From the beginning, we wanted to bring our passion for food to the masses. We believe that real food can change your life and our blog is dedicated to sharing information about how we cook and eat as a family.
Food With Love
No matter how you slice and dice it, food and love are inextricably tied.
In fact, YourTango polled more than a thousand hungry readers for our Breakfast, Love and Dinner survey, and 75% agreed that preparing food for someone is a significant act of love.
If that doesn’t get you hungry for some sweet, sweet romantic dinners, I don’t know what will. Actually, food and love quotes might do the trick.
We all love food quotes because they’re just so relatable. You’ve probably heard Virginia Woolf’s popular quote “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well,” but other notable food-loving people have also poetically described the bond between food and love.
RELATED: 50 Food Quotes & Famous Sayings About Eating Well
A food lover or foodie is someone who lives to eat rather than eats to live. They take extra pleasure in cooking, eating, and dining experiences and these witty quotes about food and love from famous foodies make excellent Instagram captions for your #foodstagrams.
We’ve gathered the best food and love quotes for food lovers to get your stomach rumbling.
1. “Cooking is like love: It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” — Harriet van Horne
2. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” —Alan D. Wolfelt
3. “All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” — John Gunther
4. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” ― George Bernard Shaw
5. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… The people who give you their food give you their heart.” — Cesar Chavez
6. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf
7. “I have made a lot of mistakes falling in love, and regretted most of them, but never the potatoes that went with them.” ― Nora Ephron
8. “Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.” ― M.F.K. Fisher
9. “My weaknesses have always been food and men — in that order.” — Dolly Parton
10. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ― Charles M. Schulz
RELATED: 18 Totally Adorable Food Puns That Will Make You Laugh Out Loud
11. “There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves.” — Thomas Wolfe
12. “Cooking is love made visible.” — Unknown
13. “I love my pizza so much, in fact, that I have come to believe in my delirium that my pizza might actually love me, in return. I am having a relationship with this pizza, almost an affair.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert.
Inspiring Quotes About Food and Love
Ok, we’ve all heard that the way to his heart is through his stomach, but here are some lesser-known quotes about food and love—including some from notables like Julia Child and Dolly Parton—worth checking out (and Pinning). If you or your future spouse are foodies, consider dropping one of these food quotes into your wedding reading or even into your vows (just maybe not the last quote in the list).
1. Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate – Aland D. Wolfelt
This food lover quote is an excellent reminder that there are endless ways to say, “I love you.” One way that almost everyone appreciates is with a romantic home-cooked meal.
2. The people who give you their food give you their heart. – Cesar Chavez
This quote from Chavez continues to ring true. Maybe that’s why eating a meal together is an almost universal wedding tradition no matter where you live. The people you invite and feed at your wedding are likely to be the most important people in your life.
3. My love for you is pizza shaped. Won’t you have a slice? It’s circular, so there’s enough to go around. – Dora J. Arod
We absolutely adore this funny food quote, and not just because pizza is one of the most perfect foods in the world. Arod’s quote is a humorous way of saying that when a heart is open, there’s enough love for all.
4. Cooking is love made visible. – Anonymous
Even though we don’t know who first shared this food lover quote, the words are still apropos. To cook is to nourish. It is to give pleasure and renewal. Kind of like love.
5. People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
Julia Child would know. The inspiring television chef brought joy and love to everyone who watched her show. Those who love to eat and also those who love life and are open to joy and pleasure. That’s why it’s so important to choose the right caterer for your wedding.