Are you looking for easy healthy veggie dinner recipes? You’ve come to the right place. I love cooking, and I especially love cooking healthy meals. I’m sure you’re hitting a healthy-dinner-rut when all you can think about is ordering take out or going through the drive thru window. It’s just so easy!
You can whip up a delicious veggie dinner in no time that is not only healthy, but easy for the entire family to enjoy.
Vegetarian Dinners You Can Make In 25 Minutes Or Less
These meatless meals are quick and easy enough for any night of the week, so you can enjoy a healthy dinner with ease. Whip up a fresh, flavorful salad or impress your friends with a pan of enchiladas that taste like a labor of love either way, you’ll have a delicious, simple dinner you can feel good about. Recipes like our Orange-Mint Freekeh Salad with Lima Beans and White Bean Soup with Pasta are meals you’ll want to make again and again.
1. Kale & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing
This kale-quinoa salad is bursting with various tastes and textures. The kale’s fibrous texture can be broken down by massaging it, while toppings like feta, cucumber, and toasted walnuts provide crunch and saltiness.
2. White Bean & Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi
The headline ingredient in this dish is sun-dried tomatoes, which add texture and umami. They make this dish a fantastic source of vitamins C and K when combined with the spinach.
3. 25-Minute Sweet Potato & Bean Enchiladas
These quick sweet potato and bean enchiladas are diabetes-friendly thanks to egg wraps that are lower in carbs than traditional tortillas. The vegetarian filling is both sweet and savory, while the topping adds texture and freshness.
4. Crispy Rice Bowls with Fried Eggs
We topped this rice bowl recipe with avocado, carrot, radishes and spinach along with eggs, but whatever vegetables you prefer will be just as delicious.
5. Frittata with Asparagus, Leek & Ricotta
Serve this spring-vegetable-loaded frittata with an arugula salad and a hunk of crusty bread. Tip: This recipe cooks quickly, so be sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
6. Orange-Mint Freekeh Salad with Lima Beans
This salad is loaded with colorful produce: fresh mint, snap peas, radishes and oranges. For pretty snap pea slices, cut them into long, thin strips.
7. White Bean Soup with Pasta
We use mirepoix a combination of onion, celery and carrots to flavor this soup. Keep a store-bought bag of the mixture in your freezer to ensure you always have some on hand without worrying about it going bad.
8. Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This vegan chickpea salad sandwich is lemony, bright and surprisingly delicious. It’s got all the flavors of a classic tuna salad sandwich—dill, lemon and a bit of garlic—but with chickpeas instead to add a vegan source of protein and a healthy boost of fiber. Celery brings a nice crunch.
9. Quick Walnut Tacos
At Trio Plant-Based in Minneapolis, the first Black-owned plant-based restaurant in Minnesota, chef-owner Louis Hunter uses walnuts as a protein-rich substitute for ground beef to make these tacos. The ground nuts mimic the texture of meat quite nicely.
10. Egg-in-a-Hole Fried Quinoa
We used quinoa to bump up the fiber and protein in this stir-fry-inspired dish. Rather than making an omelet or stirring in the eggs as you would for fried rice, we cook them in divots right in the veggie-filled quinoa for a fun presentation. Opt for a flat skillet over a wok so you have plenty of room to nestle in the eggs.
Quick vegetarian recipes
Rustle up a sumptuous veggie meal in half an hour or less. We’ve got pasta, curries, stir-fries and a whole host of other speedy vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Make this simple pasta dish using whatever you’ve got to hand, including different pasta shapes, beans or chopped tomatoes. You can leave out the chilli if you prefer
- Spicy cauliflower & halloumi rice – Make this spicy cauliflower, spinach and halloumi rice for a speedy, simple supper. Nourishing and balanced, it’s ideal for busy weeknights
- Tomato & basil sauce – Save time and money with this simple and tasty sauce, great with pasta, meat or fish
- Kale pesto – This leafy green cabbage-like vegetable is a genuine superfood – it’s great whizzed up in place of basil in an Italian sauce
- Mushroom & potato curry – Create a tasty, spicy vegetarian dish with mushroom and curry in less than half an hour
- Gnocchi & tomato bake – A comforting veggie main packed with rich Italian flavours
- Pasta with creamy greens & lemon – Try a new topping for your pasta, ready in just 15 minutes
- Chickpea fritters with courgette salad – Mix up a pancake-style batter to make little griddle cakes with storecupboard ingredients, then serve with a contrasting green salad
- Halloumi burgers – These veggie halloumi burgers in brioche buns are perfect for the whole family. Serve as a quick and easy lunch – they’re also great on camping holidays
- Red lentil pasta with creamy tomato & pepper sauce – Add to your five-a-day with this red lentil pasta. Gluten and dairy free, the sauce is made with peppers and cashews, which add protein and give it a creamy texture
- Refried bean quesadillas – This casual meat-free main is a cheap and cheerful way to fill up your friends
- Gnocchi with lemon & chive pesto – Potato gnocchi make a welcome change from pasta. Give them a go in this simple veggie supper for two
- Halloumi, carrot & orange salad – Serve this halloumi, carrot, orange and watercress salad with a mustard and honey dressing for an easy lunch or starter. It takes just 20 minutes to make and delivers one of your 5-a-day
- Ultimate falafel wrap – Make our 5-ingredient falafels to create these ultimate veggie wraps, packed with falafels, avocado and herbs and topped with a delicious tahini sauce
- Super-quick sesame ramen – Rustle up this warming veggie ramen in just 15 minutes. Think of it as healthy fast food – it’s low-fat, low-calorie and low-cost as well
- Red pepper linguine – Dig out a red pepper, linguine, walnuts, garlic and parmesan to make this quick and easy supper. It takes just 20 minutes from prep to plate
- Moroccan mushrooms with couscous – This filling Moroccan meal is packed full of vitamins and vegetables
- Potato, pea & egg curry rotis – Cook this low-calorie potato curry for a budget-friendly midweek family meal. Serve warm bowlfuls with rotis and yogurt on the side
- Spicy corn, black bean & feta salad – An exciting main-course salad, packed with interesting flavours and textures and a hit of spice
- Tofu scramble – Try our vegan spiced tofu with cherry tomatoes for an egg-free take on scramble on toast. Perfect for breakfast, served on rye bread
- Shakshuka – Make our easy shakshuka for a comforting brunch. Vary this dish by flavouring the simple tomato sauce with whatever you have to hand – curry powder, pesto or fresh herbs
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Need nutritious dinner ideas? Go meat-free with tasty recipes that are good for you, including pasta dishes, healthy salads, warming soups and stews.
- Cheap and dead easy to make – stuff our simple falafels into warm pittas with salad, or serve with couscous and hummus
- Crispy grilled feta with saucy butter beans – Stuck in a food rut? Grab a can of butter beans, some feta and passata to make this super-speedy and super-tasty supper. Full of goodness, it’s healthy too
- Smoky tomato gazpacho – Pack in the goodness with this speedy smoky gazpacho soup, it’s healthy, low in fat and calories, yet full of flavour. Garnish with basil leaves to serve
- Creamy courgette lasagne – Serve this quick, creamy courgette & ricotta lasagne for a last-minute dinner party to impress vegetarian friends. It’s a great way to use courgettes when they’re in season
- Quick & easy chickpea coconut dhal – Try this quick and easy version of dhal. It’s packed with good-for-you ingredients including chickpeas, lentils and spinach
- Indian bean, broccoli & carrot salad – Stock up on your super-greens with this vibrant, healthy lunch dish with cucumber raita, mustard seeds and lots of veggie goodness
- Harissa veg, goat’s cheese & couscous salad – Ditch your boring sandwich and make an exciting lunch from your leftover roasted vegetables – squash, peppers and aubergine work well
- Tartines with roasted tomatoes & mint pesto – French open-faced cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches, drizzled with light mint and garlic pesto and spread with ricotta
- Warm halloumi, chickpea & lime salad – Rustle up a quick salad for two with green beans, chickpeas and tomatoes, topped with decadent fried cheese
- Cherry tomato, kale, ricotta & pesto pasta – Fresh basil sauce and cherry tomatoes give this healthy dish a beautiful colour – it’s also full of fibre and vitamin C
- Harissa aubergine kebabs with minty carrot salad – Whip up supper for two in a flash with these vegetarian, North African-inspired skewers with healthy slaw and hummus
- Lentil rice salad with beetroot & feta dressing – Get a healthy dose of folate and fibre in this good for you dish, which uses time saving ready-cooked rice
- Speedy Mediterranean gnocchin – A super fast, low fat and low calorie meal using chargrilled veg from the deli counter, red pesto, basil and cheese – ready in 5 minutes
- Microwave chilli – For a super speedy supper, try Jack Monroe’s vegetarian kidney bean chilli – a great way to get 2 of your 5-a-day in this microwavable, midweek meal
- Moroccan chickpea soup – Try something different for vegetarians with Moroccan chickpea soup
- Roasted cabbage with harissa butter beans & baked feta – Pair roasted cabbage with punchy harissa and preserved lemon for a wholesome veggie meal. When roasted and charred, cabbage makes a great meat alternative
- Boiled egg, avocado & quick pickled radish tartine – This light lunch or brunch is 2 of your 5-a-day and will be on the plate in just 20 minutes. Tangy pickled radishes add a layer of crunch and complement the creamy avocado
- Chickpea, spinach & almond butter bowl – Combine chickpeas and spinach with almond butter and spices to make this veg-packed family supper. Ready in just 25 minutes, serve with rice
- Tomato & basil soup – Combine fruity sundried tomatoes with tinned tomatoes to make this rich tomato soup with a homemade basil pesto – perfect for the depths of winter.
- Wild rice salad – A superhealthy vegetarian side that’s perfect with spicy stews
- Vegetarian club – Give the traditional layered sandwich a meat-free twist by combining hummus with healthy tomato, watercress and carrot
- Miso ramen – Not sure about the taste of tofu? In this miso ramen, it’s fried in a delicious sweet and sticky glaze and is accompanied by amazing Japanese flavours – delicious
- Bulgur & broad bean salad with zesty dressing – A light salad with plenty of green vegetables, a chilli lime dressing, fresh mint and grains to pack into a lunchbox
- Spicy courgette pitta pockets – Treat yourself to a solo supper of grilled vegetables, served in bread pockets with tahini, hummus, broad beans and harissa