Not long ago I shared some very easy recipes for picky eaters . That post was really popular, and a reader recently asked if there were any other easy healthy recipes out there.
If you have picky eaters at home, you might be looking for easy healthy recipes. These are perfect for kids. Let’s get cooking! When it comes to back to school, there is so much to do and the only way to do it is with a list (and possibly some caffeine). I’m talking getting my kids ready for school!
EASY AND TASTY HEALTHY DINNER IDEAS FOR PICKY EATERS
Whether it be a child or an adult, feeding a picky eater should not be a challenge and should not be given up on. With that said, here are healthy and budget-friendly recipes picky eaters will love!
Picky eaters can be one of our loved ones or us ourselves. While most picky eaters would rather eat a big dish of pasta or a whole pizza box, there will still be times that we all need to eat healthy foods.
However, picky eaters will always avoid eating vegetables such as broccoli or would rather eat it with plenty of cheese on top. So if you are a picky eater in the family, don’t worry, we have lots of healthy dinner ideas for picky eaters in this post.
WHAT HEALTHY MEALS CAN I PREPARE FOR PICKY EATERS?
Using a “picky eater” might be unfair as it proposes a particular grumpiness connected with meals. Several kids are not grumpy when it comes to food, they love everything that you serve to them, but they want to be the ones to control what they put inside their mouths. It is okay if they put healthy meals for picky kids, but what if it isn’t. How will you let them eat?
Luckily there are healthy family meals for picky eaters you can feed for your household, and it will surely satisfy them. You will also have several options for them now. It will be easier to create dinner for picky eaters. You don’t have to cook separate meals for your picky eaters at home as you can also eat these healthy and delicious foods perfect for picky eaters.
BEST MEALS TO PREPARE FOR PICKY EATERS
It can be a daunting task preparing food for extremely picky eaters. It can create stress, frustration, and anxiety for the parent and child as it can be hard to pick the food for highly picky eaters. However, there are proven tactics and tricks you can use to let them eat everything you cook.
We all wish that the solutions for our picky eaters would be more accessible, and we also want some healthy recipes for picky eaters as we want them to be beneficial as they grow. Dinners are one of the trickiest times to cook a meal, especially when we try to ensure that they have all the nourishment they need for their tiny bodies.
These easy meals for picky eaters are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even for your snack time. Get your family together whatever they age. Even the pickiest eater in your family will surely love all the recipes we have prepared for them.
HOW DO PICKY EATERS EAT HEALTHILY?
Do you have anyone who is a picky eater at home? Are you struggling, especially during mealtime? If your toddlers or anyone at home are refusing to eat healthily and choose to eat nuggets all over again, there are ways for you to let them eat healthy foods with these low-calorie meals for picky eaters.
It is usual for toddlers to be picky when it comes to mealtime. Toddlers are still starting to develop their food preferences, and this is called an erratic process. Your toddler’s favorite food might hit your flooring one day, or they might love the snubbed food the next day and can’t get enough eating it, for several weeks, they might only like one or two kinds of meals, and it might be frustrating as you want them to have all the nourishment.
However, you need to be calm with all the situations you are going through because you are not the only one experiencing this problem in their households. It is typical behavior for all toddlers. So ensure that you have the best recipes for your picky eaters that are at the same time healthy and delicious that they will surely not get enough of the recipes. You may also search for tricks and tips for them to eat healthy foods.
WHAT FOODS ARE GOOD FOR PICKY EATERS?
Some children love having snacks with raw peppers, carrots, broccoli, and hummus, while several children can’t get enough of carb-based meals such as rice, bread, and pasta. If you wonder why there are kids who are fussy about meals, several factors affect these problems.
There is research that a child is a picky eater or fussy eater because of their traits up to the control of their parents, or it can be because they are just children. However, the most important part you must remember is that picky eaters or fussy eaters are typical for children.
It is counterproductive if a parent will overreact or try to include strict meal planning for their children to discourage their picky eater children. It is believed that parental anxiety won’t help; you should make an example for children and try to be positive in offering them meals and let them see how good any meals can be for everyone, exceptionally healthy foods.
HOW CAN A PICKY EATER LOSE WEIGHT?
Every picky eater has its go-to meals. Having your own enjoyable and easy meals is the most exciting thing, especially when you’re burned out. However, there are chances that a picky eater only prepares a few recipes as you enjoy few recipes only. It might be more challenging if you are trying to lose weight as a picky eater as you love to indulge in carbs.
However, there are ways to diet for picky eaters’ weight loss. The easiest way for you to lose weight is to change some of your ingredients that are low in calories to make it much healthier, and it will surely help you achieve the weight you want.
We all know that it is hard to lose weight, especially if you are a picky eater. But, we are here to help you with your weight loss journey. We have prepared healthy meals that you will love even if you are a picky eater.
Having a picky eater at home is very frustrating, especially if you don’t have any receipts that will fit everyone that is a picky eater. Luckily we are here to help you out with your problems with anyone that is a picky eater at your home. We have prepared several meals for all the picky eaters out there. All of these meals are healthy, and at the same time, delicious, so even the pickiest eater at your home will surely indulge it.
15. ITALIAN DRESSING CHICKEN
Italian Dressing Chicken is juicy, tender, and embarrassingly easy to make. Whether you’re making this zesty Italian Chicken on the grill or in the oven, this is a quick and simple recipe the whole family will love!
14. HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN MEAL PREP
These honey garlic chicken thighs are sweet, sticky, nutritious, and delicious. They’re quick and easy to make.
13. KETO CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE
One of my favorite things about keto is the fact that we can now eat foods with rich, fatty, creamy sauces that were supposed to be limited before, in the days of “fat is so bad for you!”
12. MEXICAN LASAGNA
This recipe is a fun twist on the classic lasagna, but rather than noodles we use tortillas! The filling is loaded with protein packed beans (multiple varieties), ground beef, salsa, and enchilada sauce.
11. HONEY ROASTED CARROTS WITH BALSAMIC
This recipe for Honey Roasted Carrots with Balsamic is a super simple way to make oven roasted carrots with lots of flavor!
Healthy dinner for kids recipes
Keep your little ones happy and healthy with nutritious family dinners they can help to make. From hidden veg pasta to light curries, we’ve got plenty of feel-good ideas.
- Chicken & veg bowlA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.5 ratingsMake this colourful chicken, brown rice and vegetable dish for the whole family. With avocado, edamame beans, sweetcorn and carrots, it’s not only tasty, but healthy too
- Pasta with tomato & hidden veg sauceA star rating of 4.4 out of 5.99 ratingsGet your family to eat more veg with this superhealthy pasta sauce recipe which counts as 5 of your 5-a-day. The sauce is freezable too
- Butternut squash & chickpea tagineA star rating of 3.7 out of 5.70 ratingsMake this tasty vegetarian tagine that kids will love as much as grown-ups. It’s a great way to serve four of their five-a-day and it’s freezeable
- Air fryer baked potatoesA star rating of 5 out of 5.2 ratingsTry baking potatoes in an air fryer to achieve a crisp skin with a fluffy centre. The process is quicker and more energy-efficient than using the oven
- Chicken schnitzel with coleslawA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.25 ratingsChicken breasts are tenderised, covered in breadcrumbs and fried until golden and crispy. A dinner that kids will love cooking and eating.
- Tomato & pasta soupA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.63 ratingsMake our simple, budget-friendly tomato, pasta and chickpea soup in just 30 minutes. This easy, vegetarian family meal is healthy and even low fat
- Chicken shish kebabsA star rating of 4.9 out of 5.7 ratingsThese barbecued kebabs are big on flavour, but the spice is toned down, so they’re great for kids. Offer some chilli sauce on the side for those who like heat, and serve with flatbread
- Teriyaki salmon parcelsA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.86 ratingsThese easy steamed fish parcels with Japanese seasoning are an ideal way to get kids in the kitchen
- Fish pie with pea & dill mashA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.14 ratingsMake this fish pie as a healthy midweek main. The peas, dill and lemon in the mash add plenty of flavour and contribute to your 5-a-day
- Fish fingers & mushy peasA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.16 ratingsThere’s no need to resort to shop-bought when making your own is so easy – use sustainable pollock and add mint and lemon to your peas
- Cheesy fish grillsA star rating of 4 out of 5.13 ratingsThis super-quick fish dish is tempting, tasty and a great way to give the kids a nutrient-packed meal without them even realising it
- Sausage & white bean casseroleA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.93 ratingsMake this easy chipolata, bean and roasted veg one-pan dish for a healthy, flavour-packed meal that the whole family will love. It offers four of your five-a-day
- Salmon pesto traybake with baby roast potatoesA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.39 ratingsKeep little kids happy at the family dinner table with this colourful salmon traybake that’s delicious and healthy, with a good dose of omega-3 from the fish
- Chicken kormaA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.288 ratingsWant a curry without too many calories? Use fat-free Greek yogurt instead of cream for a healthy korma that will give your local takeaway a run for its money
- Slow cooker chilliA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.23 ratingsBatch-cook this chilli and freeze for healthy dinners when you’re pushed for time. It’ll soon become a family favourite with hidden vegetables to nourish fussy eaters
- Lemon & yogurt chicken flatbreadsA star rating of 4.5 out of 5.22 ratingsMake these family-friendly chicken wraps with lemon, garlic and cinnamon marinade on a barbecue if the sun is shining. Serve in flatbreads with yoghurt
- Creamy veggie risottoA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.21 ratingsDisguise vegetables and make this healthy veggie risotto for kids
- Chicken, sweet potato & pea curryA star rating of 4.2 out of 5.19 ratingsServe this family-friendly chicken curry with rice or roti. It’s tasty and healthy, containing four of your 5-a-day. Add extra korma paste for added spice
- Easy turkey burgersA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.62 ratingsThese easy, healthy turkey burgers are perfect for feeding the whole family, kids included. Our tasty burgers are great for summer entertaining
- Special fried rice with prawns & chorizoA star rating of 4.8 out of 5.56 ratingsA fusion dish that merges Spanish paella with Asian egg fried rice – a great way to get kids to eat vegetables
- Chinese chicken curryA star rating of 4.7 out of 5.408 ratingsCook an easy, healthy curry with just 15 minutes preparation. Serve this replica of your favourite takeaway dish with fluffy rice for a wholesome family meal
- Chicken skewers with tzatzikiA star rating of 4.6 out of 5.13 ratingsKids will love these chicken skewers hot off the griddle for a quick supper, or pack them in wraps with green salad and tzatziki to take on a picnic
- Pineapple fried riceA star rating of 4.3 out of 5.34 ratingsAdd chunks of fresh pineapple to fried rice to transform it into something special. Serve on its own for a family dinner or as part of a banquet
Healthy Recipes for Super Picky Eaters
Picky eaters are everywhere, and they’re not just kids. Adults tend to have their own boundaries when it comes to food and they can really run the gamut, from no gluten, no dairy, or no carbs, to factors as specific as texture. There are ways to satisfy your picky eater at mealtime, you’ve just got to be creative and open to trying new techniques, while also willing to keep things simple. Not every meal has to be an elegant affair; in fact, most picky eaters will appreciate being served something that isn’t over the top when it comes to spices and seasonings, but just tastes really good. Our guide to 17 healthy recipes for super picky eaters ticks all the boxes and offers a variety of proteins and cooking techniques, guaranteed to appease even the pickiest of eaters.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets aren’t just for the kids – adults, especially pickier eaters, love them too. These tasty nuggets are coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and baked until crispy and golden brown and go great with a variety of dipping sauces on the side.
30 minutes 180 calories Easy
VE Vegan Healthy
Healthy Mac & Cheese
Adult picky eaters may be intimidated by the heaviness of a classic mac & cheese, but this recipe keeps things on the light and healthy side. It’s low in fat and calories and high in protein, and still has the same ooey gooey cheesiness that makes mac & cheese so loveable.
30 minutes 250 calories Easy
Healthy Low-Fat Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
Pancakes are a weekend staple in a lot of households, but not everyone is a fan of the traditional buttermilk variety. Give the picky eaters in your life something to look forward to at breakfast with these fluffy whole wheat banana pancakes that taste great with a few glugs of real maple syrup.
10 minutes 120 calories Easy
Simple Tortilla Pizzas
Delivery pizza always sounds like a good idea until you order it and are faced with the heaviness of grease on each slice. Making pizza at home means you can keep things light for dinner, without missing out on your favorite pizza toppings. Plus, you still get the crispy, flaky crust using tortilla shells, and who doesn’t love that?
15 minutes 220 calories Easy
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce
Traditional tomato sauce can sometimes be too overpowering for picky eaters. This roasted vegetable sauce starts with a tomato base, but adds roasted celery, carrots, onions, zucchini, broccoli, and bell peppers to smooth out the flavor and seriously increase the nutritional value.
4h 15m 50 calories Easy
Juicy Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
The secret to making these turkey burgers extra juicy? Grated zucchini. Even the pickiest of eaters will go crazy for these juicy burgers served on a whole wheat bun with as many (or as few) toppings as they want.
20 minutes 160 calories Easy
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Ranch Wraps
Sometimes being a picky eater means you need to cover everything you eat in ranch dressing to enjoy it. These wraps combine broccoli, cheese, ranch, rice, and chicken for a tasty lunch or dinner that just so happens to be nutritious.