flavorful vegan egg salad is made with 10 healthy ingredients.
5. HEALTHY CHICKEN WRAP
Dinner is served! These delicious and Healthy Chicken Wraps are super simple to prepare and ready in only 20 minutes!
Bonus, these wraps save great and are perfect for workweek lunches.
6. Chicken and Bacon Wrap
A good lunch is filling, flavorful, and easy to make. And this Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap checks all of the boxes. Enjoy a healthy and refreshing family favorite lunch that’s economical and simple to make using leftover chicken.
7. TURKEY AVOCADO SANDWICH
A simple turkey sandwich that’s quick and easy to make!
8. Cheesy Taco Tortilla Roll-Ups
Loaded with a creamy, cheesy ground beef taco filling that’s oh so tasty, Cheesy Taco Tortilla Roll-Ups deliver up great flavor, offer make-ahead convenience, and are easy to make, too. What more could you ask for in a tasty little bite?
9. Lemon Herb Orzo Salad
This bright and fresh pasta salad is a simple and tasty make ahead lunch! Packed with roasted asparagus, chickpeas, and crunchy radishes, with lots of herbs and lemon vinaigrette for flavor!
10. MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
Mediterranean salad made with leafy greens, feta cheese, chickpeas, olives, fresh chopped veggies, and shredded cooked chicken, then topped with a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
Fix this for a quick lunch or dinner in about 15 minutes or prep it ahead of time for a simple & healthy meal.
Lunch Ideas You Can Make in 10 Minutes
Epic summer salad
Make a big batch of this glorious summer salad to plan for the week ahead. It’s packed with avocado, spinach, black beans, sweetcorn, feta cheese and mango, and topped off with a minty dressing.
Green goddess chicken salad
Treat yourself to this chicken salad – it’s bursting with colours and flavours, including basil, jalapeño and lime. It also boasts four of your five-a-day.
Guacamole & mango salad with black beans
Get four of your five-a-day with this healthy salad of mango, avocado and beans. It’s a nutritional powerhouse that’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Tuna, avocado & quinoa salad
Put canned tuna to work with this storecupboard salad recipe. Combine tuna with filling avocado, quinoa, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and feta cheese crumbles.
Crunchy bulgur salad
This vibrant summer salad is loaded with radishes, edamame beans, peppers, almonds and herbs. Finish with a drizzle of homemade citrus dressing.